Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here I am one year after...

4 posters

Go down

Here I am one year after... Empty Here I am one year after...

Post by ramaral Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:14 am

Hi all,

I don't know if you're aware that I'm a member of this board since i started learning piano by myself (one year ago approximately).
Since I got my digital piano, I wanted to start playing as good as I could, BUT, what happened is that one year is gone and my skills are very poor. The little I know on piano, I learned from Andrews first videos (major and minor scales, fingerings, a bit of chord theory). I must thank him and his patience for uploading all that on youtube. Patience and training discipline is what I seem to lack. And that, I can't get from internet videos or texts. My motivation is still as high as in the first day, but I really need a teacher if I want to upgrade my skills: need someone to tell me "Next week I wanna see you playing this or I'll punch you in the fingers." or someone to help in particular stuff like two hand-coordination (my biggest probleem).

I wonder if there are more people like me in this forum. I somehow think that those who can learn piano by themselves are talented-for-music people. What do y'all think? Question
ramaral
ramaral
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Male Number of posts : 14
Job/hobbies : Greek/Latin
Length of time playing piano : Since January 2009
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Back to top Go down

Here I am one year after... Empty Re: Here I am one year after...

Post by Circle_of_Fists Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:36 am

I would suggest the teacher route. I don't think I've ever seen anyone write, "I was better off without a teacher." But quite the opposite. All I hear is the benefits of good teaching.

I teetered on the edge of signing up with one in the fall, but decided it wasn't the time (it wouldn't have worked). But I told myself that after my 1 year piano anniversary I would seriously consider it, depending on where my playing is then and what my schedule looks like (and perhaps if I am still playing then - but I doubt I'll stop this new addiction. Smile )

So, if the financial obligation is within your means, and your motivation for piano is still on fire - go for it! Very Happy
Circle_of_Fists
Circle_of_Fists
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 292
Job/hobbies : I needed a new hobby so piano it is!
Length of time playing piano : since June 09
Guru Points : 17
Registration date : 2009-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by 1748 Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:46 pm

your position is same with me iam beginner too...i have take course 6 month when i saw andrew video then take course wow...my level is not enough to watch this video ^^
so i take a course
if you have any Question you can post if i have time i will help you
playing with 2 hand seems like hard BUT try to slow and memorize the FORM of that 2 hand ....all have form remember that

some of here is more senior we beginner couldnt learn that fast ^^

Advanced Pianist
Advanced Pianist

Male Number of posts : 57
Job/hobbies : Daniel ASIA INDONESIA
Length of time playing piano : augst 2009
Registration date : 2009-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by juliekaye Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:24 am

I've been playing since I was 7 years old but just recently got back into it. I know a lot of the ins and outs of piano but I still feel like I need to go back to lessons to truly advance further. I really need another person to critique me, otherwise I'm just playing what I think I'm supposed to play and no idea if it's truly correct. So I definitely recommend that route especially for beginners. Andrew's videos are great but speaking for myself, I don't think I'd have been able to truly learn what I've learned on my own or from videos.

juliekaye
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Female Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down