Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music learning books recommendations

2 posters

Go down

Music learning books recommendations Empty Music learning books recommendations

Post by wongb18c Tue May 26, 2009 9:19 pm

Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions or recommendations on some music lesson/learning books that might suit a beginner like me. I want to buy a few books that will help me with reading music better and faster, as well as a book that has novice-level sight reading exercises that I can use to practice.

If anyone knows any good books please provide the name & author, thanks.

wongb18c
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Number of posts : 17
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2009-05-12

Back to top Go down

Music learning books recommendations Empty Re: Music learning books recommendations

Post by Klavier Wed May 27, 2009 6:23 pm

There are whole books dedicated to sight reading, he mentions one set in his videos but I think its just the particular Sight Reading book series they have in Canada but other countries have their own published Sight reading training books too.

Slide-a-note is cool if you want really basic, also a nice thing to stick on your wall Very Happy Heres the link: http://www.soundfeelings.com/products/music_instruction/music_reading_tool.htm

There is also a Sight Reading book on that site which looks decent too.
I'd go with your national countries specific graded 1,2,3 etc piano sight reading books which will have exercises in too or read loads of review and shop around the web for something a little different and maybe more user friendly. I haven't used any sight reading books myself yet because Ive picked up sight reading pretty easily, I've been using flash cards a lot, everyday and i get quicker too, everyday, so maybe give them a try, they in a topic on this forum somewhere. Print 'em off and use 'em!
Klavier
Klavier
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 200
Job/hobbies : ASDA Colleague | Piano, games and movies.
Length of time playing piano : 2 Weeks! ^_^
Guru Points : 9
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Music learning books recommendations Empty Re: Music learning books recommendations

Post by wongb18c Wed May 27, 2009 8:00 pm

Flash cards, I see, I will def try it, thanks.

wongb18c
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Number of posts : 17
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2009-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down