Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canon - Pacabel

Go down

Canon - Pacabel Empty Canon - Pacabel

Post by KimnKs on Wed May 21, 2008 9:36 pm

There is just something about Canon by Pacabel that is beyond beautiful to me and I will work really hard to get to that point where I can play it well. Anyone seen Andrew play that one? I know it's a bit more complex but motivation is important too right? bounce

KimnKs
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Number of posts : 9
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Canon - Pacabel Empty Re: Canon - Pacabel

Post by maggiekedves on Wed May 21, 2008 9:40 pm

KimnKs wrote:There is just something about Canon by Pacabel that is beyond beautiful to me and I will work really hard to get to that point where I can play it well. Anyone seen Andrew play that one? I know it's a bit more complex but motivation is important too right? bounce

nope Andrew did not play it... but Thomandy did... you can check it on the performances site cheers
maggiekedves
maggiekedves
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Female Number of posts : 603
Age : 120
Location : Salt Lake City
Job/hobbies : SLCC student - Nursing ////// music is like air
Length of time playing piano : 10 months ( time is running :) )
Guru Points : 2
Registration date : 2008-03-06

https://www.youtube.com/user/maggiekedves

Back to top Go down

Canon - Pacabel Empty Re: Canon - Pacabel

Post by Thomandy on Wed May 21, 2008 9:50 pm

maggiekedves wrote:
KimnKs wrote:There is just something about Canon by Pacabel that is beyond beautiful to me and I will work really hard to get to that point where I can play it well. Anyone seen Andrew play that one? I know it's a bit more complex but motivation is important too right? bounce

nope Andrew did not play it... but Thomandy did... you can check it on the performances site cheers

Wow, thanks for the Advertisment Maggie Wink

Yup, mine isnt so colpicated though. I learned it after a month, you pretty much keep the left hand still all the time, just move in between if you understand! Smile But Its nice still Smile

Here is a link to the first page if you are interested! Surprised)
https://afpa.hooxs.com/performances-f20/thomas-s-performances-new-2105-page-5-t106.htm
Thomandy
Thomandy
Moderator
Moderator

Male Number of posts : 2616
Age : 35
Location : Norway
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Canon - Pacabel Empty Re: Canon - Pacabel

Post by VictorCS on Wed May 21, 2008 9:50 pm

I just love Canon by Pachelbel... I didnt learn the original piano piece,
but Canon Rock, the modified version made by JerryC.

( it's written for guitar, but sounds almost as great on a keyboard )
VictorCS
VictorCS
Moderator
Moderator

Male Number of posts : 944
Location : Norway
Length of time playing piano : Started playing seriously in 2007, and been doing so since.
Guru Points : 18
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Canon - Pacabel Empty Re: Canon - Pacabel

Post by maggiekedves on Wed May 21, 2008 9:53 pm

thomandy wrote: Wow, thanks for the Advertisment Maggie Wink

Here is a link to the first page if you are interested! Surprised)
https://afpa.hooxs.com/performances-f20/thomas-s-performances-new-2105-page-5-t106.htm

Well I just mentioned it but your welcome... you did the direct marketing though lol! giving the right directions so he would not by any chance get lost.
maggiekedves
maggiekedves
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Female Number of posts : 603
Age : 120
Location : Salt Lake City
Job/hobbies : SLCC student - Nursing ////// music is like air
Length of time playing piano : 10 months ( time is running :) )
Guru Points : 2
Registration date : 2008-03-06

https://www.youtube.com/user/maggiekedves

Back to top Go down

Canon - Pacabel Empty Re: Canon - Pacabel

Post by maggiekedves on Wed May 21, 2008 9:55 pm

VictorCS wrote:I just love Canon by Pachelbel... I didnt learn the original piano piece,
but Canon Rock, the modified version made by JerryC.

( it's written for guitar, but sounds almost as great on a keyboard )

Whats your opinion about the guitar settings on a keyboard? I know it is nothing like playing the guitar....

I love Canon too... I might learn it sooner or later What a Face ( probably later)
maggiekedves
maggiekedves
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Female Number of posts : 603
Age : 120
Location : Salt Lake City
Job/hobbies : SLCC student - Nursing ////// music is like air
Length of time playing piano : 10 months ( time is running :) )
Guru Points : 2
Registration date : 2008-03-06

https://www.youtube.com/user/maggiekedves

Back to top Go down

Canon - Pacabel Empty Re: Canon - Pacabel

Post by Thomandy on Wed May 21, 2008 10:19 pm

maggiekedves wrote:

I love Canon too... I might learn it sooner or later What a Face ( probably later)


Hehe, why not sooner Wink You can learn different piecet at the same time. Start with two pieces, you mind will part then quite easly =)
Thomandy
Thomandy
Moderator
Moderator

Male Number of posts : 2616
Age : 35
Location : Norway
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Canon - Pacabel Empty Re: Canon - Pacabel

Post by maggiekedves on Wed May 21, 2008 10:28 pm

thomandy wrote:
Hehe, why not sooner Wink You can learn different piecet at the same time. Start with two pieces, you mind will part then quite easly =)

Well I have some serious mind work to do... because if I dont play a piece for like a week it is almost gone... Sad that is why I keep playing the Bach every night so it would stick with me...
It seems Im not too good at keeping sheets in my mind... that is why I desperately need to learn sight reading real-real-real well.
Believe me if I were not moving plus getting ready for a 3 month vacation I would spend most of my time learning and practicing...
Im already scared what will happen during the 3 month especially if I cant get a hold of a keyboard... affraid
maggiekedves
maggiekedves
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Female Number of posts : 603
Age : 120
Location : Salt Lake City
Job/hobbies : SLCC student - Nursing ////// music is like air
Length of time playing piano : 10 months ( time is running :) )
Guru Points : 2
Registration date : 2008-03-06

https://www.youtube.com/user/maggiekedves

Back to top Go down

Canon - Pacabel Empty Re: Canon - Pacabel

Post by Thomandy on Wed May 21, 2008 10:44 pm

But you are on the Forum ALOT Wink You could use that time, and get many hours of practice Wink You lazy, you Wink
Thomandy
Thomandy
Moderator
Moderator

Male Number of posts : 2616
Age : 35
Location : Norway
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Canon - Pacabel Empty Re: Canon - Pacabel

Post by maggiekedves on Wed May 21, 2008 11:10 pm

thomandy wrote:But you are on the Forum ALOT Wink You could use that time, and get many hours of practice Wink You lazy, you Wink
Just because my computer is running 24 hr and Im continuously logged in to the forum doesnt mean Im actually online Razz The only reason I am here now is because Im working on something important ( for the greater good Wink ) and it is raining so I cant garden either lol!
maggiekedves
maggiekedves
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Female Number of posts : 603
Age : 120
Location : Salt Lake City
Job/hobbies : SLCC student - Nursing ////// music is like air
Length of time playing piano : 10 months ( time is running :) )
Guru Points : 2
Registration date : 2008-03-06

https://www.youtube.com/user/maggiekedves

Back to top Go down

Canon - Pacabel Empty Re: Canon - Pacabel

Post by Thomandy on Wed May 21, 2008 11:13 pm

maggiekedves wrote:
thomandy wrote:But you are on the Forum ALOT Wink You could use that time, and get many hours of practice Wink You lazy, you Wink
Just because my computer is running 24 hr and Im continuously logged in to the forum doesnt mean Im actually online Razz The only reason I am here now is because Im working on something important ( for the greater good Wink ) and it is raining so I cant garden either lol!

Hehehehe Wink Well, raining is perfect for practice on the piano you know Wink
Thomandy
Thomandy
Moderator
Moderator

Male Number of posts : 2616
Age : 35
Location : Norway
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Canon - Pacabel Empty Re: Canon - Pacabel

Post by CripKilla on Wed May 21, 2008 11:13 pm

Was this topic on canon in D?
Ok, Im out
CripKilla
CripKilla
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 423
Location : Hyrule Field
Job/hobbies : Bank Robber
Length of time playing piano : Since Huamn Existence
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Canon - Pacabel Empty Re: Canon - Pacabel

Post by maggiekedves on Wed May 21, 2008 11:17 pm

thomandy wrote:

Hehehehe Wink Well, raining is perfect for practice on the piano you know Wink

And many more other things too you know Very Happy .... ooooh my... it is time to go...
maggiekedves
maggiekedves
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Female Number of posts : 603
Age : 120
Location : Salt Lake City
Job/hobbies : SLCC student - Nursing ////// music is like air
Length of time playing piano : 10 months ( time is running :) )
Guru Points : 2
Registration date : 2008-03-06

https://www.youtube.com/user/maggiekedves

Back to top Go down

Canon - Pacabel Empty Re: Canon - Pacabel

Post by VictorCS on Thu May 22, 2008 12:53 am

maggiekedves wrote:Whats your opinion about the guitar settings on a keyboard? I know it is nothing like playing the guitar....

You mean the sound? Or how the keys are compared to eachother? As long as it sounds like a guitar it sounds like a guitar.
But the real playing of the instrument is quite different, there are so many possibilities with a guitar that you dont have with a piano.
Vibrato, pitch bends, natural/artifictial harmonics, muting, sliding ( my favorite ).... And thats only some.
VictorCS
VictorCS
Moderator
Moderator

Male Number of posts : 944
Location : Norway
Length of time playing piano : Started playing seriously in 2007, and been doing so since.
Guru Points : 18
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Canon - Pacabel Empty Re: Canon - Pacabel

Post by Thomandy on Thu May 22, 2008 1:50 am

VictorCS wrote:
maggiekedves wrote:Whats your opinion about the guitar settings on a keyboard? I know it is nothing like playing the guitar....

You mean the sound? Or how the keys are compared to eachother? As long as it sounds like a guitar it sounds like a guitar.
But the real playing of the instrument is quite different, there are so many possibilities with a guitar that you dont have with a piano.
Vibrato, pitch bends, natural/artifictial harmonics, muting, sliding ( my favorite ).... And thats only some.

But still piano sounds much more beautyfull. There are some good songs playd with only guitar, this is one of them::

Thomandy
Thomandy
Moderator
Moderator

Male Number of posts : 2616
Age : 35
Location : Norway
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Canon - Pacabel Empty Re: Canon - Pacabel

Post by maggiekedves on Thu May 22, 2008 3:48 am

I dont exactly know what counts good... but this is a Canon Rock I saw and I thing he is pretty good...

Victor you answered the question with all the special things you mentioned I guess you cant really duplicate the song on the keyboard.




This is an interesting version... it is specially arranged... ( too bad the sheet is only for sale)

maggiekedves
maggiekedves
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Female Number of posts : 603
Age : 120
Location : Salt Lake City
Job/hobbies : SLCC student - Nursing ////// music is like air
Length of time playing piano : 10 months ( time is running :) )
Guru Points : 2
Registration date : 2008-03-06

https://www.youtube.com/user/maggiekedves

Back to top Go down

Canon - Pacabel Empty Re: Canon - Pacabel

Post by Thomandy on Thu May 22, 2008 4:41 am

I got some canon sheets, 4 different cinds.. And some of them are really hard Smile hehe.. Might have this one, sounds well known :p
Thomandy
Thomandy
Moderator
Moderator

Male Number of posts : 2616
Age : 35
Location : Norway
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Canon - Pacabel Empty Re: Canon - Pacabel

Post by maggiekedves on Thu May 22, 2008 4:45 am

thomandy wrote:I got some canon sheets, 4 different cinds.. And some of them are really hard Smile hehe.. Might have this one, sounds well known :p

the uploader said " his arrangement is written by Mr. Galloway. If you like this piece you can purchase the sheet music at his homepage http://www.leegalloway.com " so that is why I assumed it is special... otherwise I also have couple of copies you can imagine Very Happy I did not count them yet... still arranging pale
maggiekedves
maggiekedves
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Female Number of posts : 603
Age : 120
Location : Salt Lake City
Job/hobbies : SLCC student - Nursing ////// music is like air
Length of time playing piano : 10 months ( time is running :) )
Guru Points : 2
Registration date : 2008-03-06

https://www.youtube.com/user/maggiekedves

Back to top Go down

Canon - Pacabel Empty Re: Canon - Pacabel

Post by Thomandy on Thu May 22, 2008 4:51 am

Yup, but I got one that Is really close to this one. And I got them from a guy on youtube, I just asked him after I saw one of his replys about it. And he sendt it to me. He might have bought it. You never know. Also, how different can the arrangements be? It is the same song, and sounds very much alike. So it can be too different, or else it would have been an different song Razz
Thomandy
Thomandy
Moderator
Moderator

Male Number of posts : 2616
Age : 35
Location : Norway
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Canon - Pacabel Empty Re: Canon - Pacabel

Post by Shaythong on Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:17 pm

You should try George Winston's Variations on the Kanon by Pachelbel after this. Very Happy

Shaythong
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Male Number of posts : 5
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Canon - Pacabel Empty Re: Canon - Pacabel

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum