Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Never too old (or so they say !!! )

+4
Jordan
maggiekedves
VictorCS
Michaelxxx1936
8 posters

Go down

Never too old  (or so they say !!! ) Empty Never too old (or so they say !!! )

Post by Michaelxxx1936 Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:16 pm

Hi everyone. This is Michael from Leicester, in the UK. Basketball
I'm only 71 years old !! I'm retired and as I had always wanted to get some sort of sounds from a piano, I bought a keyboard about a year ago. I'm really pleased that I did and also that I found Andrew's YouTube site because I have to say how kind, considerate and encouraging he has been during my initial months of scales and my attempts at early-level songs. This is a super site and I look forward to keeping in touch via the forum from time to time. My best wishes to everyone with their lessons.
Oh well, back to the scales !!!! lol!

Michaelxxx1936
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Male Number of posts : 5
Job/hobbies : Retired
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-03-08

Back to top Go down

Never too old  (or so they say !!! ) Empty Re: Never too old (or so they say !!! )

Post by VictorCS Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:59 pm

The most impressive is the use of a computer,
71 year old and you're using the internet,
I've only seen a few of those.

As you're retired you've got lots of time to play to. Very Happy
VictorCS
VictorCS

Male Number of posts : 944
Length of time playing piano : Started playing seriously in 2007, and been doing so since.
Guru Points : 18
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Never too old  (or so they say !!! ) Empty Re: Never too old (or so they say !!! )

Post by maggiekedves Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:50 am

Michaelxxx1936 wrote:Hi everyone. This is Michael from Leicester, in the UK. Basketball
I'm only 71 years old !! I'm retired and as I had always wanted to get some sort of sounds from a piano, I bought a keyboard about a year ago. I'm really pleased that I did and also that I found Andrew's YouTube site because I have to say how kind, considerate and encouraging he has been during my initial months of scales and my attempts at early-level songs. This is a super site and I look forward to keeping in touch via the forum from time to time. My best wishes to everyone with their lessons.

Welcome Michael !
Nice that you show us youth internet is not only our playground.
Learning the piano is the best braintraining for people of your age, I would advertise it more in the media so people would know they need to keep their brain in shape. study
I recently convinced my mother-in-law who is a little younger than you to buy a keyboard. First she was sceptical but now she loves it. bounce
Hope to see your comments and questions on the forum, good luck on learning
flower
maggiekedves
maggiekedves
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Female Number of posts : 603
Job/hobbies : SLCC student - Nursing ////// music is like air
Length of time playing piano : 10 months ( time is running :) )
Guru Points : 2
Registration date : 2008-03-06

https://www.youtube.com/user/maggiekedves

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:41 am

Michaelxxx1936 wrote:Hi everyone. This is Michael from Leicester, in the UK. Basketball

Wow... it's a pleasure to meet you! It's really amazing that you're using the internet and posting on a forum.
Jordan
Jordan

Male Number of posts : 244
Job/hobbies : Music, piano
Length of time playing piano : I've been playing on and off since I was 8 years old
Registration date : 2008-02-23

http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:57 pm

Heyy Michael!!! cheers

WELCOME aboard! ^_^ I'm happy to have you! I've missed hearing from you in your emails Smile hopefully we can keep in better touch on the forum here! ^_^ Feel free to post as much as you like and ask questions! ^_^ take care man!
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1277
Job/hobbies : Piano teacher, pianist
Length of time playing piano : Started in 1992; 17 years of playing.
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaelxxx1936 Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:14 pm

Thanks Andrew. yes I agree - it would probably be better to chat via the Forums from now on. I know you had got to a stage where you had been getting lots of emails and that this had become rather time-consuming. You are such a popular and friendly guy you see. Anyway, it's really nice to be able to share comments with ALL the super folk currently chatting and settling into your new site. Hope you enjoyed your holiday. See you on here from time to time. Basketball
bounce

Michaelxxx1936
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:01 am

Michaelxxx1936 wrote:Thanks Andrew. yes I agree - it would probably be better to chat via the Forums from now on. I know you had got to a stage where you had been getting lots of emails and that this had become rather time-consuming. You are such a popular and friendly guy you see. Anyway, it's really nice to be able to share comments with ALL the super folk currently chatting and settling into your new site. Hope you enjoyed your holiday. See you on here from time to time. Basketball
bounce

Yea! i'm looking forward to seeing you on the forums! Smile
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1277
Job/hobbies : Piano teacher, pianist
Length of time playing piano : Started in 1992; 17 years of playing.
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by samnguyen Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:03 am

Hi Michael - Hope you dont mind me calling you by your first name.

Wow !Wow! Wow!How impressive. I am also starting piano late but surely not as late as you. I have gained so many benefits since taking up piano lessons. Now I am an advocate for piano. Whenever I have an opportunity to talk about piano - the first thing I would say to people is "you have to take up piano lessons".

Michael, I would be interested in knowing how piano has changed your life at this particular age or whether or not there have been any benefits since taking up piano?

As for me, the first word that comes to my mind is therapeutic.

Anyhow, nice meeting you here.

Sam Nguyen - Brisbane Australia
samnguyen
samnguyen

Male Number of posts : 2
Length of time playing piano : 16 MONTHS

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaelxxx1936 Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:01 pm

Hi Sam sunny Thank you for posting to me. I guess I have always been interested in learning to play the piano but of course with the usual family commitments and job etc. the time just seemed to go by so quickly. Now in retirement I do to have better control of the Time element and can at last choose, to a certain degree, just what to do with it. I started my retirement with a Flight Simulator as I wanted to have some sort of contact with the Internet and not lose out on all of that completely. Then, when I had that more or less sorted and still looking for new horizons I bought myself a keyboard . I soon discovered Andrew's You-Tube page and followed his lessons and more recently moved on to this super site and look forward to mixing a bit with younger folk, whilst SLOWLY learning to play some simple songs. Of course, at my age I certainly don't expect to go much further than the basics, but I do hope to achieve being able to play some decent popular stuff in due course and I know that I shall get great satisfaction from that. This has all changed my life quite a bit really. Beats just "Pipe and Slippers" for retirement anyway. I wish you all the best in your own lessons and I hope that you are experiencing a happy life.
Regards. Michael Basketball

Michaelxxx1936
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:45 pm

Hi Michael Smile Nice to se a new and reflected member here Smile
Well, Im cinda new to, but I guess all of us are since this is a pretty new forum Smile But, welcome. Hope you enjoy the stay as much as I do Smile
Be sure to upload you performance if you get the opertunity Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Male Number of posts : 2616
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Phobik2000 Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:19 am

Welcome Michael! Post away and enjoy the stay!

P.S.: If you any questions, feel free to lay them, if everyone else fails, Maggie will get the job done What a Face
Phobik2000
Phobik2000
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 150
Job/hobbies : IT
Registration date : 2008-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiekedves Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:47 am

phobik2000 wrote:Welcome Michael! Post away and enjoy the stay!

P.S.: If you any questions, feel free to lay them, if everyone else fails, Maggie will get the job done What a Face

Thanks for the faith in me Very Happy but if everyone else fails I think Andrew should be the expert to answer. ( Depends what the question is LOL)
maggiekedves
maggiekedves
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Female Number of posts : 603
Job/hobbies : SLCC student - Nursing ////// music is like air
Length of time playing piano : 10 months ( time is running :) )
Guru Points : 2

https://www.youtube.com/user/maggiekedves

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum