Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whats the best song/music for a beginner to learn

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Whats the best song/music for a beginner to learn Empty Whats the best song/music for a beginner to learn

Post by kel2corkey on Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:05 pm

Whats the best song/music for a beginner to learn.
I can play but i usually play my own music.

By the way i cant read music just yet.
Thanks
kel
kel2corkey
kel2corkey
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Male Number of posts : 19
Age : 53
Location : Yorkshire, UK
Job/hobbies : Fork lift truck driver
Length of time playing piano : I've had a keyboard for 15 years
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-03-05

http://uk.youtube.com/user/kel2corkey

Back to top Go down

Whats the best song/music for a beginner to learn Empty Re: Whats the best song/music for a beginner to learn

Post by KOH on Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:33 pm

Well first, you need to learn to read sheet music, it's really easy "to read", just watch some of Andrew's videos, namely the first few.

The first song, I learned was The song of storms from Zelda, only problem is that the actual sheet is impossible to play without three hands , but you can make a compromise, the sheet music is online.
I think that Video game music is a good place for some to start, the sheet music is also a lot easier to find.

http://www.ninsheetmusic.net/

Galbadia has a ton of sheet music as well.

http://gh.ffshrine.org/sheet-music.php
KOH
KOH
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Male Number of posts : 5
Age : 34
Location : Brighton, Michigan
Job/hobbies : Drawing, Video games, Music
Length of time playing piano : I've been playing for almost a year!
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-03-05

Back to top Go down

Whats the best song/music for a beginner to learn Empty Re: Whats the best song/music for a beginner to learn

Post by Admin Andrew on Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:01 pm

KOH wrote:Well first, you need to learn to read sheet music, it's really easy "to read", just watch some of Andrew's videos, namely the first few.

The first song, I learned was The song of storms from Zelda, only problem is that the actual sheet is impossible to play without three hands , but you can make a compromise, the sheet music is online.
I think that Video game music is a good place for some to start, the sheet music is also a lot easier to find.

http://www.ninsheetmusic.net/

Galbadia has a ton of sheet music as well.

http://gh.ffshrine.org/sheet-music.php

Hey! thanks for helping him out! when i saw your post, I litturally smiled! because it was the first time that this place was starting to feel like a community! Surprised

That's some great advice you've given him! So thank you ^_^ That just got some brownie points from me Very Happy hahaha


Also kel, you could look up learning some simple songs written by Mozart or Bach, they have both written some songs in low grades that you would be capable of playing! Go to your local music store and ask for a classical grade 1 book to start learning out of, they will probably have those pieces included! ^_^ take care!

_________________
"Those who bring sunshine to the lives of other's cannot keep it from themselves."

Whats the best song/music for a beginner to learn Piano_10
Take care,

Andrew Furmanczyk :: http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca :: http://ca.youtube.com/user/lypur
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1277
Age : 33
Location : Prince George, British Columbia, Canada
Job/hobbies : Piano teacher, pianist
Length of time playing piano : Started in 1992; 17 years of playing.
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-02-22

http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

Whats the best song/music for a beginner to learn Empty Re: Whats the best song/music for a beginner to learn

Post by Dalirus on Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:32 pm

This site has some nice pieces that are categorized based on levels:

http://www.gmajormusictheory.org/Freebies/freebies.html

Dalirus
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Number of posts : 25
Guru Points : 1
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Whats the best song/music for a beginner to learn Empty Re: Whats the best song/music for a beginner to learn

Post by Jordan on Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:38 pm

Also, try out www.8notes.com. It's a really good site with sheet music for beginner's, and they have Pop songs, Rock, Hip-Hop, etc. They also have a piano chord and scale finder that shows you chords and scales for piano. It's definitely a good site to learn from if you're just starting off.

I'd also give you the advice to first learn how to read music like KOH said earlier.

I hope that helps!
Jordan
Jordan
Moderator
Moderator

Male Number of posts : 244
Age : 29
Location : Toronto, Canada
Job/hobbies : Music, piano
Length of time playing piano : I've been playing on and off since I was 8 years old
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-02-23

http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

Whats the best song/music for a beginner to learn Empty Re: Whats the best song/music for a beginner to learn

Post by maggiekedves on Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:22 am

kel2corkey wrote:
By the way i cant read music just yet.
Thanks
kel

It is ok that you cant read yet, it will come with practice, if you do know it then it will be easier to analyze the pieces starting with easy ones.
Check out the General piano topic. I posted some links for easy sheetmusic, have fun
Maggie
maggiekedves
maggiekedves
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Female Number of posts : 603
Age : 120
Location : Salt Lake City
Job/hobbies : SLCC student - Nursing ////// music is like air
Length of time playing piano : 10 months ( time is running :) )
Guru Points : 2
Registration date : 2008-03-06

https://www.youtube.com/user/maggiekedves

Back to top Go down

Whats the best song/music for a beginner to learn Empty Re: Whats the best song/music for a beginner to learn

Post by danynovotny on Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:11 pm

First song I learned was "9 crimes" by Damien Rice, because I had a new piano and I wanted to play something I love. So I just found a little tutorial on Youtube, because that time I also can't read sheets... It was really helpful, because it is something like loop played over and over again, so it was very good practise for my fingers and memory. Of couse, first Andrew's basic lessons was necessary even before, for exaple how to place your hands over the keys and how don't Smile.

Dany.

danynovotny
Newbie
Newbie

Male Number of posts : 2
Age : 35
Location : Slovakia, Central Europe, far far away from you :)
Job/hobbies : music/painting/photography/write/movies/graphic design
Length of time playing piano : Since August 2007
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://www.danynovotny.com/

Back to top Go down

Whats the best song/music for a beginner to learn Empty Re: Whats the best song/music for a beginner to learn

Post by danynovotny on Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:15 pm

Jordan wrote:Also, try out www.8notes.com. It's a really good site with sheet music for beginner's, and they have Pop songs, Rock, Hip-Hop, etc. They also have a piano chord and scale finder that shows you chords and scales for piano. It's definitely a good site to learn from if you're just starting off.

I'd also give you the advice to first learn how to read music like KOH said earlier.

I hope that helps!

Thank you Jordan, it's really great site. Dany.

danynovotny
Newbie
Newbie

Male Number of posts : 2
Age : 35
Location : Slovakia, Central Europe, far far away from you :)
Job/hobbies : music/painting/photography/write/movies/graphic design
Length of time playing piano : Since August 2007
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://www.danynovotny.com/

Back to top Go down

Whats the best song/music for a beginner to learn Empty Re: Whats the best song/music for a beginner to learn

Post by kel2corkey on Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:21 pm

Hey, thanks for all the advice and websites for sheet music.
I'm looking forward to learning more,although time is a issue with me.
Again thanks for all your help.
Kel
PS... i've just downloaded some sheet music.

Beethoven:symphony number five
Au Clair de la lune/Niveau Deux
Amazing Grace

And to impress the children,
Old MacDonald had a farm
and,Twinkle twinkle little star

If i have any success i'll let you guys know. Very Happy
kel2corkey
kel2corkey
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Male Number of posts : 19
Age : 53
Location : Yorkshire, UK
Job/hobbies : Fork lift truck driver
Length of time playing piano : I've had a keyboard for 15 years
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-03-05

http://uk.youtube.com/user/kel2corkey

Back to top Go down

Whats the best song/music for a beginner to learn Empty Re: Whats the best song/music for a beginner to learn

Post by Admin Andrew on Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:55 am

kel2corkey wrote:Hey, thanks for all the advice and websites for sheet music.
I'm looking forward to learning more,although time is a issue with me.
Again thanks for all your help.
Kel
PS... i've just downloaded some sheet music.

Beethoven:symphony number five
Au Clair de la lune/Niveau Deux
Amazing Grace

And to impress the children,
Old MacDonald had a farm
and,Twinkle twinkle little star

If i have any success i'll let you guys know. Very Happy

Hahah, old mcdonald hey?

Should film yourself playing that while your kids sing along! could be a million view video if it's done right Very Happy

_________________
"Those who bring sunshine to the lives of other's cannot keep it from themselves."

Whats the best song/music for a beginner to learn Piano_10
Take care,

Andrew Furmanczyk :: http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca :: http://ca.youtube.com/user/lypur
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1277
Age : 33
Location : Prince George, British Columbia, Canada
Job/hobbies : Piano teacher, pianist
Length of time playing piano : Started in 1992; 17 years of playing.
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-02-22

http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

Whats the best song/music for a beginner to learn Empty Re: Whats the best song/music for a beginner to learn

Post by kel2corkey on Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:34 am

Admin Andrew wrote:
kel2corkey wrote:Hey, thanks for all the advice and websites for sheet music.
I'm looking forward to learning more,although time is a issue with me.
Again thanks for all your help.
Kel
PS... i've just downloaded some sheet music.

Beethoven:symphony number five
Au Clair de la lune/Niveau Deux
Amazing Grace

And to impress the children,
Old MacDonald had a farm
and,Twinkle twinkle little star

If i have any success i'll let you guys know. Very Happy

Hahah, old mcdonald hey?

Should film yourself playing that while your kids sing along! could be a million view video if it's done right Very Happy

Thats something to think about,get singing kids lol.
kel2corkey
kel2corkey
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Male Number of posts : 19
Age : 53
Location : Yorkshire, UK
Job/hobbies : Fork lift truck driver
Length of time playing piano : I've had a keyboard for 15 years
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-03-05

http://uk.youtube.com/user/kel2corkey

Back to top Go down

Whats the best song/music for a beginner to learn Empty Re: Whats the best song/music for a beginner to learn

Post by Admin Andrew on Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:51 pm

kel2corkey wrote:
Admin Andrew wrote:
kel2corkey wrote:Hey, thanks for all the advice and websites for sheet music.
I'm looking forward to learning more,although time is a issue with me.
Again thanks for all your help.
Kel
PS... i've just downloaded some sheet music.

Beethoven:symphony number five
Au Clair de la lune/Niveau Deux
Amazing Grace

And to impress the children,
Old MacDonald had a farm
and,Twinkle twinkle little star

If i have any success i'll let you guys know. Very Happy

Hahah, old mcdonald hey?

Should film yourself playing that while your kids sing along! could be a million view video if it's done right Very Happy

Thats something to think about,get singing kids lol.

Exactly Wink put'em to work for daddy Cool

_________________
"Those who bring sunshine to the lives of other's cannot keep it from themselves."

Whats the best song/music for a beginner to learn Piano_10
Take care,

Andrew Furmanczyk :: http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca :: http://ca.youtube.com/user/lypur
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1277
Age : 33
Location : Prince George, British Columbia, Canada
Job/hobbies : Piano teacher, pianist
Length of time playing piano : Started in 1992; 17 years of playing.
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-02-22

http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

Whats the best song/music for a beginner to learn Empty Re: Whats the best song/music for a beginner to learn

Post by maggiekedves on Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:14 am

I found a site where they had a kind of list for beginners...
http://www.take-a-piano-sheet-music-break.com/free-piano-collection-for-beginners.html

Here they are

Grade 1

French Child's Song - by Franz Behr
In May - by Franz Behr
Ah! Vous Dirais-je-maman - Anonymous
Au Clair de la Lune - Anonymous
Theme from Andante ("Surprise" Symphony) - by Franz Joseph Haydn
Melody - by Robert Schumann
The Harebell - by William Smallwood
The Fair - by C. Gurlitt
Long Long Ago - by T. Bayly
Silent Night, Holy Night - by Franz Gruber


Grade 2

Dark Eyes - Anonymous
Turkish March (from the "Ruins of Athens") - by Ludvig van Beethoven
Minuet (Don Giovanni) - by Wolfgang A. Mozart
Home Sweet Home - by Henry Bishop
Last Rose of Summer - by F. Flotow
Gavotte in D - by Johann S. Bach
Cradle Song - by Carl M. von Weber
Auld Lang Syne - Anonymous
Cradle Song - by Johannes Brahms
Oberon - by Carl M. von Weber
Turkey in the Straw - Anonymous
Joyous Farmer (Happy Farmer) - by Robert Schumann
Avalanche - by S. Heller
Italian Song - Op.39, n.15 - by Pjotr I. Tschaikowsky
Musette - by Johann S. Bach
Melody in F - by Anton Rubinstein
In the Gloaming - by J. Molloy
Sonatina - Op.36, n.1 - First Movement - by Muzio Clementi
Love's Old Sweet Song - by J. Molloy
Little Fairy Waltz - Op.105, n.1 - by L. Streabbog
Theme from "The Unfinished Symphony" - by Franz Schubert
German Song - by Pjotr I. Tschaikowsky
Peasant Dance - Op.208, n.5 - by Friedrich Baumfelder
Soldiers' March - by Robert Schumann
Arabasque - by Johann F. Burgmuller
Waltz from "Faust" - by Charles F. Gounoud
Funeral March - by Frédéric Chopin
Tulip - Op.111, n.4 - by Heinrich Lichner
Trumpeter's Serenade - by F. Spindler
The Voice of the Heart - by Henri van Gael
At Home - by Heinrich Lichner
Gertrude's Dream Waltz - by Ludvig van Beethoven
Waltz in E Flat - by Pjotr I. Tschaikowsky
In Rank and File - by G. Lange
Londonderry Air - Anonymous
Viennese Melody - Anonymous


Grade 3

The Star Spangler Banner - by J. S. Smith
America - by Henry Carey
Spring Song - by Felix Mendelssohn
Consolation - Op.30, n.3 - by Felix Mendelssohn
Doll's Dream - by T. Oesten
The Swan - by C. Saint-Saens
Berceuse (Jocelyn) - by B. Godard
Für Elise (Albumblatt) - by Ludvig van Beethoven
Curious Story - by Stephen Heller
Volga Boat Song - Anonymous
Angel's Serenade - by Gaetano Braga
Largo - by George F. Haendel
Gavotte in G - by Johann S. Bach
The Fountain - Op.221 - by C. Bohm
Knight Rupert - by Robert Schumann
Barcarolle (Tales of Hoffman) - by Jacques Offenbach
Spinning Song - by Albert Ellmenreich
Moment Musical - by Franz Schubert
Gavotte - by Johann S. Bach
Prelude - Op.28, n.7 - by Frédéric Chopin
Prelude - Op.28, n.20 - by Frédéric Chopin
Album Leaf - by Edvard Grieg
On the Meadow - Op.95, n.2 - by Heinrich Lichner
Minuet in G - by Ludvig van Beethoven
La Paloma - by C. Yradier
Grandmother's Minuet - Op.68, n.2 - by Edvard Grieg
Traumerei - by Robert Schumann
Romanze - Op.68, n.19 - by Robert Schumann
Hungarian Dance - by R. Kleinmichel
Valse Lente (from the ballet "Coppelia") - by Leo Delibes
Andante - by Ludvig van Beethoven
Waltz of the Flowers (from "Nutcracker" Suite) - by Pjotr I. Tschaikowsky
Swanee River (Three American Folk Songs) - by Stephen Foster
Kentucky Home (Three American Folk Songs) - by Stephen Foster
Old Black Joe (Three American Folk Songs) - by Stephen Foster
Gipsy Dance - by Heinrich Lichner
Waltz in A Flat - Op.39, n.15 - by Johannes Brahms
Venetian Boat Song n.2 - Op.30, n.6 - by Felix Mendelssohn
Mazurka in B Flat - by Frédéric Chopin
Valse Bleue - by Alfred Margis
Serenade - by Franz Schubert
Merry Widow Waltz - by F. Lehar
Camp of the Gypsies - Op.424, n.3 - by Franz Behr


Grade 4

Scarf-Dance - by Cecile Chaminade
Song of India - by Nicolai Rimsky-Korsakov
Prelude n.1 (from Well-Tempered Klavier) - by Johann S. Bach
Le Coucou (Rondo) - by Claude Daquin
Elegie - Melodie - Op.10 - by Jules Massenet
Aragonaise (Le Cid) - by Jules Massenet
Humoreske - Op.101, n.7 - by Anton Dvorak
Chaconne - by Auguste Durand
Waltzing Doll (Poupee Valsante) - by E. Poldini
Tarantella - by A. Pieczonka
Ecossaises - by Ludvig van Beethoven
On The Beutiful Blue Danube - by Johann Strauss Jr.
maggiekedves
maggiekedves
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Female Number of posts : 603
Age : 120
Location : Salt Lake City
Job/hobbies : SLCC student - Nursing ////// music is like air
Length of time playing piano : 10 months ( time is running :) )
Guru Points : 2
Registration date : 2008-03-06

https://www.youtube.com/user/maggiekedves

Back to top Go down

Whats the best song/music for a beginner to learn Empty Re: Whats the best song/music for a beginner to learn

Post by Jordan on Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:34 am

maggiekedves wrote:I found a site where they had a kind of list for beginners...
http://www.take-a-piano-sheet-music-break.com/free-piano-collection-for-beginners.html

Here they are

Grade 1

French Child's Song - by Franz Behr
In May - by Franz Behr
Ah! Vous Dirais-je-maman - Anonymous
Au Clair de la Lune - Anonymous
Theme from Andante ("Surprise" Symphony) - by Franz Joseph Haydn
Melody - by Robert Schumann
The Harebell - by William Smallwood
The Fair - by C. Gurlitt
Long Long Ago - by T. Bayly
Silent Night, Holy Night - by Franz Gruber


Grade 2

Dark Eyes - Anonymous
Turkish March (from the "Ruins of Athens") - by Ludvig van Beethoven
Minuet (Don Giovanni) - by Wolfgang A. Mozart
Home Sweet Home - by Henry Bishop
Last Rose of Summer - by F. Flotow
Gavotte in D - by Johann S. Bach
Cradle Song - by Carl M. von Weber
Auld Lang Syne - Anonymous
Cradle Song - by Johannes Brahms
Oberon - by Carl M. von Weber
Turkey in the Straw - Anonymous
Joyous Farmer (Happy Farmer) - by Robert Schumann
Avalanche - by S. Heller
Italian Song - Op.39, n.15 - by Pjotr I. Tschaikowsky
Musette - by Johann S. Bach
Melody in F - by Anton Rubinstein
In the Gloaming - by J. Molloy
Sonatina - Op.36, n.1 - First Movement - by Muzio Clementi
Love's Old Sweet Song - by J. Molloy
Little Fairy Waltz - Op.105, n.1 - by L. Streabbog
Theme from "The Unfinished Symphony" - by Franz Schubert
German Song - by Pjotr I. Tschaikowsky
Peasant Dance - Op.208, n.5 - by Friedrich Baumfelder
Soldiers' March - by Robert Schumann
Arabasque - by Johann F. Burgmuller
Waltz from "Faust" - by Charles F. Gounoud
Funeral March - by Frédéric Chopin
Tulip - Op.111, n.4 - by Heinrich Lichner
Trumpeter's Serenade - by F. Spindler
The Voice of the Heart - by Henri van Gael
At Home - by Heinrich Lichner
Gertrude's Dream Waltz - by Ludvig van Beethoven
Waltz in E Flat - by Pjotr I. Tschaikowsky
In Rank and File - by G. Lange
Londonderry Air - Anonymous
Viennese Melody - Anonymous


Grade 3

The Star Spangler Banner - by J. S. Smith
America - by Henry Carey
Spring Song - by Felix Mendelssohn
Consolation - Op.30, n.3 - by Felix Mendelssohn
Doll's Dream - by T. Oesten
The Swan - by C. Saint-Saens
Berceuse (Jocelyn) - by B. Godard
Für Elise (Albumblatt) - by Ludvig van Beethoven
Curious Story - by Stephen Heller
Volga Boat Song - Anonymous
Angel's Serenade - by Gaetano Braga
Largo - by George F. Haendel
Gavotte in G - by Johann S. Bach
The Fountain - Op.221 - by C. Bohm
Knight Rupert - by Robert Schumann
Barcarolle (Tales of Hoffman) - by Jacques Offenbach
Spinning Song - by Albert Ellmenreich
Moment Musical - by Franz Schubert
Gavotte - by Johann S. Bach
Prelude - Op.28, n.7 - by Frédéric Chopin
Prelude - Op.28, n.20 - by Frédéric Chopin
Album Leaf - by Edvard Grieg
On the Meadow - Op.95, n.2 - by Heinrich Lichner
Minuet in G - by Ludvig van Beethoven
La Paloma - by C. Yradier
Grandmother's Minuet - Op.68, n.2 - by Edvard Grieg
Traumerei - by Robert Schumann
Romanze - Op.68, n.19 - by Robert Schumann
Hungarian Dance - by R. Kleinmichel
Valse Lente (from the ballet "Coppelia") - by Leo Delibes
Andante - by Ludvig van Beethoven
Waltz of the Flowers (from "Nutcracker" Suite) - by Pjotr I. Tschaikowsky
Swanee River (Three American Folk Songs) - by Stephen Foster
Kentucky Home (Three American Folk Songs) - by Stephen Foster
Old Black Joe (Three American Folk Songs) - by Stephen Foster
Gipsy Dance - by Heinrich Lichner
Waltz in A Flat - Op.39, n.15 - by Johannes Brahms
Venetian Boat Song n.2 - Op.30, n.6 - by Felix Mendelssohn
Mazurka in B Flat - by Frédéric Chopin
Valse Bleue - by Alfred Margis
Serenade - by Franz Schubert
Merry Widow Waltz - by F. Lehar
Camp of the Gypsies - Op.424, n.3 - by Franz Behr


Grade 4

Scarf-Dance - by Cecile Chaminade
Song of India - by Nicolai Rimsky-Korsakov
Prelude n.1 (from Well-Tempered Klavier) - by Johann S. Bach
Le Coucou (Rondo) - by Claude Daquin
Elegie - Melodie - Op.10 - by Jules Massenet
Aragonaise (Le Cid) - by Jules Massenet
Humoreske - Op.101, n.7 - by Anton Dvorak
Chaconne - by Auguste Durand
Waltzing Doll (Poupee Valsante) - by E. Poldini
Tarantella - by A. Pieczonka
Ecossaises - by Ludvig van Beethoven
On The Beutiful Blue Danube - by Johann Strauss Jr.

Maggie, AMAZING! That's all I could say. Now, do me a little a favor and re-post this to the General Piano Discussion section so I can sticky it. Keep up the great work! Smile
Jordan
Jordan
Moderator
Moderator

Male Number of posts : 244
Age : 29
Location : Toronto, Canada
Job/hobbies : Music, piano
Length of time playing piano : I've been playing on and off since I was 8 years old
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-02-23

http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

Whats the best song/music for a beginner to learn Empty Re: Whats the best song/music for a beginner to learn

Post by kel2corkey on Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:51 pm

maggiekedves wrote:I found a site where they had a kind of list for beginners...
http://www.take-a-piano-sheet-music-break.com/free-piano-collection-for-beginners.html

Here they are

Grade 1

French Child's Song - by Franz Behr
In May - by Franz Behr
Ah! Vous Dirais-je-maman - Anonymous
Au Clair de la Lune - Anonymous
Theme from Andante ("Surprise" Symphony) - by Franz Joseph Haydn
Melody - by Robert Schumann
The Harebell - by William Smallwood
The Fair - by C. Gurlitt
Long Long Ago - by T. Bayly
Silent Night, Holy Night - by Franz Gruber


Grade 2

Dark Eyes - Anonymous
Turkish March (from the "Ruins of Athens") - by Ludvig van Beethoven
Minuet (Don Giovanni) - by Wolfgang A. Mozart
Home Sweet Home - by Henry Bishop
Last Rose of Summer - by F. Flotow
Gavotte in D - by Johann S. Bach
Cradle Song - by Carl M. von Weber
Auld Lang Syne - Anonymous
Cradle Song - by Johannes Brahms
Oberon - by Carl M. von Weber
Turkey in the Straw - Anonymous
Joyous Farmer (Happy Farmer) - by Robert Schumann
Avalanche - by S. Heller
Italian Song - Op.39, n.15 - by Pjotr I. Tschaikowsky
Musette - by Johann S. Bach
Melody in F - by Anton Rubinstein
In the Gloaming - by J. Molloy
Sonatina - Op.36, n.1 - First Movement - by Muzio Clementi
Love's Old Sweet Song - by J. Molloy
Little Fairy Waltz - Op.105, n.1 - by L. Streabbog
Theme from "The Unfinished Symphony" - by Franz Schubert
German Song - by Pjotr I. Tschaikowsky
Peasant Dance - Op.208, n.5 - by Friedrich Baumfelder
Soldiers' March - by Robert Schumann
Arabasque - by Johann F. Burgmuller
Waltz from "Faust" - by Charles F. Gounoud
Funeral March - by Frédéric Chopin
Tulip - Op.111, n.4 - by Heinrich Lichner
Trumpeter's Serenade - by F. Spindler
The Voice of the Heart - by Henri van Gael
At Home - by Heinrich Lichner
Gertrude's Dream Waltz - by Ludvig van Beethoven
Waltz in E Flat - by Pjotr I. Tschaikowsky
In Rank and File - by G. Lange
Londonderry Air - Anonymous
Viennese Melody - Anonymous


Grade 3

The Star Spangler Banner - by J. S. Smith
America - by Henry Carey
Spring Song - by Felix Mendelssohn
Consolation - Op.30, n.3 - by Felix Mendelssohn
Doll's Dream - by T. Oesten
The Swan - by C. Saint-Saens
Berceuse (Jocelyn) - by B. Godard
Für Elise (Albumblatt) - by Ludvig van Beethoven
Curious Story - by Stephen Heller
Volga Boat Song - Anonymous
Angel's Serenade - by Gaetano Braga
Largo - by George F. Haendel
Gavotte in G - by Johann S. Bach
The Fountain - Op.221 - by C. Bohm
Knight Rupert - by Robert Schumann
Barcarolle (Tales of Hoffman) - by Jacques Offenbach
Spinning Song - by Albert Ellmenreich
Moment Musical - by Franz Schubert
Gavotte - by Johann S. Bach
Prelude - Op.28, n.7 - by Frédéric Chopin
Prelude - Op.28, n.20 - by Frédéric Chopin
Album Leaf - by Edvard Grieg
On the Meadow - Op.95, n.2 - by Heinrich Lichner
Minuet in G - by Ludvig van Beethoven
La Paloma - by C. Yradier
Grandmother's Minuet - Op.68, n.2 - by Edvard Grieg
Traumerei - by Robert Schumann
Romanze - Op.68, n.19 - by Robert Schumann
Hungarian Dance - by R. Kleinmichel
Valse Lente (from the ballet "Coppelia") - by Leo Delibes
Andante - by Ludvig van Beethoven
Waltz of the Flowers (from "Nutcracker" Suite) - by Pjotr I. Tschaikowsky
Swanee River (Three American Folk Songs) - by Stephen Foster
Kentucky Home (Three American Folk Songs) - by Stephen Foster
Old Black Joe (Three American Folk Songs) - by Stephen Foster
Gipsy Dance - by Heinrich Lichner
Waltz in A Flat - Op.39, n.15 - by Johannes Brahms
Venetian Boat Song n.2 - Op.30, n.6 - by Felix Mendelssohn
Mazurka in B Flat - by Frédéric Chopin
Valse Bleue - by Alfred Margis
Serenade - by Franz Schubert
Merry Widow Waltz - by F. Lehar
Camp of the Gypsies - Op.424, n.3 - by Franz Behr


Grade 4

Scarf-Dance - by Cecile Chaminade
Song of India - by Nicolai Rimsky-Korsakov
Prelude n.1 (from Well-Tempered Klavier) - by Johann S. Bach
Le Coucou (Rondo) - by Claude Daquin
Elegie - Melodie - Op.10 - by Jules Massenet
Aragonaise (Le Cid) - by Jules Massenet
Humoreske - Op.101, n.7 - by Anton Dvorak
Chaconne - by Auguste Durand
Waltzing Doll (Poupee Valsante) - by E. Poldini
Tarantella - by A. Pieczonka
Ecossaises - by Ludvig van Beethoven
On The Beutiful Blue Danube - by Johann Strauss Jr.


Thank you so much for taking the time to type all these i will take a look at the site
thanks again,
Kel
kel2corkey
kel2corkey
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Male Number of posts : 19
Age : 53
Location : Yorkshire, UK
Job/hobbies : Fork lift truck driver
Length of time playing piano : I've had a keyboard for 15 years
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-03-05

http://uk.youtube.com/user/kel2corkey

Back to top Go down

Whats the best song/music for a beginner to learn Empty Re: Whats the best song/music for a beginner to learn

Post by maggiekedves on Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:53 am

kel2corkey wrote:

Thank you so much for taking the time to type all these i will take a look at the site
thanks again,
Kel

Oh that is sweet Smile Let me tell you a secret ... copy + paste Smile
I am not that ambitious it is quite a list
Whenever I can, I use this great tool. sunny
Of course finding and trying these sites does take a lot of time but I enjoy doing it.
maggiekedves
maggiekedves
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Female Number of posts : 603
Age : 120
Location : Salt Lake City
Job/hobbies : SLCC student - Nursing ////// music is like air
Length of time playing piano : 10 months ( time is running :) )
Guru Points : 2
Registration date : 2008-03-06

https://www.youtube.com/user/maggiekedves

Back to top Go down

Whats the best song/music for a beginner to learn Empty Re: Whats the best song/music for a beginner to learn

Post by Admin Andrew on Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:00 am

Wow!!! Maggie!!! great work! I should put YOU on the payroll! Very helpful list!

Andrew <3 Maggie

_________________
"Those who bring sunshine to the lives of other's cannot keep it from themselves."

Whats the best song/music for a beginner to learn Piano_10
Take care,

Andrew Furmanczyk :: http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca :: http://ca.youtube.com/user/lypur
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1277
Age : 33
Location : Prince George, British Columbia, Canada
Job/hobbies : Piano teacher, pianist
Length of time playing piano : Started in 1992; 17 years of playing.
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-02-22

http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

Whats the best song/music for a beginner to learn Empty Re: Whats the best song/music for a beginner to learn

Post by maggiekedves on Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:46 am

Admin Andrew wrote:Wow!!! Maggie!!! great work! I should put YOU on the payroll! Very helpful list!

Andrew <3 Maggie

Hmmmm scratch payroll... geek ka tching I did not know there is a payroll lol!

So it is worth to work hard, huh? cyclops

There is only one thing I cant resist ... thats the temptation lol!
maggiekedves
maggiekedves
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Female Number of posts : 603
Age : 120
Location : Salt Lake City
Job/hobbies : SLCC student - Nursing ////// music is like air
Length of time playing piano : 10 months ( time is running :) )
Guru Points : 2
Registration date : 2008-03-06

https://www.youtube.com/user/maggiekedves

Back to top Go down

Whats the best song/music for a beginner to learn Empty Re: Whats the best song/music for a beginner to learn

Post by Thomandy on Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:16 pm

The first song i learned was a simpel composition of canon... It is actually very beatufull, even thoug it cant match the harder ones. But for beginners, my "bad" advace is to aim a little bit higher than you think. Not TO high, but I have these past three months expirienced that aming high, for me that is, is the right way to go.

Example: When I started i couldnt understand what to do in Balade for adeline, but for about a month ago I sat down with my intermediat book with shets that I bougt my first week, and tryed The Balade again. Now I could play the song trough the whole song (of course very slowly, but you could defenintly hear the melody and so on..)

So Canon, Victors Piano Solo and Farwell King Hyrule has helped me ALOT!
I have chosen sheetmusic that are Unsimular in structure, and that is also a "good" advice i think. Play different structures, and suddanly you can play more complicated things faster - i think. Its been that for me. Smile
But I play on a keayboard, so I guess its a bit scare to start on a piano (wich I have NEVER played before in my life Razz)
and discover that Im not as progressed as i hope Razz But thats okay Smile I dont got little time.
Hurry slowly is my motto ragards to pianoplaying. Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy
Moderator
Moderator

Male Number of posts : 2616
Age : 35
Location : Norway
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Whats the best song/music for a beginner to learn Empty Re: Whats the best song/music for a beginner to learn

Post by VictorCS on Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:05 pm

You should always aim a little bit higher, people do it in sports, so I see no
reason why you can push yourself to the limit on a piano to.
VictorCS
VictorCS
Moderator
Moderator

Male Number of posts : 944
Location : Norway
Length of time playing piano : Started playing seriously in 2007, and been doing so since.
Guru Points : 18
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Whats the best song/music for a beginner to learn Empty Re: Whats the best song/music for a beginner to learn

Post by Admin Andrew on Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:36 am

aim high is a good motto, in general that WILL help you improve faster.

The only thing you should be careful of is over working your muscles and straining them. You can get tendonitious that way and you DON"T want that trust me!


thomandy, don't worry about not having played a piano yet!! It's not TOO different than a keyboard, if you're used to playing on a higher quality keyboard you won't find much of a difference when you get to try a real piano:)

If you DO want to try out a real piano, maybe even a grand, just go to a piano store near you and pretend you're interested in buying a piano. Try a few out! I used to go to the piano shop here and play all the grands throughout the store before i bought my own. Smile it's fun trust me!

_________________
"Those who bring sunshine to the lives of other's cannot keep it from themselves."

Whats the best song/music for a beginner to learn Piano_10
Take care,

Andrew Furmanczyk :: http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca :: http://ca.youtube.com/user/lypur
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1277
Age : 33
Location : Prince George, British Columbia, Canada
Job/hobbies : Piano teacher, pianist
Length of time playing piano : Started in 1992; 17 years of playing.
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-02-22

http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

Whats the best song/music for a beginner to learn Empty Re: Whats the best song/music for a beginner to learn

Post by Thomandy on Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:13 am

I practice alot, so I see your warning about overworking. And again your Youtubelesson was really helpull. Coulse i didnt know if I was doing the right things. Actually a got lucky on adjusting my keyboard in the right positon, but I really never thought about my fingers. Now i pay attention on them as well. Smile

Great Idea Smile I will defenently try that one out when Im in a bigger city. My local store got 1 digital piano :p hehehe
And today I am hopfully buying the Yamaha CLP 240 Smile If they got them in stock. Its accourding to the shop, the nr 1 selling digital piano here in Norway at the moment. Razz
Thomandy
Thomandy
Moderator
Moderator

Male Number of posts : 2616
Age : 35
Location : Norway
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Whats the best song/music for a beginner to learn Empty Re: Whats the best song/music for a beginner to learn

Post by Admin Andrew on Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:29 am

thomandy wrote:I practice alot, so I see your warning about overworking. And again your Youtubelesson was really helpull. Coulse i didnt know if I was doing the right things. Actually a got lucky on adjusting my keyboard in the right positon, but I really never thought about my fingers. Now i pay attention on them as well. Smile

Great Idea Smile I will defenently try that one out when Im in a bigger city. My local store got 1 digital piano :p hehehe
And today I am hopfully buying the Yamaha CLP 240 Smile If they got them in stock. Its accourding to the shop, the nr 1 selling digital piano here in Norway at the moment. Razz

Good luck ! I hope they've got it in stock Very Happy but you should seriously try out a grand piano if they've got one there!! ^_^ it'd be a good experience for you!

_________________
"Those who bring sunshine to the lives of other's cannot keep it from themselves."

Whats the best song/music for a beginner to learn Piano_10
Take care,

Andrew Furmanczyk :: http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca :: http://ca.youtube.com/user/lypur
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1277
Age : 33
Location : Prince George, British Columbia, Canada
Job/hobbies : Piano teacher, pianist
Length of time playing piano : Started in 1992; 17 years of playing.
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-02-22

http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

Whats the best song/music for a beginner to learn Empty Re: Whats the best song/music for a beginner to learn

Post by Thomandy on Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:59 am

Thanks. And I look forward to the day I can try a Grand Smile
I'll look you up for a onetimelesson if i go to Canada Smile hehe

Now I am the proud owner of a Yamaha CLP 240 Smile
Whats the best song/music for a beginner to learn CLP-240RW
Thomandy
Thomandy
Moderator
Moderator

Male Number of posts : 2616
Age : 35
Location : Norway
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Whats the best song/music for a beginner to learn Empty Re: Whats the best song/music for a beginner to learn

Post by maggiekedves on Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:12 pm

thomandy wrote:Thanks. And I look forward to the day I can try a Grand Smile
I'll look you up for a onetimelesson if i go to Canada Smile hehe

Now I am the proud owner of a Yamaha CLP 240 Smile
Whats the best song/music for a beginner to learn CLP-240RW

Good for you Smile That looks like a pretty nice one
Have fun playing it
maggiekedves
maggiekedves
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Female Number of posts : 603
Age : 120
Location : Salt Lake City
Job/hobbies : SLCC student - Nursing ////// music is like air
Length of time playing piano : 10 months ( time is running :) )
Guru Points : 2
Registration date : 2008-03-06

https://www.youtube.com/user/maggiekedves

Back to top Go down

Whats the best song/music for a beginner to learn Empty Re: Whats the best song/music for a beginner to learn

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum