Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sometimes, don't you feel you suck at it?

5 posters

Go down

Sometimes, don't you feel you suck at it? Empty Sometimes, don't you feel you suck at it?

Post by ramaral Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:47 pm

For the love of the gods. Today, definitely, is not a good piano day. I can't even play a major scale without hitting a wrong key, or failing to hit a key at all. I've been playing Für Elise since Friday (the first 5/6 bars were beginning to sound ok yesterday) and today I can't do it without doing something wrong. I feel like I wanna smash my piano but then it's not its fault...
Today after arriving home I sat at the piano various times and tried it after several breaks. It's just not going today. silent
But I'll try once again in a few hours!!! Yes I will, mister piano. Twisted Evil

What do you guys usually do in this kind of situation? bounce
ramaral
ramaral
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Male Number of posts : 14
Job/hobbies : Greek/Latin
Length of time playing piano : Since January 2009
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Back to top Go down

Sometimes, don't you feel you suck at it? Empty Re: Sometimes, don't you feel you suck at it?

Post by Amro Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:15 pm

Heheh ..
Yeah .. this happen to me sometimes ..

But the only thing I can say is : Try to relax from any life stresses & Play piano when you are in the best Mood Wink
Amro
Amro
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 340
Job/hobbies : Graphics, Internet & Piano
Length of time playing piano : 2 Years of Trying but seriously from 4 Mnths.
Guru Points : 3
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

Sometimes, don't you feel you suck at it? Empty Re: Sometimes, don't you feel you suck at it?

Post by Thomandy Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:06 pm

Amro wrote:Try to relax from any life stresses & Play piano when you are in the best Mood Wink

I would also recommend playing when you are in a bad mood, sad mood, angry mood ect and try to feel how this
impact your playing, and then it might be easier to find that mood when you are playing pieces that needs you to
create a searten feel and mood Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Male Number of posts : 2616
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by VictorCS Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:29 pm

I cant play piano when angry, fear what I will do to it, and at the same time, I dont really play any well when i'm angry anyway.
VictorCS
VictorCS

Male Number of posts : 944
Length of time playing piano : Started playing seriously in 2007, and been doing so since.
Guru Points : 18
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Aigle Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:04 pm

If you feel that you can't play take a break and try again after 2-3 hours, and Thomandy was right, playing while you are sad/angry or very excited is something remarkable. I played after some victories in handball and one defeat Sad (World handball championship in Croatia) and it really helps, like you can feel what you are playing
Aigle
Aigle
Advanced Pianist
Advanced Pianist

Male Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2008-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:22 pm

Aigle wrote:If you feel that you can't play take a break and try again after 2-3 hours, and Thomandy was right, playing while you are sad/angry or very excited is something remarkable. I played after some victories in handball and one defeat Sad (World handball championship in Croatia) and it really helps, like you can feel what you are playing

Yeah! Smile

And to bad about the loss in the finals! But France was better this time!
And great arrangement Smile Only negative thing is that when the Croatian Public realized they had lost, they started
trowing things on the French players and bench!! Like the Macedonians did on the Norwegians in their match. Thats not
so good!! Razz
Thomandy
Thomandy

Male Number of posts : 2616
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Amro Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:43 am

Thomandy wrote:And to bad about the loss in the finals! But France was better this time!
And great arrangement Smile Only negative thing is that when the Croatian Public realized they had lost, they started
trowing things on the French players and bench!! Like the Macedonians did on the Norwegians in their match. Thats not
so good!! Razz

Ooh ..
I didn't watch the match ..
I wish I had watched it Razz
Amro
Amro
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 340
Job/hobbies : Graphics, Internet & Piano
Length of time playing piano : 2 Years of Trying but seriously from 4 Mnths.
Guru Points : 3
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Aigle Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:26 pm

It was pretty tense but the last 15 minutes were really bad for Croatia, so they beat us, but yeah, they were better
Aigle
Aigle
Advanced Pianist
Advanced Pianist

Male Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2008-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down