Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello! I come from Greece!

3 posters

Go down

Hello! I come from Greece! Empty Hello! I come from Greece!

Post by nescentes Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:29 am

Hello to everyone.
My name is Nikos and Im coming from Greece Cool
My interest in music came about when I was 15 years old. I visited with an old friend, a guy who plays the piano (now he plays in orchestra viola too), and I heard him playing Toccata and Fugue. I visited again some days after, and he put on his Favorite cd, Rachmaninoff 3rd Concert. I had had some studies before but nothing important. Meanwhile, I started reading scores and "playing" his piano, just for fun with one hand, questioning myself "how do they play with both?". After two years, a mother of an old friend, gave me her son' s harmonium because he didnt want it anymore. On this I learned some pieces -but not classical. Greek or foreign songs just for fun. But I wasnt satisfied at all. Because that Rachmaninoff had "infested" my mind. I asked from a friend to teach me "Rachmaninoff' s prelude in c# minor" but I managed nothing ofcourse. At least, I learned "Fur Elise", but not whole actually. I stoped making company with that guy and I came across to his cousin, a guy crazy for Rachmaninoff and Liszt. I asked him to teach me the basics at least, he said "OK" but only this. At least, I could practise on his piano. After I aimed on "Asturias", especially when I heard it on guitar, live. A friend of mine said me once "my teacher played this with two fingers" and I had a go. After tries, I managed to play it. From my first touch with piano has already passed approximatelly 6 years and two months ago, I get a very old piano as a present from a friend that comes from USSR but here it isnt too useful -its getting rusty because I dont know how to play, as I would like to play. At last, I still have this question "how can someone plays with both hands?" I hope and I belive the on-line lessons will help me out to play, at last, in the classical way.

Before closing, I would like to attach some photos, of my harmonium, piano and the "USSR" logo (Ofcourse people here forsure have older piano than mine but jut I feel very proud about this acquirement ^^ -the girl on the piano is my sister dressed in traditional dress)

Hello! I come from Greece! 204310
Hello! I come from Greece! 2044e10
Hello! I come from Greece! 204510

I would like to say a Great Thank you to
Andrew beforehand because his job is
really remarkable!

Warm regards from Greece,
Nikos Very Happy

ps: excuse me for the Grammar mistakes, but Ive started the lessons recently..
nescentes
nescentes
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Male Number of posts : 7
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2010-07-15

http://epnm.gr

Back to top Go down

Hello! I come from Greece! Empty Re: Hello! I come from Greece!

Post by 1748 Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:06 am

1st of all welcome in this forum and piano experiance
in your story if iam not wrong i got you have played piano for about 6 year and only play with single hand???

6 years is enough time for practice piano BUT just played with single hand its poor one

your problem is how to play with both hand right???
from your story you played advance song that is hard to play with both hand

so from now i suggest play simple song...like marry had a little lamb
or kindergarden song....that have both hand note to play
so you can practice slowly

the hardest part is you must able to read the music sheet so you will know what note to be pressed in that sheet

i hope that would help any question i will replay again
thanks
daniel from ASIA indonesia chears

Advanced Pianist
Advanced Pianist

Male Number of posts : 57
Job/hobbies : Daniel ASIA INDONESIA
Length of time playing piano : augst 2009
Registration date : 2009-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by frank Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:01 pm

Nice upright piano! Don't forget to let a piano tuner tune it, when not played for long time.

Playing with two hands was difficult for me, too, when I started piano playing. At least for me a music teacher was very helpful for learning the basics and some pieces for two hands.

frank
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 211
Job/hobbies : computer programmer
Length of time playing piano : some weeks before registration date
Guru Points : 8
Registration date : 2009-05-24

http://www.frank-buss.de

Back to top Go down

Post by nescentes Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:37 am

to Daniel:
Yes, unfortunatelly. Technic' s missing. About the advanced pieces (Prelude in c# minor and Asturias) can be played "easilly", just with practice-practice-practice. From Rachmaninoff' s prelude I have -almost- played the first page, and from Asturias the whole piece. Im planning in somedays to record a video me playing and attaching here, just to show what I mean.
And, while I am attending nowdays the e-lessons, I will start easy pieces What a Face

to Frank:
Thank you for you words about the Piano.
Because it is very old, cannot be tuned 100%. According to my Piano tuner, it needs some times to be 100% tuned. I have a "friend" who promised that he will help me with the basics, with diploma on Piano, but it was just a promise Neutral . I hope the e-lessons "pull me in pieces", getting the basic idea how to play with both hands!
nescentes
nescentes
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Male Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-07-15

http://epnm.gr

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum