Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should I give up making sheet music for my songs until I get more expirienced?

4 posters

Go down

Should I give up making sheet music for my songs until I get more expirienced? Empty Should I give up making sheet music for my songs until I get more expirienced?

Post by kentaku_sama Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:32 am

It's very hard to create sheets for something I play by ear and then try to make a sheet for it. I haven't been playing long enough, I don't know enough about rhythm but should I continue trying or wait until I get a little better at sight reading.
kentaku_sama
kentaku_sama
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 155
Job/hobbies : Manga, Drawing, Music, Japanese Language
Length of time playing piano : 3 or 4 years seriously
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Should I give up making sheet music for my songs until I get more expirienced? Empty Re: Should I give up making sheet music for my songs until I get more expirienced?

Post by pianohama Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:38 pm

kentaku_sama wrote:It's very hard to create sheets for something I play by ear and then try to make a sheet for it. I haven't been playing long enough, I don't know enough about rhythm but should I continue trying or wait until I get a little better at sight reading.

I don't know how to do sheets either, I mostly use piano rolls to put out my music into the computer. You should try it out..
pianohama
pianohama
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Number of posts : 462
Guru Points : 3
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Should I give up making sheet music for my songs until I get more expirienced? Empty Re: Should I give up making sheet music for my songs until I get more expirienced?

Post by Admin Andrew Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:55 pm

Well, maybe you could start with simple songs, say try putting twinkle little star to sheet music. Work your way up slowly from there. ^_^
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1277
Job/hobbies : Piano teacher, pianist
Length of time playing piano : Started in 1992; 17 years of playing.
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-02-22

http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by kentaku_sama Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:37 pm

Good idea, I think I'll try that! then I can get some expirience in arranging songs.

I don't know how to do sheets either, I mostly use piano rolls to put out my music into the computer. You should try it out..

I tried it, I didn't like it, It was harder than notation! I couldn't get the notes to align at all!!
kentaku_sama
kentaku_sama
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by VictorCS Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:57 am

Do your keyboard have an usb connection? If so you could just plug it to your computer and record it as midi.

I tend to use the pianoroll in FL, first I record, then I adjust the notes so the are in correct position, and small stuff like correcting lenght etc. I also use guitar pro, for that I usually play my guitar, and add notes and adjust them to fit. It gets easier after a while.
VictorCS
VictorCS

Male Number of posts : 944
Length of time playing piano : Started playing seriously in 2007, and been doing so since.
Guru Points : 18
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by kentaku_sama Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:11 am

Yes it has a usb port, but I don't know where the usb connection is. For some stupid reason the usb port isn't the same as most usb cables.
kentaku_sama
kentaku_sama
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down