Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My thoughts on practising.

+8
Furelisa
maggiekedves
asumarione
VictorCS
Jesse
joegeran
Jordan
Admin Andrew
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

My thoughts on practising. - Page 2 Empty Re: My thoughts on practising.

Post by Thomandy Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:42 am

Yupp, actually I knew there where other stupid notationcreating people back in the ages all around Europe.
And another thing. Here we dont call them sharps and flats.

# = iss
b = ess

Instead of G sharp - it is : giss
Instead of G flat - it is : gess

The black keys are called:
#
- -Ciss - Diss - - Fiss - Giss - Aiss - -

b
- - Dess - Ess - - Gess - Ass - B - -

I use sharps and flats. So much easyer, and since I didnt know notation and theory when I started, I had to learn, and all the theory was in english so Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Male Number of posts : 2616
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:30 am

My thoughts on practising. hmmmmmm Rolling Eyes . Well, I like to listen to OTHER types of music OTHER than piano music like symphonies, string quartets, trumpet music etc. Oh! And SINGING!!! Listening to SINGERS is good too so I can understand what LOOOOOONG sustained lines are like and what the "singing tone" sounds like!!!! Listening to other types of music helps me understand different sounds and effects that I can apply to my own music!!! Also listening to other people of a higher level perform helps so I get inspired to elevate myself to their level. Here's a cool orchestral piece:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fsYPz4aWnc

Angela
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Female Number of posts : 103
Job/hobbies : piano teacher, playing piano, working out, reading
Length of time playing piano : 18 years
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Aritus Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:40 pm

My thoughts on practicing: have fun. if your not having fun the your not going to want to practice and if you don't want to practice chances are you eventually wont and you'll get lazier and lazier. soooo here's a few things I'll do to have fun:

If my parents are talking I'll play some kinda watever on the keyboard to make them sound either important or patriotic and if they mess up there words or something I play something silly like e, e flat, d, d flat, c (use pitch bar here). It can be pretty funny if you do it right with the right sounds.

Pop in a movie and turn the sound off and make your own music to them.

Play a battle them to one of the Final Fantasy series.

Recreate any movie or game theme and imagine it going on in your head.

Play the most annoying song you can think of with your sister in the room.

Play the chromatic scale with repeating notes as fast as you can with an added rhythm.

Play a guitar solo on keyboard.

Play a death song.

Attempt to play Octavarium by Dream Theater (it really only looks hard because it's fast. Slow it down and you'll know it in no time. The hard part is playing up to tempo accurately.)

Play something ironic to what's going on around you, ie; if your mom is giving a lecture to your sister about being on the phone 24/7 running up the minutes, play a patriotic song. Or if she's cleaning play some kinda battle or sports song. If your sister is yelling at you play something like morning mood (lol, i can be kind of annoying with the keyboard lol)

What ever you do if you have to practice a scale please please please put a rhythm in it. It will get sooo boring if you don't.

Aritus
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Male Number of posts : 12
Job/hobbies : jobless/playing synth/piano and guitar
Length of time playing piano : about 12 years
Registration date : 2008-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Amro Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:39 pm

Aritus wrote:My thoughts on practicing: have fun. if your not having fun the your not going to want to practice and if you don't want to practice chances are you eventually wont and you'll get lazier and lazier. soooo here's a few things I'll do to have fun:

If my parents are talking I'll play some kinda watever on the keyboard to make them sound either important or patriotic and if they mess up there words or something I play something silly like e, e flat, d, d flat, c (use pitch bar here). It can be pretty funny if you do it right with the right sounds.

Pop in a movie and turn the sound off and make your own music to them.

Play a battle them to one of the Final Fantasy series.

Recreate any movie or game theme and imagine it going on in your head.

Play the most annoying song you can think of with your sister in the room.

Play the chromatic scale with repeating notes as fast as you can with an added rhythm.

Play a guitar solo on keyboard.

Play a death song.

Attempt to play Octavarium by Dream Theater (it really only looks hard because it's fast. Slow it down and you'll know it in no time. The hard part is playing up to tempo accurately.)

Play something ironic to what's going on around you, ie; if your mom is giving a lecture to your sister about being on the phone 24/7 running up the minutes, play a patriotic song. Or if she's cleaning play some kinda battle or sports song. If your sister is yelling at you play something like morning mood (lol, i can be kind of annoying with the keyboard lol)

What ever you do if you have to practice a scale please please please put a rhythm in it. It will get sooo boring if you don't.

Hehe Razz

Nice Tips Very Happy
Amro
Amro
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 340
Job/hobbies : Graphics, Internet & Piano
Length of time playing piano : 2 Years of Trying but seriously from 4 Mnths.
Guru Points : 3
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by VictorCS Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:10 am

So I've heard a great way to practice is to do it together with someone, so the first thing i'm gonna do when I get my digital piano is to learn
this ambient guitar that plays in the back of John Petrucci's Wishful Thinking, because my brother is learning the solo part.

This will probably practice rythm and cooperation, not that i'm planning on playing in a band, but would be cool to jam with another person.
VictorCS
VictorCS

Male Number of posts : 944
Length of time playing piano : Started playing seriously in 2007, and been doing so since.
Guru Points : 18
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Aritus Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:14 pm

VictorCS wrote:So I've heard a great way to practice is to do it together with someone, so the first thing i'm gonna do when I get my digital piano is to learn
this ambient guitar that plays in the back of John Petrucci's Wishful Thinking, because my brother is learning the solo part.

This will probably practice rythm and cooperation, not that i'm planning on playing in a band, but would be cool to jam with another person.

If I could make a suggestion (for when you get more skilled...or if you are already skilled enough) 2 very fun songs to play with a group of people are One Winged Angel by Nobou Uematsu and the FF 7 Crisis Core battle theme. These are crazy fun because as the keyboardist you can mix it up (especially the battle theme it's the most fun in my opinion). Battle themes to any game I've played are so flexible that it makes practicing nothing but fun if you have a group of people with you. My friend is a drummer and when the rest of the band isn't there and we are just bored we play the FF 8 battle theme and remix it.

Aritus
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Male Number of posts : 12
Job/hobbies : jobless/playing synth/piano and guitar
Length of time playing piano : about 12 years
Registration date : 2008-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2