Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My practice routine.. sort of,

2 posters

Go down

My practice routine.. sort of, Empty My practice routine.. sort of,

Post by makidude Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:11 am

Hi, I'm a piano nub, and I used to play piano when I was 6 years old, up to 8 years old.. then I convinced my mom to stop torturing me lol. 8 years later, I told her I want to learn again, and now I'm starting to learn again.. So basically, I know about half of the first movement of Moonlight sonata, the intro for Canon in D.. and 2 measures short of Castle Cornelia from Final Fantasy 1..

My Piano teacher said I should focus on the technical stuff first, as to build my "toolbox".. So I'm trying those long overdue triads and scales..

My C major scale sounds like that of an M16, (burst fire lol) because of the tucking.. If I play it slowly though, it's more consistent.

and those simple triads are nightmare since I keep getting it wrong.. because I keep pressing a B instead of a C.. Actually, I got the right hand all right, and the left hand sorta in the mud.

Taming the piano is pretty hard lol, in video games, you get a save point where if you die, you continue from where you died. On the piano, if you make a mistake, it ruins the mood, the emotion and it's game over. It's more precise too, in Street Fighter IV, the fireball motion is very lenient.. you can wiggle your joystic and press a punch button and you get a fireball. A scale? Not so much.

So anyways, my practice routine.. C major scale and triads.. just keep doing them till I go autopilot?

makidude

Number of posts : 1
Length of time playing piano : a few months
Guru Points : -1
Registration date : 2009-06-25

Back to top Go down

My practice routine.. sort of, Empty Re: My practice routine.. sort of,

Post by ROBIN Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:28 am

Hi makidude and welcome to forum ,hehe "taming the piano" lol couldnt put it better myself Smile but once tamed it will be a pet for life as long as we feed it Smile)

ROBIN
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 178
Job/hobbies : learning to play
Length of time playing piano : as long as it takes (nearly 4 months)
Guru Points : 13
Registration date : 2009-05-10

Back to top Go down