Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tutorial - How to play Victors Piano Solo

+4
VictorCS
Christian
pianohama
Thomandy
8 posters

Go down

Tutorial - How to play Victors Piano Solo Empty Tutorial - How to play Victors Piano Solo

Post by Thomandy Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:00 pm

Ill post the parts of this tutorial as soon as they are made Smile
This is a new experience for me, so critics, good or bad are well taken Smile

Part1 -''

Part2 -''

Part3 -''

Last edited by Thomandy on Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:00 am; edited 3 times in total
Thomandy
Thomandy

Male Number of posts : 2616
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Tutorial - How to play Victors Piano Solo Empty Re: Tutorial - How to play Victors Piano Solo

Post by pianohama Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:07 pm

Haha I hear some norwegian accent Wink . J/k good video, but trust me these kind of tutorials are just a waste of time m8. Use your time for more valuable things bro. Good luck
pianohama
pianohama
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Number of posts : 462
Guru Points : 3
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Tutorial - How to play Victors Piano Solo Empty Re: Tutorial - How to play Victors Piano Solo

Post by Christian Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:28 pm

Its not a waste, as it is sharing with others, and that is a good feeling sometimes. Time enjoyed is never time wasted. Smile

Some of the talk might be to complicated though. Not sure I know what an arpeggio is if I dont know notation. Smile

And norwegian accents ftw. Ahaha.

Smile

Christian
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 121
Job/hobbies : The Irish Drinking Song!
Length of time playing piano : A serious pianist since midsummer 2008!
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by VictorCS Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:48 pm

Blame muscle memory, if we'd practice english accent as much as we do
music, alot of us would've been better ^_^

Some enjoy to let someone fish for you, others enjoy to learn emself to fish Cool
VictorCS
VictorCS

Male Number of posts : 944
Length of time playing piano : Started playing seriously in 2007, and been doing so since.
Guru Points : 18
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:06 am

Hey Thomas! ^_^ it was cool to hear you talk! Smile You gotta show us your face next time though! Or are you too shy Wink Anyway Smile you went at a fairly slow pace with the notes, which was good, sometimes it helps to repeat the notes again SLOWLY, also if you can say the note names out loud while you play each key, it will help re-enforce the keys you're playing!

Also I've got a suggestion for better fingering coming down. I noticed at the end of the first RH passage you put your thumb on the F#, In my experience it's always best to avoid putting the thumb on the black keys as it's easy to slip off, AND it's akward to move your thumb up on the black keys since you have to shift your whole hand up there. What I'd suggest is to cross your #2 finger over your thumb, and play the F# with #2, then play the G with either 3 or 1 depending on what you'd like.

Smile Anyway, for improving the tutorial you could also try to relax a little more, smile before you start, try to add humor here or there, and try not to take things too seriously, because this will help keep your aduence less intimidated Smile

Anyway! I'd give you a 3.5/5 rating for tutorials Smile since this was your first one I'd say you did good! Very Happy

Take care man
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1277
Job/hobbies : Piano teacher, pianist
Length of time playing piano : Started in 1992; 17 years of playing.
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-02-22

http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:00 am

Admin Andrew wrote:Hey Thomas! ^_^ it was cool to hear you talk! Smile You gotta show us your face next time though! Or are you too shy Wink Anyway Smile you went at a fairly slow pace with the notes, which was good, sometimes it helps to repeat the notes again SLOWLY, also if you can say the note names out loud while you play each key, it will help re-enforce the keys you're playing!

Also I've got a suggestion for better fingering coming down. I noticed at the end of the first RH passage you put your thumb on the F#, In my experience it's always best to avoid putting the thumb on the black keys as it's easy to slip off, AND it's akward to move your thumb up on the black keys since you have to shift your whole hand up there. What I'd suggest is to cross your #2 finger over your thumb, and play the F# with #2, then play the G with either 3 or 1 depending on what you'd like.

Smile Anyway, for improving the tutorial you could also try to relax a little more, smile before you start, try to add humor here or there, and try not to take things too seriously, because this will help keep your aduence less intimidated Smile

Anyway! I'd give you a 3.5/5 rating for tutorials Smile since this was your first one I'd say you did good! Very Happy

Take care man

Thanks Smile I see Smile Well, I havnt practiced my english in maybe 8-9 years, so thats the reason Im a bit stiff, cause sometimes I mess up some words so probably I wont be as humoristic the next time either Smile

I was thinking of saying notenames all the way through, but I dropped it since I did the first take like that, and my camera is just a photocamera, and when I talk its harder to hear the piano correct, so I had to retake since it got more confusing. Razz I planed on using a mic and sync but my mic dindt want to work suddanly when I hooked it up with the piano, strange cause that worked fin when I tried 2 weeks a go Mad

Ah, I see - I read somewhere here not to use the thumb up there, but I never thought much about it since I never saw it as a problem. Well its to late now to change it but, Ill think about it if I got a unneacecary thumb up there in the next parts Smile But I think I got it one place it has to be though.. Smile

And yeah, I went for the right down to buisness, kind "boring" overwiew tutorial - type Smile hehehe
Many of those on youtube and they seem to be getting lots of great responses that they are easy to follow.
So Ill at least have the same type for the rest of the parts, and if I get some views and I make more tutorials Ill think about changing the tut-type Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:02 am

pianohama wrote:Haha I hear some norwegian accent Wink . J/k good video, but trust me these kind of tutorials are just a waste of time m8. Use your time for more valuable things bro. Good luck

Hehe, yeah. Last time is checked, I was Norwegian Shocked
I could speak with an accent, but I dont know if people would have liked that Razz
I fairly know how to talk british Razz But That would have sounded strange I think, hehe

Well Its not a waste of time for those who want to learn the song and likes to learn like this Smile
Many have bee requesting me for tutorials so I decided to at least try it out Smile

Last edited by Thomandy on Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:06 am

VictorCS wrote:Blame muscle memory, if we'd practice english accent as much as we do
music, alot of us would've been better ^_^

Some enjoy to let someone fish for you, others enjoy to learn emself to fish Cool

Hehe, yeah Smile I havnt talked english since around 2001 I think, when we had it in school and even then I didnt talk to much...
But I know how to talk with a british accent Razz haha, maybe next time Wink

Christian wrote:Its not a waste, as it is sharing with others, and that is a good feeling sometimes. Time enjoyed is never time wasted. Smile

Some of the talk might be to complicated though. Not sure I know what an arpeggio is if I dont know notation. Smile

And norwegian accents ftw. Ahaha.

Smile

Very true Smile Well, I didnt think of not using words like that... thanks for leting me know.
Its actually: notes that come after eachother.

If its written like this:
b c d e d c f - arpeggio

b
d
e - chord
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:34 am

Smile I still think you did an above average job.
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1277
Job/hobbies : Piano teacher, pianist
Length of time playing piano : Started in 1992; 17 years of playing.
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Amro Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:06 pm

Hehe ...
Good Job Thomas .. cheers

I'm against Tutorials not because they are waste of time but because they'll make you lazy & you'll not try to read the piece if you have it already as a tutorial ..

But sometimes, I prefer watching a tutorial if I have a hard sheet & wanna play it quick. " I'm still a beginner. so I need time to manage a piece - Like this one Very Happy "

I think that it's a good Job & new experiment ..

And of course Andrew gave the right Tips Like a Star @ heaven

Keep Going .. " We wanna see your face the next time "

Btw, Don't Stop Creating Performances bounce
Amro
Amro
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 340
Job/hobbies : Graphics, Internet & Piano
Length of time playing piano : 2 Years of Trying but seriously from 4 Mnths.
Guru Points : 3
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:11 pm

Amro wrote:Hehe ...
Good Job Thomas .. cheers

I'm against Tutorials not because they are waste of time but because they'll make you lazy & you'll not try to read the piece if you have it already as a tutorial ..

But sometimes, I prefer watching a tutorial if I have a hard sheet & wanna play it quick. " I'm still a beginner. so I need time to manage a piece - Like this one Very Happy "

I think that it's a good Job & new experiment ..

And of course Andrew gave the right Tips Like a Star @ heaven

Keep Going .. " We wanna see your face the next time "

Btw, Don't Stop Creating Performances bounce

Hi Smile Yeah, I do agree with you Smile But Im doing one cause so many requested me to do one and I thought it would be fun. Its a new thing to do, and yeah, its fun Smile Hopefully Ill get some new viewers aswell on youtube, if they get populare, who knows... Many simular tutorials though, I think... hehe

Ill keep my face of camera at least in this tutorial, since I prefere the slight anonymity it gives me Smile hehe
Maybe Ill jump infront of it one day Smile

I wont stop the performances, but I got a little lack in motivation to learn new pieces, so in the 2, almost 3 weeks I learned and practiced Moonlight Sonata, I didnt learn anything else....... And I only sat at the piano for those 15 hours The moonlight took me for 3 weeks.... Alsmost only doing The moonlight that time. Im a bit stressed I guess since I need a job pretty quick, and there arnt to many near here... Razz
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by VictorCS Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:04 pm

Thomandy wrote:Im a bit stressed I guess since I need a job pretty quick, and there arnt to many near here... Razz

If you'll do as Dr.Phil says: "When you dont have a job, your job is to look for a job".... Look around for 7-8 hours a day, I'm sure you'll find something Cool
VictorCS
VictorCS

Male Number of posts : 944
Length of time playing piano : Started playing seriously in 2007, and been doing so since.
Guru Points : 18
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:02 am

Thomandy wrote:

Christian wrote:Not sure I know what an arpeggio is if I dont know notation. Smile

Smile

Very true Smile Well, I didnt think of not using words like that... thanks for leting me know.
Its actually: notes that come after eachother.

I know what arpeggios are, because I know notation pretty well now. Wink What I meant was that most people who use tutorial videos dont know notations, and therefore dont know what an arpeggio is.

Keep it up though!

Christian
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 121
Job/hobbies : The Irish Drinking Song!
Length of time playing piano : A serious pianist since midsummer 2008!
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:40 am

VictorCS wrote:
If you'll do as Dr.Phil says: "When you dont have a job, your job is to look for a job".... Look around for 7-8 hours a day, I'm sure you'll find something Cool

If not 7 hours, but I look 2-3 hours and I dont want to travel tooo far Razz 50km is enough one way Razz
So I might get a job at the Airport, Ill know by Thuesday Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:41 am

Christian wrote:
I know what arpeggios are, because I know notation pretty well now. Wink What I meant was that most people who use tutorial videos dont know notations, and therefore dont know what an arpeggio is.

Keep it up though!

Aaah Smile I see Smile Yeah, advice is taken Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiekedves Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:50 pm

I finally managed to fix my pc to watch Youtube videos... so I could watch your tutorial...

Smile I liked it a lot. It is neat to hear you talk and at some points the piano gives a little bit of a reflection of yours... so maybe if you set the light right the piano can give some reflections of your face ( giving the illusion that you are visible Smile just an idea to kind of show your face but not too much )
Your accent is cute and barely noticeable.
I hope you are going to find a good job so your soul can be free of worries and can freely engage with music.
maggiekedves
maggiekedves
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Female Number of posts : 603
Job/hobbies : SLCC student - Nursing ////// music is like air
Length of time playing piano : 10 months ( time is running :) )
Guru Points : 2
Registration date : 2008-03-06

https://www.youtube.com/user/maggiekedves

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:39 am

maggiekedves wrote:I finally managed to fix my pc to watch Youtube videos... so I could watch your tutorial...

Smile I liked it a lot. It is neat to hear you talk and at some points the piano gives a little bit of a reflection of yours... so maybe if you set the light right the piano can give some reflections of your face ( giving the illusion that you are visible Smile just an idea to kind of show your face but not too much )
Your accent is cute and barely noticeable.
I hope you are going to find a good job so your soul can be free of worries and can freely engage with music.

Great Smile

Thank you Smile And yeah, I hope I get a job soon to Smile hehe
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:00 am

Update - Last part is here
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:42 am

The good ol' norsk accent. Great video Thomas.
Jordan
Jordan

Male Number of posts : 244
Job/hobbies : Music, piano
Length of time playing piano : I've been playing on and off since I was 8 years old
Registration date : 2008-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:46 am

Jordan wrote:The good ol' norsk accent. Great video Thomas.

Thanks Smile
Yeah, accent is cool Wink hehe
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down