Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm getting a little confused, too many clefs D:

2 posters

Go down

I'm getting a little confused, too many clefs D: Empty I'm getting a little confused, too many clefs D:

Post by Klavier Wed May 27, 2009 9:48 pm

The music score I'm looking at basically has two treble clefs and a bass clef all linked together by a brace. So 3 staves. And its confusing me... I don't have 3 hands? Its just for piano I know that so it isn't because of another instrument. Does it want me to try and play both the two treble clefs and the bass at the same time..? I've looked at the music and it seems like at some parts thats gonna be really difficult if not impossible?

Am I missing something here...? Suspect

Perhaps the middle one is for a choir actually... after a second look, it has L'art du chant in the title?
Klavier
Klavier
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 200
Job/hobbies : ASDA Colleague | Piano, games and movies.
Length of time playing piano : 2 Weeks! ^_^
Guru Points : 9
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

I'm getting a little confused, too many clefs D: Empty Re: I'm getting a little confused, too many clefs D:

Post by goodell Thu May 28, 2009 8:55 am

i would say you're probably right, i've seen a few sheets arranged that way, and the phrase "L'art du chant" just sounds as if it's related to vocals, although i don't know exactly what it says... The only other possibilities i could think of would be an accompanying instrument, or that the piece was originally composed for a pipe organ.
goodell
goodell
Advanced Pianist
Advanced Pianist

Male Number of posts : 50
Job/hobbies : No job currently / Soccer, weight lifting, tennis, video games, gaining useless talents....
Length of time playing piano : Since about Feb. 10, 2009
Guru Points : 3
Registration date : 2009-02-18

Back to top Go down

I'm getting a little confused, too many clefs D: Empty Re: I'm getting a little confused, too many clefs D:

Post by goodell Thu May 28, 2009 8:57 am

oh, and if all else fails, try just playing the top treble clef and bass clef for a few measures, and see if it sounds right! if you have a recording of it that is.
goodell
goodell
Advanced Pianist
Advanced Pianist

Male Number of posts : 50
Job/hobbies : No job currently / Soccer, weight lifting, tennis, video games, gaining useless talents....
Length of time playing piano : Since about Feb. 10, 2009
Guru Points : 3
Registration date : 2009-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Klavier Thu May 28, 2009 5:17 pm

Okidoke thanks, I'll try it. The way the notes are arranged looks like almost constant legato and linked notes, with crescendos all over the place, sounds like it could be vocals to me too Surprised
Klavier
Klavier
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 200
Job/hobbies : ASDA Colleague | Piano, games and movies.
Length of time playing piano : 2 Weeks! ^_^
Guru Points : 9
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down