Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Discovery of My Talent

Go down

The Discovery of My Talent Empty The Discovery of My Talent

Post by Knight of Cydonia on Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:38 pm

I wasn't at all interested in playing the piano, until I was 12 years old. It was around then that my passion for music began. I loved the Lord of the Rings soundtrack, Edward Scissorhands, etc..I wanted so much to play the songs I heard.

I went outside one day, went to our old storage shed/barn, where we kept our horribly out of tune, chipped keys piano. I sat down at it, and played what sounded right basically. Everyday after that I'd go out there and play it, until I talked my Dad into bringing it into the house. I was then playing many songs. I didn't know any notes, I wasn't even really playing correctly. I just played what sounded good.

Our church had a talent show coming up, and I played a medley of soundtracks. I stunned everyone. It was the most amazing feeling to play with all feeling, and the silence of everyone as I played. When I was 14, a girl overheard me playing Jurassic Park, and thought I'd been playing for years.

Unfortunately, I quit playing. I feel ashamed of it, but I didn't feel I was progressing. I am now almost 20 years old, this August, and I happened upon Andrew's videos, and I feel I am ready to learn again. Smile I feel I have been gifted with this ability, so why waste it? Why not use it instead? So I'm going to. Just watched his first lesson today, and I loved it. I'm going to practice everyday, and keep taking these lessons, and one day I can fulfill my dreams. Very Happy Thank you, Andrew.

- Hayley
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia

Female Number of posts : 2
Job/hobbies : Photography, laughing, learning, reading, movies, spending time with family.
Length of time playing piano : 7 years
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2009-06-29

https://www.facebook.com/hayleyjanae

Back to top Go down

The Discovery of My Talent Empty Re: The Discovery of My Talent

Post by Odeken on Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:26 pm

Awesome story. I know the feeling I am 18 now and I have pretty much the same talent where I play by ear and I feel as if I have waisted my talents because I haven't been playing piano for years. I really hope to hear some of the music you play in the near future.
Odeken
Odeken
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Male Number of posts : 25
Length of time playing piano : All my life
Registration date : 2009-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy on Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:41 pm

Yeah, thats a great story =) Im sure Andrew would love to hear that he has been reaching out to you as well^^

I was never interested in piano until last year, and now its my main focus in life Smile Music and piano in my case can be a life changer Smile

Good Luck! And be sure to use the forum a lot Wink
Thomandy
Thomandy

Male Number of posts : 2616
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Knight of Cydonia on Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:54 pm

Thanks guys! Very Happy I defiantly will. Also along with his help, I'm going to look for a piano teacher in my area. Even though after finding Andrew's videos I really wish I lived in Canada, because he's a great teacher.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia

Female Number of posts : 2
Job/hobbies : Photography, laughing, learning, reading, movies, spending time with family.
Length of time playing piano : 7 years
Registration date : 2009-06-29

https://www.facebook.com/hayleyjanae

Back to top Go down

Post by theWarden on Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:04 am

Knight of Cydonia wrote:Thanks guys! Very Happy I defiantly will. Also along with his help, I'm going to look for a piano teacher in my area. Even though after finding Andrew's videos I really wish I lived in Canada, because he's a great teacher.

Canadians are great teachers, EY? Laughing
The best part about Canada is that in some parts they speak french! I find that very cool, especially since I took 2 years of it in high school hah

What a Face
theWarden
theWarden
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Male Number of posts : 30
Job/hobbies : Music, Books, Girls, Paintball
Length of time playing piano : 1 month
Guru Points : 1
Registration date : 2009-06-19

Back to top Go down