Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gas mileage and cars

+3
g0tfish
Thomandy
Admin Andrew
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Gas mileage and cars - Page 2 Empty Re: Gas mileage and cars

Post by VictorCS Thu May 01, 2008 5:03 am

Andrew, I'll give you 100 bucks for it + free shipping ( ofcourse, i'll dont pay for that )... When can you hand it over to me? 87 is better than nothing, even if I want the early 80's type.
VictorCS
VictorCS

Male Number of posts : 944
Length of time playing piano : Started playing seriously in 2007, and been doing so since.
Guru Points : 18
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by zeroflash Thu May 01, 2008 5:06 am

That quite an efficient car there thomas. Very Happy .6 liters/10km. Mine eats 1.3 liters/10km. Sad Well, it all boils down to the drivers and passengers Very Happy 2 identical cars (same body/weight/engine/displacement/etc) aren't accurately the same in consumption. Much more on how each of their drivers behave, use and take care of it. Very Happy

zeroflash
Advanced Pianist
Advanced Pianist

Male Number of posts : 54
Job/hobbies : Technical support, Customer Service, Playing the Piano, video games, books, computers/int
Length of time playing piano : around 2 years total. :)
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-04-15

https://www.youtube.com/zeroflashx2

Back to top Go down

Post by zeroflash Thu May 01, 2008 5:07 am

Hey Andrew, is the car modded or stock? Very Happy and how much would you sell it for just in case? Very Happy Saw the vid, the engine is good. Very Happy rawr!!!!

zeroflash
Advanced Pianist
Advanced Pianist

Job/hobbies : Technical support, Customer Service, Playing the Piano, video games, books, computers/int

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Thu May 01, 2008 5:27 am

zeroflash wrote:That quite an efficient car there thomas. Very Happy .6 liters/10km. Mine eats 1.3 liters/10km. Sad Well, it all boils down to the drivers and passengers Very Happy 2 identical cars (same body/weight/engine/displacement/etc) aren't accurately the same in consumption. Much more on how each of their drivers behave, use and take care of it. Very Happy

Yeah, well that was my late car. We got somthing here called "EU-Controll" and there are severela thingthat has to be good enough to keep the plates on. And Mye Little Zusuki failed bigtime Razz

Yup, as you say there are many things that matter. But it takes som years of bad treatment before it starts to suck much more gas. If you drive like a pig, and go fast, slow, fast, slow - That eats alot Razz But fun to drive a little fast now and then. But there are so mane automatic speedcontrolls here in Norway so Razz hehe
Thomandy
Thomandy

Male Number of posts : 2616
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by zeroflash Thu May 01, 2008 5:31 am

thomandy wrote:
zeroflash wrote:That quite an efficient car there thomas. Very Happy .6 liters/10km. Mine eats 1.3 liters/10km. Sad Well, it all boils down to the drivers and passengers Very Happy 2 identical cars (same body/weight/engine/displacement/etc) aren't accurately the same in consumption. Much more on how each of their drivers behave, use and take care of it. Very Happy

Yeah, well that was my late car. We got somthing here called "EU-Controll" and there are severela thingthat has to be good enough to keep the plates on. And Mye Little Zusuki failed bigtime Razz

Yup, as you say there are many things that matter. But it takes som years of bad treatment before it starts to suck much more gas. If you drive like a pig, and go fast, slow, fast, slow - That eats alot Razz But fun to drive a little fast now and then. But there are so mane automatic speedcontrolls here in Norway so Razz hehe

You know what Thomas I'm really curious about the EU-control. Does that mean that if a car doesn't meet standards, it won't be allowed on the streets anymore? Please do correct me if im wrong. Very Happy sheessh.... If so, hopefully we have that here. The roads are extremely packed with cars here ranging from 70's to 2008 models. Very Happy I'll call it PH-control. Very Happy

zeroflash
Advanced Pianist
Advanced Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Thu May 01, 2008 5:42 am

zeroflash wrote:
thomandy wrote:

You know what Thomas I'm really curious about the EU-control. Does that mean that if a car doesn't meet standards, it won't be allowed on the streets anymore? Please do correct me if im wrong. Very Happy sheessh.... If so, hopefully we have that here. The roads are extremely packed with cars here ranging from 70's to 2008 models. Very Happy I'll call it PH-control. Very Happy

You are correct. Every 2 years we have to take our car to the shop and get this EU-Controll (50$). The faults are devided into 3 common areaes.

1 - Faults that dosnt have to be fixed right away, but it is smart to do somthing about it
2 - Faults that HAS to be fixed before the car is legal on the roads again (Allows you to get it done, but In really short time)
3 - The car is now officially without plates (the can be picked of on the spot)

If you get stopped in a policecontroll after getter 2* faults they take the plates, unless you can prove that you got a carapointment in a couple of days. Its a great way to get bad cars of the road, but still they are SO EXTREMLY picky, that there is almost allways faulst no matter what. Also, one more thing is that the shops are often claimed to "find" errors, to create work for themselfe. And that sucks!!
Thomandy
Thomandy

Male Number of posts : 2616
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content