Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greetings.

+2
jytte
leftie22
6 posters

Go down

Greetings. Empty Greetings.

Post by leftie22 Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:09 am

Hi everyone! My name is Kafung and i'm from The Netherlands. Very Happy

Here is my story:
After watching al those piano covers from themes, anime, songs on Youtube, I got excited and jealous at the same time to watch them having fun. Since we have a acoustic piano which it haven't been played on for years, it seems a good idea to 'bring the piano back to life'! I couldn't get a piano teacher due to the fact that i live in a little village. I had looked on the web to find the basics for beginners and i did expect to find a few lessons on Youtube, but i couldn't believe my eyes when i found about Andrews vids Razz ! After 3 month being serious, i hardly practise anymore on the important things like: sight-reading, scales, arpeggios etc Sad . Instead i just playing the pieces i like. I also gets discouraged for being left-handed, but it makes things more challenging i think Very Happy. Is there anyone who had experience with this? Anyway, i want get serious again. This registration is kind of a declaration to get serious Razz .

I was too lazy to register on this forum last year. Instead, i had been watching the topics as a guest. But it's time for me to join the fun Very Happy .

I would like to thank Andrew in particular for his awesome videos and funny jokes Laughing . I'm very grateful for what he has done for me and the rest of the world.

And btw, sorry for the bad grammar and spelling... I haven't payed much attention in english class lol! lol!
leftie22
leftie22
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Male Number of posts : 10
Job/hobbies : Piano, computer etc..
Length of time playing piano : July 09
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2010-07-19

Back to top Go down

Greetings. Empty Re: Greetings.

Post by jytte Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:44 am

Hello Kafung.

2 months after registration, and nobody bid you welcome, shame on us.
Well, welcome you are! I hope our neglect haven't chased you away from us again, and that you are still playing your piano.

I can't imagine what it's like for a "leftie" to play piano, I guess it must be a little the opposite of the problems the "righties" of us are having with playing the left hand. I don't imagine it makes any difference in the long run though. Any other lefties in here with an opinion on that?

Nice to meet a countryman of Andre Rieu, of whom I am a great fan!

jytte
jytte
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Female Number of posts : 268
Length of time playing piano : Since July 2009 (Yamaha PSR E313) SHEET COLLECTION ON MY WEBSITE
Guru Points : 11
Registration date : 2009-07-19

http://www.piano.christrup.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:16 pm

Gah! I tried to catch up on every greeting unanswered post I could, guess I missed this one. Razz

Hope you still visit us and find our posts useful. Make yourself welcome to join the conversations, and ask away.

It would be cool to find an ambidextrous. alien
Kelly
Kelly
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Female Number of posts : 134
Job/hobbies : Student
Guru Points : 9
Registration date : 2010-09-05

https://www.facebook.com/tkellerz

Back to top Go down

Post by leftie22 Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:19 pm

Hey there, thanks for your comment!

Yeah, it's been a while since i had registered. I assume that everyone is busy work, school, practising or whatever. hahaha lol!

I am still playing the piano though, But i am making a very very slow progress due to amount of homework unfortunately Sad Especially sight reading is still a real pain in the butt because it's really hard for me to look forward frequently.

It sucks sometimes to be a leftie on the piano because the left hand usually overwhelms the right hand by putting to much unecessary pressure on the notes. Also, the right handed part usually needs more agility. I sometimes wish I was ambidextrous, but that's the way it is it seems. bounce bounce

I am not a really big fan of Andre Rieu, but I must admit that his covers are awesome! Very Happy Unfortunately he is suffering from an infection these days.
leftie22
leftie22
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by leftie22 Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:22 pm

Hey Kelly!

I will visit the forum frequently. Loads of nice people here! I love you
leftie22
leftie22
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by jytte Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:28 pm

I'm sorry to hear that. I just like the way he presents classical music in a sometimes fun way, and mixed with more popular stuff, so eeeeeveryone can join in the appreciation. And, even if we are lovers of classical music, it doesn't always have to be so dead serious.

I'm glad we didn't chase you away:)
The trouble you're having with pressure and one hand drowning out the other is common, I think, for all us beginners, so don't feel you're the only one. I have the same trouble with my left hand, but that's because I'm a rightie and don't have the necessary control of the left yet. Guess all these things will get better when we practice enough.

jytte
jytte
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Length of time playing piano : Since July 2009 (Yamaha PSR E313) SHEET COLLECTION ON MY WEBSITE

Back to top Go down

Post by jytte Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:28 pm

leftie22 wrote:Hey Kelly!

Yea, they are nice, but geeee are they quiet at times.
Sometimes you can come in here, and just sit quietly and watch the grass grow. But that's supposed to be good for the soul as well Laughing
jytte
jytte
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:36 pm

leftie22 wrote:Hey Kelly!

We all have busy lives as well, just like you said on your other post; but on my spare time I rather be here, which I really enjoy. You don't have to post every time you're on, just make yourself comfortable in this community, we don't expect differently.

Have fun above all. afro
Kelly
Kelly
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:38 pm

jytte wrote:Yea, they are nice, but geeee are they quiet at times.
Sometimes you can come in here, and just sit quietly and watch the grass grow. But that's supposed to be good for the soul as well Laughing

lol! lol! Definitely.
Kelly
Kelly
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Pianoted Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:20 pm

Welcome to the forum leftie22/Kafung.
Pianoted
Pianoted
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Number of posts : 154
Guru Points : 13
Registration date : 2010-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by jytte Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:25 pm

Oh, and by the way Kafung, your English is excellent.
I've been to Holland a few times (horse related) and I always marveled at the language skills of the Dutch people in general. Why, most of them speak Dutch (you'd imagine), English, French and German - pretty darn amazing.
jytte
jytte
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Rickard Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:47 pm

Welcome to the forum Leftie!

Rickard
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Number of posts : 146
Guru Points : 14
Registration date : 2010-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by leftie22 Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:53 pm

Kelly wrote:Have fun above all. afro

Razz Razz

Pianoted wrote:Welcome to the forum leftie22/Kafung.

Nice to meet you Ted! Very Happy
jytte wrote:Oh, and by the way Kafung, your English is excellent.
I've been to Holland a few times (horse related) and I always marveled at the language skills of the Dutch people in general. Why, most of them speak Dutch (you'd imagine), English, French and German - pretty darn amazing.

Lol. I doubt about the french and german part, but learning different languages is indeed part of our education system. I suck at both of them Razz Razz
Oh well....the internet is making all of us smarter too, don't you think? study

Rickard wrote:Welcome to the forum Leftie!

Hi there Rickard! Nice to meet you! Very Happy

Where is Andrew btw? I haven't seen him for a while on the forums.. I hope he is doing well.

leftie22
leftie22
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:15 pm

leftie22 wrote:Where is Andrew btw? I haven't seen him for a while on the forums.. I hope he is doing well.

I spoke to Thomas (Thomandy) one of these days and he told me Andrew's been busying himself with other things. Smile He does visit once in a while I guess.

Oh, he's everyday messing around on facebook, btw he has posted some real cool photographies there, take a peek. Wink
Kelly
Kelly
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by frank Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:27 pm

Kelly wrote:Gah! I tried to catch up on every greeting unanswered post I could, guess I missed this one. Razz

Hope you still visit us and find our posts useful. Make yourself welcome to join the conversations, and ask away.

I don't know, if I'm a really ambidextrous, but I write with my left hand, but I don't have problems to use scissors, knifes etc. with the right hand and of course, piano playing, but this is both hands anyway Smile

frank
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 211
Job/hobbies : computer programmer
Length of time playing piano : some weeks before registration date
Guru Points : 8
Registration date : 2009-05-24

http://www.frank-buss.de

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:47 pm

frank wrote:
Kelly wrote:Gah! I tried to catch up on every greeting unanswered post I could, guess I missed this one. Razz

I don't know, if I'm a really ambidextrous, but I write with my left hand, but I don't have problems to use scissors, knifes etc. with the right hand and of course, piano playing, but this is both hands anyway Smile

I'm a righty, but I have no problems using my left hand for basic things, specially typing, that's because I taught myself to use my left hand more and exercise it, but I didn't born this way. But I have a friend that's ambidextrous since he born and handles both hands equally.

EDIT: Not that you're genetically meant to be a lefty or a righty as you born. But people usually choose one hand to use as their main hand to write and do most things. Does this mean an ambidextrous child chooses to use both hands on their own will? Surprised
Kelly
Kelly
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by leftie22 Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:23 pm

frank wrote:

I don't have problems with using the scissors too..I usually put more pressure on the thumb side. It really helps Very Happy

Kelly wrote:
frank wrote:

I'm a righty, but I have no problems using my left hand for basic things, specially typing, that's because I taught myself to use my left hand more and exercise it, but I didn't born this way. But I have a friend that's ambidextrous since he born and handles both hands equally.

EDIT: Not that you're genetically meant to be a lefty or a righty as you born. But people usually choose one hand to use as their main hand to write and do most things. Does this mean an ambidextrous child chooses to use both hands on their own will? Surprised

They are more likely to use the right hand as their main hand, because most of the modern day stuff (especially the can opener, which is a real pain in the *** for me Evil or Very Mad ) are made for righties. But they always got the opportunity to change I believe. Wink
leftie22
leftie22
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:38 pm

leftie22 wrote:They are more likely to use the right hand as their main hand, because most of the modern day stuff (especially the can opener, which is a real pain in the *** for me Evil or Very Mad ) are made for righties. But they always got the opportunity to change I believe. Wink

Truth is: it's all about practice. No one actually talks about hand exercise, it's like if you're ''born'' a right-handed you'll never be able to do much with your left hand and vise-versa. After practicing for an hour to write with my left hand I gave up, 'cause I really sucked at it, but I can do plenty of other things with it. (:
Kelly
Kelly
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content