Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to play Moonlight Sonata 1st movement?

Go down

How to play Moonlight Sonata 1st movement? Empty How to play Moonlight Sonata 1st movement?

Post by Adelbert0923 on Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:50 pm

How to play the 1st movement of Moonlight Sonata? Question confused Arrow
Adelbert0923
Adelbert0923
Advanced Pianist
Advanced Pianist

Male Number of posts : 96
Age : 27
Location : Cavite, Philippines
Job/hobbies : College
Length of time playing piano : Total: 2months only coz I stopped...
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-04-19

https://www.youtube.com/user/Adelbert0923

Back to top Go down

How to play Moonlight Sonata 1st movement? Empty Re: How to play Moonlight Sonata 1st movement?

Post by Thomandy on Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:36 pm

Adelbert0923 wrote:How to play the 1st movement of Moonlight Sonata? Question confused Arrow

Like this:


Any other questions. Feel free to ask Wink
Thomandy
Thomandy
Moderator
Moderator

Male Number of posts : 2616
Age : 35
Location : Norway
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

How to play Moonlight Sonata 1st movement? Empty Re: How to play Moonlight Sonata 1st movement?

Post by maggiekedves on Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:21 am

thomandy wrote:
Adelbert0923 wrote:How to play the 1st movement of Moonlight Sonata? Question confused Arrow

Like this:


Any other questions. Feel free to ask Wink

Well he seems like an other candidate for playing piano in his dreams too..bounce
How can you learn all the 88 keys? Rolling Eyes
I only have 10 fingers and if I move them away I cant possibly figure out where are they landing on the piano next time...
I try not to look sometimes... but more than one key distance from my original position and I am lost without looking.
Any thoughts on that?
maggiekedves
maggiekedves
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Female Number of posts : 603
Age : 120
Location : Salt Lake City
Job/hobbies : SLCC student - Nursing ////// music is like air
Length of time playing piano : 10 months ( time is running :) )
Guru Points : 2
Registration date : 2008-03-06

https://www.youtube.com/user/maggiekedves

Back to top Go down

How to play Moonlight Sonata 1st movement? Empty Re: How to play Moonlight Sonata 1st movement?

Post by Admin Andrew on Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:27 am

maggiekedves wrote:
thomandy wrote:
Adelbert0923 wrote:How to play the 1st movement of Moonlight Sonata? Question confused Arrow

Like this:


Any other questions. Feel free to ask Wink

Well he seems like an other candidate for playing piano in his dreams too..bounce
How can you learn all the 88 keys? Rolling Eyes
I only have 10 fingers and if I move them away I cant possibly figure out where are they landing on the piano next time...
I try not to look sometimes... but more than one key distance from my original position and I am lost without looking.
Any thoughts on that?

When you've got jumps that you need to do without looking you've just got to practise going between those jumps OVER and OVER while you stare at your hands. then evenually try doing the leap while glancing away every once and a while, try to see the distance between the keys in your mind after awhile the muscle memory in your arms will be accurate enough to help your fingers land on the space of a single key!

_________________
"Those who bring sunshine to the lives of other's cannot keep it from themselves."

How to play Moonlight Sonata 1st movement? Piano_10
Take care,

Andrew Furmanczyk :: http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca :: http://ca.youtube.com/user/lypur
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1277
Age : 33
Location : Prince George, British Columbia, Canada
Job/hobbies : Piano teacher, pianist
Length of time playing piano : Started in 1992; 17 years of playing.
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-02-22

http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

How to play Moonlight Sonata 1st movement? Empty Re: How to play Moonlight Sonata 1st movement?

Post by maggiekedves on Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:30 am

Admin Andrew wrote:
maggiekedves wrote:
thomandy wrote:
Adelbert0923 wrote:How to play the 1st movement of Moonlight Sonata? Question confused Arrow

Like this:


Any other questions. Feel free to ask Wink

Well he seems like an other candidate for playing piano in his dreams too..bounce
How can you learn all the 88 keys? Rolling Eyes
I only have 10 fingers and if I move them away I cant possibly figure out where are they landing on the piano next time...
I try not to look sometimes... but more than one key distance from my original position and I am lost without looking.
Any thoughts on that?

When you've got jumps that you need to do without looking you've just got to practise going between those jumps OVER and OVER while you stare at your hands. then evenually try doing the leap while glancing away every once and a while, try to see the distance between the keys in your mind after awhile the muscle memory in your arms will be accurate enough to help your fingers land on the space of a single key!

Wooooow you are fast... Smile)) Thanks ... I know muscle memory is great... in many way... I just did not developped it for the piano... yet
So far with looking at my fingers it is working but as soon as I dont look it is a disaster, I never hit the same keys...
How long does it take a person to achieve that? Did your student reach this level?
maggiekedves
maggiekedves
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Female Number of posts : 603
Age : 120
Location : Salt Lake City
Job/hobbies : SLCC student - Nursing ////// music is like air
Length of time playing piano : 10 months ( time is running :) )
Guru Points : 2
Registration date : 2008-03-06

https://www.youtube.com/user/maggiekedves

Back to top Go down

How to play Moonlight Sonata 1st movement? Empty Re: How to play Moonlight Sonata 1st movement?

Post by Thomandy on Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:40 am

I do a small jump perfectly everytime now, it is almost an octave. And If I quickly look where Im going to land I hit on a dubbeloctavejump almost everytime. So for me it has been working just to practice it in the songs I need them. After reading Andrews post on some topic I have done:

"Placing the hand on the landingspot, and slowly do the motion to the place you start the jump" - This is also a nice aproach Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy
Moderator
Moderator

Male Number of posts : 2616
Age : 35
Location : Norway
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

How to play Moonlight Sonata 1st movement? Empty Re: How to play Moonlight Sonata 1st movement?

Post by VictorCS on Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:40 pm

I usually only look at left or right hand, never both at the same time, when I do a huge jump with the left, I watch left, when I do a huge jump with right, I watch right.

Just for fun, you should try playing some parts with closed eyes, I dont look at the keys all the time, because I dont need to.
VictorCS
VictorCS
Moderator
Moderator

Male Number of posts : 944
Location : Norway
Length of time playing piano : Started playing seriously in 2007, and been doing so since.
Guru Points : 18
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

How to play Moonlight Sonata 1st movement? Empty Re: How to play Moonlight Sonata 1st movement?

Post by Thomandy on Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:11 pm

VictorCS wrote:I usually only look at left or right hand, never both at the same time, when I do a huge jump with the left, I watch left, when I do a huge jump with right, I watch right.

Just for fun, you should try playing some parts with closed eyes, I dont look at the keys all the time, because I dont need to.

It is as you say here, one need to play. I only look where I need to look. Playing with eyes closed in songs, or parts of songs also increases the experience Smile So I agree with you on that, people will be better players if they, and for my self as well, with eye-closed-training Smile But Victor, when are you going to post a video Smile Would be fun to see you play. Think i wrote this some place else also, =)
Thomandy
Thomandy
Moderator
Moderator

Male Number of posts : 2616
Age : 35
Location : Norway
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

How to play Moonlight Sonata 1st movement? Empty Re: How to play Moonlight Sonata 1st movement?

Post by Adelbert0923 on Fri May 16, 2008 8:19 pm

thomandy wrote:
Adelbert0923 wrote:How to play the 1st movement of Moonlight Sonata? Question confused Arrow

Like this:


Any other questions. Feel free to ask Wink


I already seen this video on youtube many many times but the camera was not always focused on the hand coz' it not a tutorial.....
Adelbert0923
Adelbert0923
Advanced Pianist
Advanced Pianist

Male Number of posts : 96
Age : 27
Location : Cavite, Philippines
Job/hobbies : College
Length of time playing piano : Total: 2months only coz I stopped...
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-04-19

https://www.youtube.com/user/Adelbert0923

Back to top Go down

How to play Moonlight Sonata 1st movement? Empty Re: How to play Moonlight Sonata 1st movement?

Post by Thomandy on Fri May 16, 2008 9:18 pm

Hehe, well... I guess you should learn how to read notes. And then find the sheets, this is the easyest way. I used 2 hours understanding notes 5 months ago, and now I an play simple 1 gradesongs fairly okay by sightreading. It isnt so hard as you would think, then use the video as a guideline! Tutorials isnt the right way to go, it makes learning music harder in the long run... ! =)

www.pianonanny.com

Arrow http://www.pianonanny.com/start.html
Thomandy
Thomandy
Moderator
Moderator

Male Number of posts : 2616
Age : 35
Location : Norway
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

How to play Moonlight Sonata 1st movement? Empty Re: How to play Moonlight Sonata 1st movement?

Post by pianohama on Fri May 16, 2008 11:06 pm

thomandy wrote:
VictorCS wrote:I usually only look at left or right hand, never both at the same time, when I do a huge jump with the left, I watch left, when I do a huge jump with right, I watch right.

Just for fun, you should try playing some parts with closed eyes, I dont look at the keys all the time, because I dont need to.

It is as you say here, one need to play. I only look where I need to look. Playing with eyes closed in songs, or parts of songs also increases the experience Smile So I agree with you on that, people will be better players if they, and for my self as well, with eye-closed-training Smile But Victor, when are you going to post a video Smile Would be fun to see you play. Think i wrote this some place else also, =)


A good way to practice is by playing octaves of all the keys one by one, learn it without looking. Then try playing Perfect 5ths for all the keys without looking. This helps you get ALOT more accurate Smile


Edit: Sorry if i wasnt clear, but I meant that you should play and doing an octave jump or a perfect 5th jump. I did not mean that you should play them simultaneously Smile!
pianohama
pianohama
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Number of posts : 462
Guru Points : 3
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

How to play Moonlight Sonata 1st movement? Empty Re: How to play Moonlight Sonata 1st movement?

Post by Adelbert0923 on Sat May 17, 2008 4:24 pm

thomandy wrote:Hehe, well... I guess you should learn how to read notes. And then find the sheets, this is the easyest way. I used 2 hours understanding notes 5 months ago, and now I an play simple 1 gradesongs fairly okay by sightreading. It isnt so hard as you would think, then use the video as a guideline! Tutorials isnt the right way to go, it makes learning music harder in the long run... ! =)

www.pianonanny.com

Arrow http://www.pianonanny.com/start.html




Oh...thank you for your advise.....I appreciate it...
Adelbert0923
Adelbert0923
Advanced Pianist
Advanced Pianist

Male Number of posts : 96
Age : 27
Location : Cavite, Philippines
Job/hobbies : College
Length of time playing piano : Total: 2months only coz I stopped...
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-04-19

https://www.youtube.com/user/Adelbert0923

Back to top Go down

How to play Moonlight Sonata 1st movement? Empty Re: How to play Moonlight Sonata 1st movement?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum