Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help with fingerings

3 posters

Go down

Help with fingerings Empty Help with fingerings

Post by Rickard Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:18 pm

Can anyone help me with the fingerings for Matataki Village?
The sheet music can be found here if you scroll down to Dark Cloud:
http://www.ninsheetm.us/sheetmusic.php?franchise=Other

It's a .mus file so you will need to use a Finale program to open it. If you don't have a good Finale program just download Finale Reader for free.
It would be great if someone could actually edit the sheet music and place the fingerings there.

Rickard
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Number of posts : 146
Guru Points : 14
Registration date : 2010-04-25

Back to top Go down

Help with fingerings Empty Re: Help with fingerings

Post by jytte Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:04 am

I'm no expert, but I don't think there's such a thing as "the right fingering" for a piece. The way I would play a piece might not be the exact same way as you would, although I assume we all learn the basics, like the way we play the scales by moving 3rd finger over/under 1st finger moving up or down the scale.

When I start learning a piece, I work on a few bars at a time, work out what fingering works (making sure the last finger on the last bar also works for the start position for the next bars) for me. Then play it faster to make sure it still works. There's usually a pattern that feels natural to you, it will definitely show up when you play the little bit fast. I then write the fingering on my sheet, so in the learning process, I'm sure to use the same fingering all the time. Once I've learned the piece, I never look at the sheet again.

I usually enter my fingering on the sheet in MuseScore, and I've even posted sheets with fingering on, thinking it might be a help to someone, as I've seen "beginners sheets" with fingering on as well. But, as I said, I'm not so sure if that is what works for anyone else. One also has to consider that there are people with long skinny fingers (with a long reach I assume) and people with short chubby fingers (probably with a short reach). Level of training makes a difference in reach as well, I've noticed that my reach has become bigger now than it was in the beginning.

Also, I'm thinking that the process of working out the fingering for oneself is an integral part of the actual learning process of that piece, and helpful in the ultimate "muscular remembrance" of the piece. At least that is how it seems to work for me.

So, I'm thinking there might be many different approaches to this, as there are many different types of players out there. Someone more experienced might give you a different answer to this question.

jytte
jytte
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Female Number of posts : 268
Length of time playing piano : Since July 2009 (Yamaha PSR E313) SHEET COLLECTION ON MY WEBSITE
Guru Points : 11
Registration date : 2009-07-19

http://www.piano.christrup.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Rickard Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:58 pm

Yeah I heard one time before that there are no perfect fingerings but those indicated on sheet music usually work well for me. Ofc it's still a personal matter, I for example have pretty long fingers and a big hand, I can reach a 9th without problems. Well, the thing with working out fingerings myself is that it creates extra confusion and I have experienced that I sometimes make mistakes in fingering later on.
Well I downloaded MuseScore now and sadly it doesn't open .mus files. It would be nice to be able to add fingerings to the existing file and just print it out.

Rickard
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Number of posts : 146
Guru Points : 14
Registration date : 2010-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by 1748 Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:58 pm

in piano exspecially classic is pianist must can play every note with their fingering
there is no really numbering of finering...
if in sheet music dont have number you can add it every 5 note to mark the number
so you will more easier to play that sheet
thats all

Advanced Pianist
Advanced Pianist

Male Number of posts : 57
Job/hobbies : Daniel ASIA INDONESIA
Length of time playing piano : augst 2009
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2009-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content