Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Making a career out of music?

5 posters

Go down

Making a career out of music? Empty Making a career out of music?

Post by Egbert Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:42 am

Hi, there.
I am an aspiring pianist, who has taken years and years of piano lessons. I want to become a full-time professional piano player, much to the dismay of my parents who otherwise want me to take up a corporate career. I want help and wish to learn the nuances of being a pro musician so that I can mange my career in music professionally and earn a decent living out of it.

Egbert

Number of posts : 1
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2009-03-09

Back to top Go down

Making a career out of music? Empty Re: Making a career out of music?

Post by pianohama Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:48 am

Egbert wrote:Hi, there.
I am an aspiring pianist, who has taken years and years of piano lessons. I want to become a full-time professional piano player, much to the dismay of my parents who otherwise want me to take up a corporate career. I want help and wish to learn the nuances of being a pro musician so that I can mange my career in music professionally and earn a decent living out of it.

Well atm I am studying Nature Science / Physics at school at the same time while I'm doing music in my spare time. It's a good plan B incase the music career dont go as you may want it to. But theres not alot of time over to social stuff, but I try to find some time now and then Smile
pianohama
pianohama
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Number of posts : 462
Guru Points : 3
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Marnex Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:42 pm

Like he said^ it's good to have a sub plan for the future just in case. But don't let you parents decide your future, you can still be a pro musician if your determined Very Happy
Marnex
Marnex
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 210
Job/hobbies : Video games,computer, and piano
Length of time playing piano : Since 2008
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by VictorCS Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:46 am

It's not really a sub plan since getting paid by doing music is much more than just being a pro, just look at youtube how many great pianists and guitarists there are.

If you're lucky you'll end up making money, enough to live without doing anything else. But that chance is very slim, I actually do believe it's a bigegr chance of getting an actor career, but then again, you dont really earn much in any of those because actors and musicians arent paid that good. If you do it great in america, yes, then you'll earn a good amount, but in europe it's harder to make the big cash. Seems like you're actually better of becoming a laywer, atleast in the smaller countries. There was this guy on TV that sold houses for this company, and he earned alot, but he actually dropped this job because he didnt really like it, and got back into the actor career where the payment is kinda unstable, sometimes you get a job, sometimes not.

And about beeing social? Get some friends that do music to ^_^

Sure, I wanna write a radiohit, that would be fun Cool
VictorCS
VictorCS

Male Number of posts : 944
Length of time playing piano : Started playing seriously in 2007, and been doing so since.
Guru Points : 18
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Making a career out of music? Empty Making a career out of music?

Post by Casey Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:29 am

Hey,
I think I have a solution for you. Have you heard of Steve Nixon? He is a famous musician who is out to share his secrets of success with young strugglers like you. Visit the site

www.stevenixonmusic.net/careermentoring.cfm

and clear all your issues. This will surely help you in steering life and your career in the right direction.

Casey

Number of posts : 1
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Marnex Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:34 am

VictorCS wrote:It's not really a sub plan since getting paid by doing music is much more than just being a pro, just look at youtube how many great pianists and guitarists there are.

If you're lucky you'll end up making money, enough to live without doing anything else. But that chance is very slim, I actually do believe it's a bigegr chance of getting an actor career, but then again, you dont really earn much in any of those because actors and musicians arent paid that good. If you do it great in america, yes, then you'll earn a good amount, but in europe it's harder to make the big cash. Seems like you're actually better of becoming a laywer, atleast in the smaller countries. There was this guy on TV that sold houses for this company, and he earned alot, but he actually dropped this job because he didnt really like it, and got back into the actor career where the payment is kinda unstable, sometimes you get a job, sometimes not.

And about beeing social? Get some friends that do music to ^_^

Sure, I wanna write a radiohit, that would be fun Cool

Lol that's what I said. Didn't you read my post I said he should have a sub plan in case the music career doesn't work out.
Marnex
Marnex
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 210
Job/hobbies : Video games,computer, and piano
Length of time playing piano : Since 2008
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down