Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post here If you consider me your teacher!

+108
Amay
Kelly
sadio
ionas
Cricket
Caius
Kinatic
ZoologyGirl
Pianoted
posy
sridhar
PianoVic
Casioc180
sergeman
umefurisode
cheesesandwitchs
Zommbie Rabbit
Phenyxx
rubbersoul
ROBIN
cindyl57
learningpiano80
sunburst
pashn4chrst
Tina
panrixx
Lioness
sourstripe
aendym
jasongosen
snslvnv
MusicLover
smallmei
frank
Lanxil
Odeken
themanwhowas
:.Smiley.:
pathetic_pianist
Gidget
wongb18c
Klavier
ForestG
Natalia
MysteriousGgirl
klixonnylle
&#9835&#9834I
Ady
daany
jnettle1
munkuminx
tomomimorgan
Ursula Spots
Terra
BruceC
django
Doug
lunazul
mia
d.chimeraan
poper
smurf88
diego_mendez_c
Angelique
mattsplace71854
John24
porcupine2
kkbbccgg
Osiris1974
Loiseylulu
SeanL44
leonard
Catherine
JohnA
Storm1822
4my2girls
zihanah
Amro
Fryderyk
acamyy
Sammie2499
Pianokid220
daniel_isaac
harmony
==SāVānnāH>>
Sweet Black Rose
kwesifriends
VictorCS
Dr.Avery
Depo007
Marnex
moonlight21
Shouji
Biko
Orange
Adelbert0923
Phi
zeroflash
CripKilla
Thomandy
ktruong77
dickie_29
g0tfish
maggiekedves
Cynthia
draw_de
Furelisa
Admin Andrew
112 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Post here If you consider me your teacher! - Page 5 Empty Re: Post here If you consider me your teacher!

Post by lunazul Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:17 am

Me! Me! Me! cheers I wanna be your student too! tongue

Seriously, I can't remember how I bumped into Andrew's vids in youtube three days ago... I think I was looking for "First Arabesque" and it came up somewhere. I though "Hum... How to play piano? This could be cool..." and there I jumped to his page and watched lesson #18 (the one with creating the highway with practice... my memory fails me lately...) Well, I watched the whole 25 minutes and thought he gave such good advice! Not only to play piano but how to be optimistic and believe you can do things without getting stuck in the "I can't, it's too difficult for me" situation.
Ever since , I've become a student, today I took lesson #2 and played Mary Had a Little Lamb Laughing Awesome! I absolutely love the way he teaches, so down to earth he makes you believe you can really do all the stuff... and at the end you CAN!!

I always wanted to learn how to play piano, all my life, never got the chance to get a lesson until now. Andrew has renewed my dying hopes.

Oh! My name is Deyanira, I've seen 26 winters and live in Florida. I was born and raised in Cuba.

Thank you so much Andrew, you're are doing something wonderful. I love you
lunazul
lunazul
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Female Number of posts : 31
Length of time playing piano : About a month
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post here If you consider me your teacher! - Page 5 Empty Re: Post here If you consider me your teacher!

Post by Admin Andrew Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:34 am

lunazul wrote:Me! Me! Me! cheers I wanna be your student too! tongue

Seriously, I can't remember how I bumped into Andrew's vids in youtube three days ago... I think I was looking for "First Arabesque" and it came up somewhere. I though "Hum... How to play piano? This could be cool..." and there I jumped to his page and watched lesson #18 (the one with creating the highway with practice... my memory fails me lately...) Well, I watched the whole 25 minutes and thought he gave such good advice! Not only to play piano but how to be optimistic and believe you can do things without getting stuck in the "I can't, it's too difficult for me" situation.
Ever since , I've become a student, today I took lesson #2 and played Mary Had a Little Lamb Laughing Awesome! I absolutely love the way he teaches, so down to earth he makes you believe you can really do all the stuff... and at the end you CAN!!

I always wanted to learn how to play piano, all my life, never got the chance to get a lesson until now. Andrew has renewed my dying hopes.

Oh! My name is Deyanira, I've seen 26 winters and live in Florida. I was born and raised in Cuba.

Thank you so much Andrew, you're are doing something wonderful. I love you

Hey! what a wonderful story! Smile It makes me happy to hear these stories! ^_^ I'm honored to help people like you reach their dreams! Welcome to the forum! Ask questions! I try to be active here as much as possible.
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1277
Job/hobbies : Piano teacher, pianist
Length of time playing piano : Started in 1992; 17 years of playing.
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-02-22

http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Pianokid220 Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:24 am

wow lot mnore poeple keep joining this form
Pianokid220
Pianokid220
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 179
Job/hobbies : pEOPLE ARE MEAN
Length of time playing piano : WHY PLEASE DELETE ME ACCOUNT NOW
Registration date : 2008-07-15

https://www.youtube.com/aclyde15greenc

Back to top Go down

Post by lunazul Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:18 am

Of course, Piano kid! People need music in their lives, and even more if like us, they have a special passion for it.

Once again, Andrew, thanks for the welcome! I just filed my taxes so that I can buy my digital piano with the money from the refund. cheers Yay!! Laughing I still can't believe after all these years I'm finally doing it! Me so happy afro It's like an extended Christmas...
lunazul
lunazul
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:17 am

I'll sign up as a student of Andrew. Please feel free to nag me to practice more!

Doug
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Male Number of posts : 31
Job/hobbies : Manager
Length of time playing piano : Just started
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post here If you consider me your teacher! - Page 5 Empty Another student to add on your list.

Post by django Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:02 am

Hi Andrew , looks like you got another student. Thanks for these precious lessons. I'm really looking foward to follow them all and finally get started on the piano. A big HELLO to everone in the forum!!! So come on everbody and ..............LET'S PIANO WITH ANDREW!!!!!!

django

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:56 am

django wrote:Hi Andrew , looks like you got another student. Thanks for these precious lessons. I'm really looking foward to follow them all and finally get started on the piano. A big HELLO to everone in the forum!!! So come on everbody and ..............LET'S PIANO WITH ANDREW!!!!!!

hehe! party!! cheers

dances* bounce
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post here If you consider me your teacher! - Page 5 Empty Hi.

Post by BruceC Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:49 am

I had never even lived in the same home as a piano until last year, when our neighbors who were moving out sold us an ancient upright Wurlitzer dirt cheap. My wife wanted it 'just in case' our children wanted to learn piano.

I played the trumpet badly in high school, but never really got into music. I've never had "the ear", and have never been able to distinguish C# from a wet duck, so I always just felt the ability to make music was something you had or you didn't, and I definitely did not. But as I've aged, I've found music moves me more and more deeply, I appreciate it differently now than I did when I was young. So at 35 years of age I found myself wishing desperately that I could ~play~ something, to try and make a noise that reflects how I feel inside. And here comes this piano into our home. So one day when I'm finally home alone (rare with a wife and three kids), I go on youtube and find this crazy haired bright faced young guy who explains how to tuck my thumb under so I give C major a try and find that, hey, that's actually fun to do. G major's a little more challenging, but a few minutes and I've at least got the basics down, though of course tempo and tone leaves a lot to be desired (practice practice practice). I even worked out F major with the left hand based on the pattern in lesson two.

So yes, at this point Andrew has definitely taught me more than anyone else ever has about playing the piano. I don't know how far I'll go but at this point I've at least been given the hope that even an older atonal guy can pick it up. So thanks, it's really so generous of you to put so much work and effort into helping people learn how to play. Surely music must mean a lot to you if you work so hard to give it to everyone.

BruceC

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Terra Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:52 pm

Hello, Andrew and other forum goers!

Back in the eight grade, my high school music teacher out right said to me that she hoped that I wasn't considering a career in music due to the fact that I seemed unable to pick up reading music. Considering that I passed all of her practical exams with the keyboard just fine and I'd never expressed to her any plans of pursuing a career in music, I think it was a pretty harsh comment to pull out of nowhere. My parents are quite musical but I can be quite shy and I think that it was a big blow to my confidence.

Now I'm twenty, I've just finished my diploma in Library and Information Services about a month ago, and though I do have two (casual) jobs, I suddenly find myself with more free time then what I'm used to. Bad teachers aside, I do love music and still have an interest in piano. We do actually have a piano in our home and it's looking a little lonely. It doesn't get played enough. I think the piano and I could keep each other good company. Smile

I'd come across your YouTube channel a few months ago but only started watching your videos the other day. I'm so happy that I found your channel. You explain things very clearly, make things easy to follow, your attitude comes across as really positive (unlike a certain discouraging ex-teacher...), and you have a great sense of humour. Thank you so much for all of the time and effort put into providing us with these wonderful lessons. Your doing something wonderful and I would give you a big hug if I could. ^_^ I consider myself a complete beginner and while I have only watched five of your videos so far, I feel like I am all ready learning so much.

Terra

Female Number of posts : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:56 pm

Thank you guys both for your awesome stories Smile
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ursula Spots Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:10 am

Hey Andrew...
I am Ursula. I'm 15 years old. I know, i will never be your student in real, because i live really far far away from Canada... Crying or Very sad But you will always be my teacher in my mind and in my heart. Without your lessons and without your charming smile, I had not playing the piano now. Thanks for all that, Andrew... Smile
Ursula Spots
Ursula Spots
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Female Number of posts : 30
Length of time playing piano : Just 2 month...

Back to top Go down

Post by lunazul Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:04 am

Cyber group-hug for Andrew!!! cheers The sunshine man sunny
lunazul
lunazul
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post here If you consider me your teacher! - Page 5 Empty New Student!

Post by tomomimorgan Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:25 pm

Thank you. I know I still haven't studied nearly enough to be considered your "student", I already consider you my beloved piano teacher. Thanks for all your hard work, it's greatly appreciated. Smile
tomomimorgan
tomomimorgan
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Female Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Ursula Spots Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:29 pm

Andrew, just Thank you... You are Remarkably teacher... Piano Genius... Like Mozart Wink
Ursula Spots
Ursula Spots
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Female Number of posts : 30
Length of time playing piano : Just 2 month...

Back to top Go down

Post by munkuminx Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:13 pm

Hey all, I'm Elisabeth, 18, in my first semester at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville (undeclared major which will hopefully be in music after my audition next month). I found Andrew's videos on Youtube yesterday, went back to look at some more lessons today, checked out his website and noticed there was a forum... how could I resist?? You'll learn very quickly that I'm a frantic music lover and it seems to me everyone else here is as well. Yey!! Anyway, I'll save the rest for my introduction thread. On a more important note, I took piano lessons for about a year and a half in elementary school and since then have played very unprofessionally on my own.

Andrew, you're my teacher until I can find someone on campus who have the bravery- I mean the patience to teach me how to play piano.
munkuminx
munkuminx
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Female Number of posts : 9
Job/hobbies : Full time student
Length of time playing piano : At an estimate, a year and a half.
Registration date : 2009-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post here If you consider me your teacher! - Page 5 Empty Maybe premature!!

Post by jnettle1 Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:36 pm

My last piano lessons were 50 years ago. I had no talent then, but was encouraged by my parents for five years. Music appreciation enriched my life. I can read music, but playing more than two notes by memory always was an unmet challenge. The same was true of my high school trombone experience.

I tried to start again here in Oregon a year or so ago after losing my wife of 40 years, but I put too much pressure on myself. Anxiety was the result. The inconvenience of a long drive for the weekly lesson, the lack of practice discipline and the anxiety made my comeback last only a few weeks even though I bought a piano.

I stumbled on A Furmancyck by accident. His laid-back confident attitude caught my attention. Besides, he's Canadian, so he can't be all bad! I appreciate his philosophy that what I do with/through/because of him is for me only.

I'm gonna give you a try Andrew and I appreciate what you have done with your website and youtube.

JGN
Springfield, Oregon

jnettle1

Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by daany Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:58 pm

Furelisa wrote:Hey Everybody Smile
I'm one of Andrew's students in real life, and I'm sooooo excited that he got the site up! Very Happy I think it'll be an awesome place to learn, ask questions, and meet people with similar interests Smile
Congratulations Andrew! flower

Hello! Lucky you!! Wink BUT I consider myself also lucky that i found the "virtual" Andrew cheers Like this i finally started to learn to play the piano...as I had this wish for years! I also want to congratulate you, Andrew, for how you combine the theory and the practice!! I find it very constructive! Smile Thank you again!
daany
daany
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Female Number of posts : 27
Job/hobbies : student/climbing and learing to play the piano
Registration date : 2009-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post here If you consider me your teacher! - Page 5 Empty A new student in your list!! ^^

Post by Ady Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:10 am

Hi! My name is Adriana, I'm from Mexico city. I found your videos recently by accident and thou I'm only on lesson 3, I've learned a lot (believe me, talking about me, that's too much!! jeje alien )... you know... I have to watch them twice... ok ok... three or more times Rolling Eyes
'cause i'ts my first contact with piano and I'm just gettin used to the right keys and fingers...

I already consider you my teacher. With your videos I learn piano and practice my english juju Cool

I'm really thankful of have found such a gifted and charismathic person, 'cause you know? talented people could be by million, but talented people who share their talent and think of others are the most valuable.

I'm ready for my next lesson ^^ (only one question: how can I download the videos to watch them when I'm not connected?)

Thank you Professor Furmanczyk!! bom
Ady
Ady

Female Number of posts : 2
Job/hobbies : read, draw manga and listen to music
Length of time playing piano : a few days ago ^_^
Guru Points : 1
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post here If you consider me your teacher! - Page 5 Empty I would L0V3 to be Considered as one of your students!

Post by &#9835&#9834I Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:10 am

Dear Andrew,
I would love to be considered as one of your students! I am a 12 year old girl, named Yasmine, and I'm far from Canada. I've been wanting to learn piano since, i was 6. My parents never really had enough money for it, or thought i wasn't serious about it. But I truly am. I stumbled upon some of your videos on "Youtube" when I searched "How to play piano," and I was
AMAZED affraid with how easy it was! I was expecting it to be much harder, but when you explained how to do things, and what certain words meant, you made very easy. I also want to say that I appreciate all of your hard work, and commitment that you put into your videos to help those who know, or want to learn how to play piano. I love your videos so much, because they actually teach me. (I've been watching them for 2 days, and I'm on lesson #10 and I understand, everything you've taught me so far.) You understand the differance between, teaching, and telling, and I think that is the key to your teaching success when it come to me. Once again I really, really, really, really,really, appreciate all of your hard work, and dedication you put into teaching those who want to learn piano. Thank You! And I hope you have a FANTASTIC day! Like a Star @ heaven Very Happy

&#9835&#9834I

Female Number of posts : 1
Job/hobbies : School, Singing, learning piano, Writing songs (lyrics)
Length of time playing piano : 2 Days
Registration date : 2009-04-21

https://www.youtube.com/spazattack716

Back to top Go down

Post by klixonnylle Sat May 02, 2009 9:17 am

hello there sir andrew!!

hehehe.. i know i can't be your student because you're far away from Phils.. But you know that you are the first one who teaches me how to play piano.. i found your vids in youtube 2 days ago.. i was trying to find a video that teaches how to play pachelbel's canon.. then i saw your lesson 1.. after lesson 6 i was amazed that piano can be easily played when you put your heart and mind to it.. im glad i found you.. so i consider you a teacher..
klixonnylle
klixonnylle
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 112
Job/hobbies : Student
Length of time playing piano : complete beginner
Guru Points : 3
Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by MysteriousGgirl Sat May 02, 2009 2:48 pm

ill be very glad to be ur student
i couldnt find any teacher that could teaches me and i wanted to have teacher since i was a little girl my parents said ok at firs but then we moved to another country and couldnt find a teacher so i started to search the net for any song to play, i learned a little but without basics and notes.

However, im just a biggner and i saw ur vedio on youtube yesterday (Fur Elise_Beethoven) lesson i liked it very much.Actually i learned it.Im so happy cheers because i found the place that i can share my ideas, learn, and ask questions.Althuogh, im going to start the lessons from the first video.Please consider me ur student.

THANKS ALOT.
MysteriousGgirl
MysteriousGgirl
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Female Number of posts : 125
Job/hobbies : Designing, Drawing and playing Piano
Length of time playing piano : Biggner needs alot of help :D
Guru Points : 1
Registration date : 2009-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Natalia Sun May 03, 2009 7:11 pm

hello! i'm Natalia from Russia and i'm so happy to land here! Thousands of thanks for this site and for precious pieces of advice on youtube.
You are such a great teacher! and your videos are encouraging a lot and are so light and joyful. and so far im going to consider myself your student too thank you! flower

Natalia

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by ForestG Sun May 03, 2009 8:17 pm

Admin Andrew wrote:Hey guys, I just thought it'd be cool to assemble a list of people who consider me to be their teacher ^_^

Post away! You could say your name, your age, how long you've been playing piano, and where you live.
Very Happy

Hey there this is my first post here!
My name is Balįzs Kiss, I am 18 yrs old, and I have been learning poano for 10 years now (6 from that was in Musician school)
My name is a bit strange I know as I am Hungarian Smile Since I have moved to Secondary School I have stopped going for Piano lessons as I had to move to another city Sad Since then I was praciticing songs by myself from the internet, but Now as I found your site I was just like "Yes! this is something for me!" So I am just at your 6th Vid so far bat I am continiously wathcing them. Those are really the basics that I have as well but you are teaching so good it is quite fun to listen to you. And it is refreshing my memories as well Smile So keep up, I will be around here from now, and _Thank you_ for what you are doing here man. That's amazing!

ForestG

Back to top Go down

Post by Natalia Mon May 04, 2009 12:02 pm

hello , thank you for all help , advice and encouraging!!! i begin to learn piano and it is so nice with these lessons!

Natalia

Number of posts : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Klavier Thu May 14, 2009 4:46 pm

I consider you my teacher Andrew, without stumbling onto your videos and seeing how sheet music is deciphered I would never of been brave enough to actually see the piano simplistically and would of always thought of it as something out of my league and something which would be too late to learn! Without your videos to encourage and guide me I'm sure I would of fell into trap after trap when attempting piano by myself. Sooooo thank you very muchhhh and I'll do you proud, post some videos of my progress and remember you and your words of wisdom everytime i get stuck of frustrated. Maybe I'll compose later in life and dedicate a song to you! Thank you for a brighter future :3
Klavier
Klavier
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 200
Job/hobbies : ASDA Colleague | Piano, games and movies.
Length of time playing piano : 2 Weeks! ^_^
Guru Points : 9
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next