Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Discovery of My Talent

4 posters

Go down

The Discovery of My Talent Empty The Discovery of My Talent

Post by Knight of Cydonia Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:38 pm

I wasn't at all interested in playing the piano, until I was 12 years old. It was around then that my passion for music began. I loved the Lord of the Rings soundtrack, Edward Scissorhands, etc..I wanted so much to play the songs I heard.

I went outside one day, went to our old storage shed/barn, where we kept our horribly out of tune, chipped keys piano. I sat down at it, and played what sounded right basically. Everyday after that I'd go out there and play it, until I talked my Dad into bringing it into the house. I was then playing many songs. I didn't know any notes, I wasn't even really playing correctly. I just played what sounded good.

Our church had a talent show coming up, and I played a medley of soundtracks. I stunned everyone. It was the most amazing feeling to play with all feeling, and the silence of everyone as I played. When I was 14, a girl overheard me playing Jurassic Park, and thought I'd been playing for years.

Unfortunately, I quit playing. I feel ashamed of it, but I didn't feel I was progressing. I am now almost 20 years old, this August, and I happened upon Andrew's videos, and I feel I am ready to learn again. Smile I feel I have been gifted with this ability, so why waste it? Why not use it instead? So I'm going to. Just watched his first lesson today, and I loved it. I'm going to practice everyday, and keep taking these lessons, and one day I can fulfill my dreams. Very Happy Thank you, Andrew.

- Hayley
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia

Female Number of posts : 2
Job/hobbies : Photography, laughing, learning, reading, movies, spending time with family.
Length of time playing piano : 7 years
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2009-06-29

https://www.facebook.com/hayleyjanae

Back to top Go down

The Discovery of My Talent Empty Re: The Discovery of My Talent

Post by Odeken Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:26 pm

Awesome story. I know the feeling I am 18 now and I have pretty much the same talent where I play by ear and I feel as if I have waisted my talents because I haven't been playing piano for years. I really hope to hear some of the music you play in the near future.
Odeken
Odeken
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Male Number of posts : 25
Length of time playing piano : All my life
Registration date : 2009-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:41 pm

Yeah, thats a great story =) Im sure Andrew would love to hear that he has been reaching out to you as well^^

I was never interested in piano until last year, and now its my main focus in life Smile Music and piano in my case can be a life changer Smile

Good Luck! And be sure to use the forum a lot Wink
Thomandy
Thomandy

Male Number of posts : 2616
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Knight of Cydonia Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:54 pm

Thanks guys! Very Happy I defiantly will. Also along with his help, I'm going to look for a piano teacher in my area. Even though after finding Andrew's videos I really wish I lived in Canada, because he's a great teacher.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia

Female Number of posts : 2
Job/hobbies : Photography, laughing, learning, reading, movies, spending time with family.
Length of time playing piano : 7 years
Registration date : 2009-06-29

https://www.facebook.com/hayleyjanae

Back to top Go down

Post by theWarden Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:04 am

Knight of Cydonia wrote:Thanks guys! Very Happy I defiantly will. Also along with his help, I'm going to look for a piano teacher in my area. Even though after finding Andrew's videos I really wish I lived in Canada, because he's a great teacher.

Canadians are great teachers, EY? Laughing
The best part about Canada is that in some parts they speak french! I find that very cool, especially since I took 2 years of it in high school hah

What a Face
theWarden
theWarden
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Male Number of posts : 30
Job/hobbies : Music, Books, Girls, Paintball
Length of time playing piano : 1 month
Guru Points : 1
Registration date : 2009-06-19

Back to top Go down