Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39

+61
MyP&V
danaxyzw
Hero
cheesesandwitchs
Matthieu Stepec
sunburst
aendym
endre
zielarz999
Circle_of_Fists
theWarden
Jason Scott
surehit123
ROBIN
Lanxil
frank
MysteriousGgirl
Klavier
klixonnylle
goodell
prasanna
Karla Marx
Lunarr
Aigle
tomomimorgan
Ursula Spots
Christian
Pianokid220
poper
arzi
lepianoman
leonard
Biko
xkuruma
maestoso
karax268
Kjetil
zihanah
Fryderyk
Amro
khalyd
Rykaerdoe
harmony
The Royal Nobody
Shouji
kwesifriends
Marnex
Sepheron
Jordan
CripKilla
Phi
Casyopea
g0tfish
zeroflash
Phobik2000
maggiekedves
Admin Andrew
pianohama
VictorCS
Thomandy
65 posters

Page 21 of 32 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26 ... 32  Next

Go down

Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39 - Page 21 Empty Re: Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39

Post by Admin Andrew Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:20 pm

Thomandy wrote:Yeah, I can hear the :06 thing Smile
Understand what you mean! Ill work more on a slow paste with metronome to try to get it even smoother Smile

And yeah, I think I can sense what you mean on :47 Smile
Its hard to hear though, so thumbs up for that Smile
I can Feel what you mean, almost not hearing it. Ill try it at the piano,
and explore how to bring out the climax Smile

I might do another video, but if Im doing one, I will try another interpretation, where the 8ts are all staccato but with accent on the 2nd beat instead of slur's Smile

Awesome! I'm glad you found the comments helpful! Very Happy I can't wait to hear it when it's all done! Very Happy
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1277
Job/hobbies : Piano teacher, pianist
Length of time playing piano : Started in 1992; 17 years of playing.
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-02-22

http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39 - Page 21 Empty Re: Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39

Post by Lunarr Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:44 am

Hello!

Your play is amazing for the small experience you have. You are inspirating. I really like to compose, and I must say I'm jealous of your talent! I watched your comp I was like damn Exclamation
Nice job and keep it up! Very Happy

Last edited by Lunarr on Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:14 am; edited 2 times in total
Lunarr
Lunarr

Male Number of posts : 1
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by pianohama Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:42 am

i think youve written wrong in your topic name dude
pianohama
pianohama
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Number of posts : 462
Guru Points : 3
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:53 am

pianohama wrote:i think youve written wrong in your topic name dude

hehe, actually not Smile
Andrew changed the post value from 15 > 20... So It was correct before the changes Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Male Number of posts : 2616
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by pianohama Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:54 am

oh ok
pianohama
pianohama
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:58 am

pianohama wrote:oh ok

but ill fix it now
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:19 am

Yea, I changed it so there would be less page flipping to do hopefully. Sorry for the confusion!
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pianohama Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:01 pm

Admin Andrew wrote:Yea, I changed it so there would be less page flipping to do hopefully. Sorry for the confusion!

Mr andrew man ^^ I like what you've done to the place Very Happy. Btw, I have to say something but dont get angry with me =D! You look like that guy in american pie! Have you watched it? Youre like LOOKALIKES seriously!

Here he is

Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39 - Page 21 Sherminator
Thomas's Performances - NEW Liszt Moments Musicaux D.01 - Page 39 - Page 21 Sherminator
pianohama
pianohama
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:15 pm

ugggh. people at my work when i was a teenager used to tease me about that. I hate being compared to that guy. Razz (not that I hate him, i just want to be me not thought of as someone else.)
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pianohama Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:35 pm

Admin Andrew wrote:ugggh. people at my work when i was a teenager used to tease me about that. I hate being compared to that guy. Razz (not that I hate him, i just want to be me not thought of as someone else.)

Haha sorry man, I totally respect you for who you are and I know it sucks to be told "hey you look like that guy". But I saw the movie the other day and I was like "WTF! Andrew is an actor?!?!" Then I realised oh it's not him haha... Embarassed sorry, but I thought you'd think it was a funny thing
pianohama
pianohama
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by VictorCS Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:10 pm

Thomandy: What do you use when you speeddraw, a drawing tablet?
VictorCS
VictorCS

Male Number of posts : 944
Length of time playing piano : Started playing seriously in 2007, and been doing so since.
Guru Points : 18
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:25 pm

VictorCS wrote:Thomandy: What do you use when you speeddraw, a drawing tablet?

I used the facebook-graffiti-prog. to draw.
And recorded on medium speed with BSR Screen Recorder 4 Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:14 am

This is the New Trailer Theme to Zelda Spirit Tracks - Since there wasnt/isnt any sheets to be found at the moment, I had to learn this by ear! And I feel I did a good job Smile Created the harmony on my own, and tried to create the same feel as the Trailer - Even though other special effects are in the original trailer, but I like the result - Hope you enjoy Smile

Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by VictorCS Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:09 pm

I think it was a great "ear" job, good job with the pedaling too Smile

I've always wanted a pan flute since I was a little kid ( what they use in the trailer ), they're not too expensive either, 1200kr for a ok one made in real wood.

I've alwayse wanted a instrument where you can only play 1 note at a time, because it would be much easier to remember a tune on it, kinda like a back up instrument. Not that it would be easier in the start since you need to master technics to get sound etc, but in the long run it would be easier to learn new tunes. Trumpet, violin, pan flute etc.
VictorCS
VictorCS

Male Number of posts : 944
Length of time playing piano : Started playing seriously in 2007, and been doing so since.
Guru Points : 18
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:04 pm

VictorCS wrote:I think it was a great "ear" job, good job with the pedaling too Smile

I've always wanted a pan flute since I was a little kid ( what they use in the trailer ), they're not too expensive either, 1200kr for a ok one made in real wood.

I've alwayse wanted a instrument where you can only play 1 note at a time, because it would be much easier to remember a tune on it, kinda like a back up instrument. Not that it would be easier in the start since you need to master technics to get sound etc, but in the long run it would be easier to learn new tunes. Trumpet, violin, pan flute etc.

Thanks Smile

Ah, I see. Smile Im not familiar with that flute, its sounds great though! I would like to try a Ocarina someday Smile Thats also from 1000NOK +++
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:25 pm

Ocarina is surprisingly very easy and quite cheap to buy Smile a good professional ocarina is $200 tops. Unless you want to buy a top quality triple ocarina ($400-600)
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:59 pm

Yeah Smile Ill try to get one someday Smile
Im lacking a little motivation to learn a new piece atm.
My Bach was my last piece I learned, and thats a month ago Razz:P

Tips?! I try to start, but I end up composing instead Razz
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:37 pm

Thomandy wrote:Yeah Smile Ill try to get one someday Smile

There's nothing wrong with wanting to compose Smile sometimes I feel the same way, like i don't want to learn anything new at the moment. Maybe take a break for a week, if you still don't feel like learning something, try listening to some music and that could possibly inspire you. Also one way to learn pieces again is to go back and learn some easy songs you haven't played before, maybe learn Minuet in D minor by bach. Or Sonatina by Clementi Smile those are some good songs.
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:36 pm

Admin Andrew wrote:
Thomandy wrote:Yeah Smile Ill try to get one someday Smile

There's nothing wrong with wanting to compose Smile sometimes I feel the same way, like i don't want to learn anything new at the moment. Maybe take a break for a week, if you still don't feel like learning something, try listening to some music and that could possibly inspire you. Also one way to learn pieces again is to go back and learn some easy songs you haven't played before, maybe learn Minuet in D minor by bach. Or Sonatina by Clementi Smile those are some good songs.

Yeah, that might be a good solution Smile Before I could sit down for like 1 or 2 hours learning 30-50 bars, and then start the rest the next day. But now I try one bar and just give up Razz
So that might be a good idea, just release the Pressure from learning something great and huge, and instead learn something that is great in a smaller fashion Smile

I actually got a 60bar piece from a 5year old composer called Sabrina Yu. Its a really nice piece, called: SalorOfTheSea - Im learning that one very soon Smile Grade2 I think Smile

Yeah, Ill look for Minuet in D minor now Smile
I think I have put myself under a little to much pressure Razz
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Karla Marx Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:59 pm

Why buy an ocarina when you can make one??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3S8O9HAr1g
Karla Marx
Karla Marx
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Female Number of posts : 6
Job/hobbies : Teacher
Length of time playing piano : Few months
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2009-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Marnex Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:28 am

That was pretty good Thomandy! How do you learn by ear??? When I try that I get cofused by everything that's going on and I'm like what the. Anyways for some reason I wanna learn "love theme" from A love story ^_^
Marnex
Marnex
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 210
Job/hobbies : Video games,computer, and piano
Length of time playing piano : Since 2008
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:59 am

Marnex wrote:That was pretty good Thomandy! How do you learn by ear??? When I try that I get cofused by everything that's going on and I'm like what the. Anyways for some reason I wanna learn "love theme" from A love story ^_^

Well... I just sat down with the Pc at the piano, and listening and then finding the right notes/keys Smile
I ran into a couple of tricky parts, but I didnt have any big problems actually.. I dont know, if you find it hard you might want to try to train your ear!! That might be the case! Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:02 am

This is a shot piece I created this morning Smile Ite REALLY simple but still, I really enjoyed making it Smile
I dont think its necessary to create complex pieces all the time Smile Like my Nocturne, is pretty complex in melody and harmony. But this is a nice little melody, and pretty easy and closerelated harmony Smile

Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Marnex Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:38 am

Thomandy wrote:This is a shot piece I created this morning Smile Ite REALLY simple but still, I really enjoyed making it Smile
I dont think its necessary to create complex pieces all the time Smile Like my Nocturne, is pretty complex in melody and harmony. But this is a nice little melody, and pretty easy and closerelated harmony Smile

Pretty nice, but how do you "train" your ear? Razz
Marnex
Marnex
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 210
Job/hobbies : Video games,computer, and piano
Length of time playing piano : Since 2008
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:57 am

Tnx Smile

Well, you got to try to find things by listening to it, then go to the piano and find the note that sounds =
You can play notes and Say the note out loud - Play a C and say C out loud and after some practice you can easly or at least easier pick out that C when you hear it Smile

Look for some eartraining programs on the PC if thats something for you. Then you can listen to notes ect and then pick out what note it is. I know there is a link to such a prog here on the Forum, but I cant remember where Smile Try look through some titles or search more online Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 32 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26 ... 32  Next