Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post here If you consider me your teacher!

+108
Amay
Kelly
sadio
ionas
Cricket
Caius
Kinatic
ZoologyGirl
Pianoted
posy
sridhar
PianoVic
Casioc180
sergeman
umefurisode
cheesesandwitchs
Zommbie Rabbit
Phenyxx
rubbersoul
ROBIN
cindyl57
learningpiano80
sunburst
pashn4chrst
Tina
panrixx
Lioness
sourstripe
aendym
jasongosen
snslvnv
MusicLover
smallmei
frank
Lanxil
Odeken
themanwhowas
:.Smiley.:
pathetic_pianist
Gidget
wongb18c
Klavier
ForestG
Natalia
MysteriousGgirl
klixonnylle
&#9835&#9834I
Ady
daany
jnettle1
munkuminx
tomomimorgan
Ursula Spots
Terra
BruceC
django
Doug
lunazul
mia
d.chimeraan
poper
smurf88
diego_mendez_c
Angelique
mattsplace71854
John24
porcupine2
kkbbccgg
Osiris1974
Loiseylulu
SeanL44
leonard
Catherine
JohnA
Storm1822
4my2girls
zihanah
Amro
Fryderyk
acamyy
Sammie2499
Pianokid220
daniel_isaac
harmony
==SāVānnāH>>
Sweet Black Rose
kwesifriends
VictorCS
Dr.Avery
Depo007
Marnex
moonlight21
Shouji
Biko
Orange
Adelbert0923
Phi
zeroflash
CripKilla
Thomandy
ktruong77
dickie_29
g0tfish
maggiekedves
Cynthia
draw_de
Furelisa
Admin Andrew
112 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Post here If you consider me your teacher! - Page 6 Empty Re: Post here If you consider me your teacher!

Post by wongb18c Sun May 17, 2009 8:19 am

I definitely consider you my piano teacher Andrew, even though I don't know you personally and it's through the internet. But I learned so much info, however, practicing and actually getting good is another story :[

Age 25 (yes I know I'm too old to start learning the piano)
Been playing the piano for - 1 week now!
Skill level - 2 steps below novice
Goal - to become intermediate level and play a classical piece

wongb18c
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Number of posts : 17
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2009-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post here If you consider me your teacher! - Page 6 Empty Re: Post here If you consider me your teacher!

Post by Klavier Sun May 17, 2009 3:39 pm

You're never too old to play piano and don't think you won't get an expert if you practice either, its just almost impossible for you to become the best technical pianist in the world and concert level. But you can learn to play any piece you wish after you know the techniques etc Very Happy It just takes time and dedication Very Happy Often things about your life already will flow into piano even though you've never played one, so you never know, you could be a prodigy waiting to blossom Very Happy Just do your best Smile
Klavier
Klavier
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 200
Job/hobbies : ASDA Colleague | Piano, games and movies.
Length of time playing piano : 2 Weeks! ^_^
Guru Points : 9
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post here If you consider me your teacher! - Page 6 Empty G''Day

Post by Gidget Tue May 19, 2009 7:26 am

G'Day
I am 48 years old, and live on the mid north coast of NSW, Ostrailya. I have just been diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis in it's early stages, my kids have all recently left home and my mum passed away recently, dad a few years ago, and as I am on my own, I started to feel very sorry for myself.
I have always wanted to learn the piano, but never had the opportunity.
So, the other night, in the midst of my misery, George Harrison appeared to me in a dream and told me it would be great to learn a musical instrument, that when I get together with my musical mates I could have a real gear time! "You really ought to take it up! Everybody can play something musical and it's so much fun! "
Next day I went to the music shop and told the salesman, a "hard core" muso, about my dream. He said "he's right you know!" He then went on to charm me with a Yamaha portable keyboard, and that was it!
Considering formal lessons, but lacking the self-confidence combined with time constraints related to my shift work, I did a quick hunt on the net for something in the interim, and found you, Andrew! From watching just the first vid, I was delighted with your style and knowledge. And I can't get over how much I have learnt already in this short time! Everything seems to be coming together in the universe. I have only been practicing for a couple of weeks, and I am feeling very positive and upbeat. It is just right for what I need right now! And the practice (1 hr+ /day) is just what the Rheumatologist ordered!
Thank you Andrew, you are a very special person!
"Here comes the sun"!!!!

Gidget

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Tue May 19, 2009 7:39 pm

Smile Thanks everyone!!!!
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1277
Job/hobbies : Piano teacher, pianist
Length of time playing piano : Started in 1992; 17 years of playing.
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-02-22

http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by pathetic_pianist Thu May 28, 2009 3:46 pm

Hi there,
Something about me. I am playing the piano (or rather trying to play it with aid of my teacher) since 5 months, based on a sudden decision I took while listening to Appassionata (one of my favourites, not that I was not considering learning the piano before, but that acted as a trigger), and never looked back since. It has been fun practicing, learning new stuff to play, exultation of getting something right, and although I know it is too late to get up to the level of playing appassionata if you start learning at 27, I still enjoy playing my own little repertoire I built up (just learnt canon in d lee galloway arrangement). Anyways, came across this forum, and took the opportunity, to say a BIG THANKS to Andrew, for putting up such an useful platform to know stuff. Your videos are fun, instructive, and very very helpful.
And btw, my login name is also meant to be a pun on pathetique, another sonata that I like.

pathetic_pianist
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Male Number of posts : 29
Job/hobbies : reading, playing piano, travel
Length of time playing piano : 5 months
Registration date : 2009-05-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Thu May 28, 2009 4:18 pm

pathetic_pianist wrote:...and although I know it is too late to get up to the level of playing appassionata if you start learning at 27, I still enjoy playing my own little repertoire I built up

Hi Smile

Well this is Wrong Smile With dedication this is VERY achievable! If you got talent its even easier achievable!
But even though you Maybe never will play it in the same way as the Professional Pianists, you Will be able to, if you want(someday) to play it fairly good! But that has something to do with dedication and talent, not Age!!! Smile

Im 24 now, started last year, and have already mastered higher levels, not at a pro level(yet^^) but, I am pretty sure I will be able to play one or two of Chopins Etudes this Year(which is only my second year).
Only thing Im struggling atm is motivation Razz I start pieces, and dont complete them.

Last year I managed to learn Moonlight sonata, Fur Elise, Turkish March, Maple Leaf Rag and Nocturne Op9 No 2 ect

This year!! No big pieces Sad

So if you manage to keep motivated, got the passion, dedication and a little dose of talent, you can play the Appassionata before you know it Wink
Thomandy
Thomandy

Male Number of posts : 2616
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by pathetic_pianist Thu May 28, 2009 5:10 pm

wow, that's fast learning, and pretty motivational also. I am taking it nice and easy right now. I am targeting turkish march next by the end of this year and which is going to be the first major classical piece to attempt . Thanks a lot for your reply, and by the way, whatever pieces I know to play till now, I end up screwing up in the end part, I guess I should start picking up from the reverse side next Very Happy

pathetic_pianist
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Male Number of posts : 29
Job/hobbies : reading, playing piano, travel
Length of time playing piano : 5 months
Registration date : 2009-05-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Thu May 28, 2009 6:02 pm

pathetic_pianist wrote:wow, that's fast learning, and pretty motivational also. I am taking it nice and easy right now. I am targeting turkish march next by the end of this year and which is going to be the first major classical piece to attempt . Thanks a lot for your reply, and by the way, whatever pieces I know to play till now, I end up screwing up in the end part, I guess I should start picking up from the reverse side next Very Happy

Yeah, its good to feel the territory like you do and then set goals Smile
And thats a good way to learn, Im a bit bad at structure when learning things myselfe, maybe I should take your ex there Wink Good Luck and Welcome to the forum! Be sure to use it a lot^^
Thomandy
Thomandy

Male Number of posts : 2616
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by :.Smiley.: Sun May 31, 2009 12:01 am

Hey! I'm Spencer from Ontario, Canada. 13 years old. I have watched some of your video's so far and i have learned so much! I love your sense of humor and how you make everything fun to learn. Thank you so much. I wish I lived in B.C. for you could teach me, LOL! People are so lucky to have you as a teacher. I don't have a keyboard yet but my parents might get me one (hopefully bounce ) but i've been practicing on this tiny baby's keyboard that has really small keys and i think 20 white keys or so, but at least it's something eh!? Very Happy
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Male Number of posts : 23
Job/hobbies : reading, drawing, swimming, piano, computer :P
Length of time playing piano : Late August 2009
Registration date : 2009-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Klavier Sun May 31, 2009 8:03 pm

More than I got at the minute dude. Smile I've taken to pretending I'm pressing keys when I'm board at work! *taps desk over and over*
Klavier
Klavier
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 200
Job/hobbies : ASDA Colleague | Piano, games and movies.
Length of time playing piano : 2 Weeks! ^_^
Guru Points : 9
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by :.Smiley.: Sun May 31, 2009 10:01 pm

lol! yeah i do that at school, i've also drawn out keys on a piece of paper so i can practice on that too, which is kind of better than the little keyboard becasue it is the right width. Very Happy
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Male Number of posts : 23
Job/hobbies : reading, drawing, swimming, piano, computer :P
Length of time playing piano : Late August 2009
Registration date : 2009-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by themanwhowas Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:20 am

You are totally my piano teacher Andrew. I've learned a bit from books before but it's not the same as having someone explain things and give demonstrations.

Quick question: why is it that whenever i try and ask a question during a video you ignore me and just continue with your piano talk? this is very rude
themanwhowas
themanwhowas
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Male Number of posts : 16
Guru Points : 1
Registration date : 2009-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Odeken Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:25 pm

I would be honored to call you my teacher!
Odeken
Odeken
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Male Number of posts : 25
Length of time playing piano : All my life
Registration date : 2009-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Lanxil Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:01 am

Odeken wrote:I would be honored to call you my teacher!

Yes, I hold the same opinion.
I mean, Andrew, you are doing those tutorials in your free time and through you, I really considered starting the piano. Look at the community, you have positioned. You are really a great person.
Your character is nice, you are humorous and you help people in your free time, you give the people something, you give the people the chance to learn something new. Even though words can`t express it perfect, you are really a good, a great person in my point of view.
Lanxil
Lanxil
Advanced Pianist
Advanced Pianist

Male Number of posts : 58
Job/hobbies : scholar
Length of time playing piano : got my piano ^^ happy~
Guru Points : 7
Registration date : 2009-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post by frank Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:55 pm

I consider you one of my teacher, too. I have had a cheap MIDI keyboard (but at least touch-sensitive) for some years, but never used it much. Then I listened to your very nice Zanarkand performance cheers , gave away my old keyboard to my brother (his girlfriend can do magic things with it, and an old used Roland MIDI synthesizer I've bought for them) and started learning piano playing for serious with a Yamaha P-85. Now that I get lessons once a week on a real piano, I start to hear and feel the difference, e.g. you can hit or press a key differently on a real piano and it sounds differently, but not with the same variation in tone on my e-piano. Maybe saving some money for a real piano would be a good idea, but then I'll need even more money for a bigger appartment Sad

Currently I'm learning this piece:

My piano teacher showed me the basics, now I have to memorize the finger positions, but it seems to be not too difficult and sounds very nice drunken I guess once I know how to play it, the difficult thing for this piece would be expression.

frank
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 211
Job/hobbies : computer programmer
Length of time playing piano : some weeks before registration date
Guru Points : 8
Registration date : 2009-05-24

http://www.frank-buss.de

Back to top Go down

Post here If you consider me your teacher! - Page 6 Empty Thanks!!!

Post by smallmei Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:27 am

Hello everyone,

I would like to thank to Andrew. He are very kind to share his piano skills to people. I deeply appreciate Andrew to give me this opportunity to learn piano by myself. (of course, my effort is because of Andrew :-)).
I am 22 years old HongKong girl. I am green to learn to how to play piano. I have been eager to learn musical instruments, specially piano, when I was young. But my family could not afford me to learn piano and this is my regret. One day, my friend who is guitarist in his band gives me a electronic piano and tells me to learn piano by myself . For his advices, I search some videos from youtube and find Andrew's videos!!! These videos encourage me to realize my dream. Now, I can join some basic piano courses in outsides. Although I still cannot afford to learn the standard piano courses, at least it is something I can do.
Thanks a lot :-)
PS. please forgive that I cannot express well in English....

Best Regards,
Smallmei

smallmei

Female Number of posts : 2
Job/hobbies : University student
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:59 pm

Hey Smallmei!

Thank you very much for the kind words and I am honored to help teach you Smile It's always nice to hear people stories because they open my eyes to the world outside and make me appreciate how lucky I am, in turn that makes me want to make more videos for you guys. Smile

Best wishes!
Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1277
Job/hobbies : Piano teacher, pianist
Length of time playing piano : Started in 1992; 17 years of playing.
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-02-22

http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by smallmei Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:26 am

Andrew:
Thanks for your reply ^_^! I'm so happy to be your student now. I will not be shy (hope I can..) to ask many questions in there. I pretty enjoy watching your videos, you teach so clear and funny. To be honest, my english is not very well and I cannot understand well. Sometimes, there are some proper names which I need to find in wiki to know what their meanings...haha..I will try my best to learn piano. Thank you so much again. I hope I am able to show you what I have learnt in future.
Regards,
Smallmei

smallmei

Female Number of posts : 2
Job/hobbies : University student
Registration date : 2009-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicLover Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:09 am

Hi Andrew,
My name is Maria, I'm 15 years old and i live in New york and I been watching your videos for around a week now and i appreciate everything that you have done. I always wanted to play the piano but i can't afford the lessons here.But Then i found you on youtube and i was so thankful for all your videos. Right now im in lesson 3 and i been taking notes of your lessons in a notebook lol! just as if i was in school lol. I try to practice on my own but is a little bit hard because I'm not sure if I'm doing everything right that's the hardest part for me right now, but keep up the good work, you are such an Amazing teacher!! i've learned a lot from you THANK YOU SOO MUCH!! sunny Very Happy

MusicLover

Female Number of posts : 1
Job/hobbies : Singing, Dancing and learning how to play the piano :)
Length of time playing piano : mabey llike a week lol, i had the keyboard for a couple of months but im learning to play the piano now
Registration date : 2009-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post here If you consider me your teacher! - Page 6 Empty New student, New to Piano

Post by snslvnv Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:47 pm

Hi my name is Scott. I'm 52 years old and a beginning piano student. I live in Sanford, North Carolina. Not alot of free time with job, although there's always some time if managed correctly. Really love the advancement of Andrew on the net. Looking forward to working off his site.

snslvnv

Male Number of posts : 1
Job/hobbies : Learning Piano and Guitar
Length of time playing piano : Under three months.
Registration date : 2009-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post by jasongosen Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:31 pm

Greetings. My name's Jason, I'm 18, live in Vancouver, and I have big hands. Ive been using a computer keyboard for years, so I figured: "Heck, I'll try the piano!" But seriously, I've always loved music and I've always wanted to be able to play. And the piano is so appealing to me, I like watching video performances and seeing the players hands dance along the keys, invoking different tones. So I searched the internet for some online lessons, but I didn't expect to find any as good as yours Andrew, at least not for FREE. So thank you, my teacher! What a Face
jasongosen
jasongosen
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Male Number of posts : 11
Length of time playing piano : Since Registration Date
Registration date : 2009-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by aendym Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:44 pm

Hey Andrew!
My name's Andria, a 28 year old teacher from Germany that has just started to learn how to play the piano. Since I found your Videos on Youtube, I have been spending more time in my office studying and practising then with my own husband. He is starting to get jelouse about me always laughing at your jokes and doting on you! =)
Anyway... you've been an awful lot of help so far and I hope you keep up that fantastic work of yours! You are a genious! It would be an honor to be your student! =)
Greets from Germany
Andria
aendym
aendym
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Female Number of posts : 208
Job/hobbies : Teacher - other than that painting, drawing and being creative
Length of time playing piano : August 2009
Guru Points : 13
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by sourstripe Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:15 pm

I just started playing recently ( 2 days ago) because of your How to Play Fur Elise video on youtube. So im sure you are an awesome teacher. after about 4 hours i managed to get the first 6 notes down. It's really annoying my 4 and 5 dont move the way i want them to on my right hand. but i know you and the forum will help out and i'll find some finger excersies to help me out.

sourstripe
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Male Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Lioness Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:36 am

Hi. Im from Trinidad and Tobago. I would like to be your student but i live way to far away sob. I am 20 years old and in university now. I am doing a music minor. I hope you can help me with my questions Smile

Lioness

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-08-10

Back to top Go down

Post by panrixx Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:41 am

Hello Andrew and forum members.

I'm Brian from the UK. I'm 60 and have decided to do what I have wanted to do for a long time - learn to play the piano/keyboard. I said to myself "if you don't start now, you never will". I have seen Andrew's videos 1-4, so far, and enjoyed the friendly and clear way each part was put across.

I bought myself an 'as new' Yamaha MM8 and started my journey about a week ago. A number of years ago I purchased a Roland Alpha Juno-2 but never really got down to any serious learning. This time I promised myself I will commit to learning properly and consistantly.

I look forward to joining in this community and learning from Andrew and forum members. Excellent work Andrew, you are a Like a Star @ heaven

panrixx

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next