Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello. (from Brazil)

3 posters

Go down

Hello. (from Brazil) Empty Hello. (from Brazil)

Post by Kelly Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:47 pm

Hello there people.

Name's Kelly, age 19, as in my profile. I'm currently living in Brazil (Porto Alegre, RS) you can google that and find out where specifically. But I've born in Oakland, CA (USA), lived there for about 10 years, and I should add that I really miss my country, but ,oh well.

Anyway, I haven't played piano ever, but I always had the desire, since...ever. lol. But Andrew was a life saver; I wasn't planning on giving up, but he actually opened that door for me so I could actually put that dream to task.

A little about my life-style. Let's just say that I've come out to being nothing like my family. I love classical music, I read a lot (and when I say a lot, I mean A LOT), I cheer for the opposite team everyone here at home does, I'm sort of conservative as to my principles, habits; characteristics completely contrary do them if you knew how I was raised. My parents are awesome, but I just have very different habits; my brother on the other hand, is just like he ''should be'' considering he never actually adventured through life.

I give so much effort to what I want to accomplish, so even though something's hard and I know it's hard, I keep my mind positive, most the time (no one's perfect). I'm an up person, one of my favorite things to do is laugh, I spend most my day doing so (like I am now). lol. So one of the things I say to my friends and people I meet is: SMILE everyday. Smile to people while you're walking on the street, some might think you're out of your mind, but it can change one's day. You can't possibly be doing any harm if you do so. Very Happy

If anything, you can e-mail me, PM me on whatever's on your mind, I don't actually know know what I could help you with though, but I'm just opening a gap so that you can feel free to talk away and not feel fearsome.

I'm glad to be here. Hope to get to know most of you.

Guess that's all.

Oink.pig
Kelly
Kelly
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Female Number of posts : 134
Job/hobbies : Student
Guru Points : 9
Registration date : 2010-09-05

https://www.facebook.com/tkellerz

Back to top Go down

Hello. (from Brazil) Empty Re: Hello. (from Brazil)

Post by 1748 Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:42 pm

yeah nice 2 meet you
iam daniel from indonesia (chinesse)
welcome to share all about piano ^^ @(^(oo)^)@

Advanced Pianist
Advanced Pianist

Male Number of posts : 57
Job/hobbies : Daniel ASIA INDONESIA
Length of time playing piano : augst 2009
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2009-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:01 pm

It's my pleasure. Hello. (from Brazil) 1054951qu82go0d40
Kelly
Kelly
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by jytte Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:36 am

Hello Kelly,

I was wondering about your English being so good, if you were a native of Brazil, he he, now I guess I'm less impressed Laughing
I imagine, if you've lived there for 10 years (and going to school there) that you are also now fluent in Portuguese. Nice to have more languages.
I lived in the States for almost 20 years, mainly Arizona and Texas, and traveled around a lot, been to San Francisco and the northern area (so beautiful) as well, but never Oakland itself. I can understand that you miss your home country - I think we all feel attached to the place we were born and grew up (as I do Denmark) - but I hope you appreciate the chance to live somewhere else as well. So many people never leave their country (some never their town), and I think it's fun and educational to see other countries, experience other languages and cultures, and meet other kinds of people.

Anyway, it's nice to meet a positive person, such as you. And keep smiling Smile

Oh, and good luck with your piano playing. I'm sure you'll do well, or at least have much fun with it.

jytte
jytte
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Female Number of posts : 268
Length of time playing piano : Since July 2009 (Yamaha PSR E313) SHEET COLLECTION ON MY WEBSITE
Guru Points : 11
Registration date : 2009-07-19

http://www.piano.christrup.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:50 pm

jytte wrote:I was wondering about your English being so good, if you were a native of Brazil, he he, now I guess I'm less impressed Laughing

Awww, man. I thought so. geek

jytte wrote:I imagine, if you've lived there for 10 years (and going to school there) that you are also now fluent in Portuguese.

Na verdade eu sou. scratch lol (Translation: Indeed I am.) ^^

Thanks, jytte.
Kelly
Kelly
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down