Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bad piano teacher :( ruining confidence

+9
tomomimorgan
Phobik2000
Pianokid220
VictorCS
Amro
Admin Andrew
Thomandy
Christian
ElinLouisa
13 posters

Go down

Bad piano teacher :( ruining confidence Empty Bad piano teacher :( ruining confidence

Post by ElinLouisa Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:56 pm

yesterday i went to my second piano lesson and the teacher was very rude to me right from the start. i was a bit early and i rang the door bell and couldnt hear the noise of it so i knocked on the door i thought she didnt hear me so i stood there. 5 minutes later she came and opened the door dumped a chair at my feet and walked away without saying anything, then she came back and said that i shouldnt bang on the door and ring the bell :S i was like o....k. sorry.
a couple of days before i went to the lesson i managed to learn a grade 1 piece all by myself and i was veryy excited so i brought the book to the lesson to show her. when i brought the book out she was laughing. then when she told me to play the piece she was laughing as i was playing, so i was nervous with shaking and couldnt play it, i felt like an idiot. ok i need to work on my confidence but ive only been playing since the 1st january (its my new years resolution to learn) im a bit upset because i paid her a terms worth of lessons , (and she was nice to me the first lesson when i was handing her the money No) so i couldnt really speak out and to add insult to injury she was laughing as she was closing the door on me on the way out! Mad now im a bit less confident and today ive hardly played the piano. arghhhh i dont know what to do .i was wondering can you enter yourself for the exams and learn on your own with friends?
ElinLouisa
ElinLouisa
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Female Number of posts : 8
Job/hobbies : teaching, drawing, music, reading, stargazing and physics :D
Length of time playing piano : 15 days!
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

Bad piano teacher :( ruining confidence Empty Re: Bad piano teacher :( ruining confidence

Post by Christian Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:31 pm

Well. Be blunt.

You dont pay her to treat you like crap and to crush your confidence.
Tell her to treat you with respect or you will find someone else.

Trying to find the right teacher can be a difficult process. (Or so Ive heard.)

Remember to belive in yourself, no matter what others tell you.

Christian
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 121
Job/hobbies : The Irish Drinking Song!
Length of time playing piano : A serious pianist since midsummer 2008!
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Back to top Go down

Bad piano teacher :( ruining confidence Empty Re: Bad piano teacher :( ruining confidence

Post by ElinLouisa Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:50 pm

Christian wrote:Well. Be blunt.

haha thanks and believe me i wanted to tell her where to shove her piano i will lol! butttttttt i paid alot of money! damn i cant wait till those 10 weeks are up. Twisted Evil
ElinLouisa
ElinLouisa
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:26 pm

Christian wrote:Well. Be blunt.

I second that Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Male Number of posts : 2616
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:31 am

Yea, there are some really mean inconsiderate teachers out there. They give a bad name to piano, and they're doing a dis service to music.

I'd look for another teacher. If you can't find anyone you like then learn on your own. You don't need a teacher to enter yourself into anything at all.

I'm sorry it's been so rough for you. Don't let someone's bad attitude ruin the joy you have inside for music. That would be a true shame and a waste of something beautiful.
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1277
Job/hobbies : Piano teacher, pianist
Length of time playing piano : Started in 1992; 17 years of playing.
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-02-22

http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:27 am

Admin Andrew wrote:Yea, there are some really mean inconsiderate teachers out there. They give a bad name to piano, and they're doing a dis service to music.

I'd look for another teacher. If you can't find anyone you like then learn on your own. You don't need a teacher to enter yourself into anything at all.

I'm sorry it's been so rough for you. Don't let someone's bad attitude ruin the joy you have inside for music. That would be a true shame and a waste of something beautiful.

Second this to Smile

That chair-thing just seamed .... Evil Evil or Very Mad
... but try to find another teacher. Laughing at someone when they play, what is that bull****... Makes me angry Mad
Thomandy
Thomandy

Male Number of posts : 2616
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by ElinLouisa Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:16 pm

Admin Andrew wrote:Yea, there are some really mean inconsiderate teachers out there. They give a bad name to piano, and they're doing a dis service to music.

thanks you made me feel better Very Happy she is so mean! o.O i just hope that she doesnt treat young children like that becuase it will easily put them off the instrument, and dont worry i wont be a mean inconsiderate teacher when i become a primary school teacher in a couple of years ^_^ your teaching method is interesting and i might use it when i teach . and yea ill probably just self teach, i dont want to be a professional just be able to play it because i lovee music and i can play in the school for the kids aswell Smile
ElinLouisa
ElinLouisa
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by ElinLouisa Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:21 pm

Thomandy wrote:

Second this to Smile

That chair-thing just seamed .... Evil Evil or Very Mad
... but try to find another teacher. Laughing at someone when they play, what is that bull****... Makes me angry Mad
i know!! haha i think shes just like that to me because she was alright to the people before and after me Sad maybe she sees me as some typical softy primary school teacher. darn it. next week ill bring my french/algerian side and go RAHHHHHHH lol!
and by the way, ive seen some of your videos o.O and youve only been playing 8 months? are you self taught? can you give me some tips ? hahahaha ^_^
ElinLouisa
ElinLouisa
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Amro Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:38 pm

Thomandy wrote:Laughing at someone when they play, what is that bull****... Makes me angry Mad

Yep, as all said, find another teacher ..

You should Enjoy Playing Piano & wait for your teacher to complete your regaling ..
and not ruin the enjoyment of Playing Music ..

Evil or Very Mad I Hate this Teacher Evil or Very Mad
Amro
Amro
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 340
Job/hobbies : Graphics, Internet & Piano
Length of time playing piano : 2 Years of Trying but seriously from 4 Mnths.
Guru Points : 3
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Amro Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:43 pm

ElinLouisa wrote:and by the way, ive seen some of your videos o.O and youve only been playing 8 months? are you self taught? can you give me some tips ? hahahaha ^_^

Yup, this is Thomas, I think he is the best self-taught Person in the forum .. ooh in the world ..
8 Months of Playing --> but he plays like a Pro "Who played for 8 Years" Very Happy

mmm .. Tips & Tricks --> I'll leave this to Thomas + Andrew talked about this in one of his lessons I think ..
Amro
Amro
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by VictorCS Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:28 pm

If you had lived in the US you could've just sued the teacher. ^_^

But I believe I would've claimed my money back, and I would never force myself to take another lessons from that creature anymore. You wont learn much from them anyway. As you wont really focus on the lesson.

If one cant adjust itself to the individual student, one cant really be a good teacher. And if this teacher didnt want you to use the bell, why does she has a bell? This would anyway cause a conflict, because she dont like knocking nor the ring bell Smile

You actually paid for several lessons? I dont know how Andrew does it, but I would've charged for each lesson.

Self taught is better than a bad teacher, aslong as we got Andrew Cool
VictorCS
VictorCS

Male Number of posts : 944
Length of time playing piano : Started playing seriously in 2007, and been doing so since.
Guru Points : 18
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Amro Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:35 pm

VictorCS wrote:aslong as we got Andrew Cool

Hehe, Yeah .. Just Practice with ANDREW cheers
Amro
Amro
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:56 pm

Amro wrote:
VictorCS wrote:aslong as we got Andrew Cool

Hehe, Yeah .. Just Practice with ANDREW cheers

hahaha... aww guys Smile you're too kind!
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1277
Job/hobbies : Piano teacher, pianist
Length of time playing piano : Started in 1992; 17 years of playing.
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-02-22

http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Pianokid220 Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:31 pm

I had the same problem
frist I had only one lesson with a techer and I hated it so I go t a new
and I went thourgh 5 techers
and finally I found one
Pianokid220
Pianokid220
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 179
Job/hobbies : pEOPLE ARE MEAN
Length of time playing piano : WHY PLEASE DELETE ME ACCOUNT NOW
Registration date : 2008-07-15

https://www.youtube.com/aclyde15greenc

Back to top Go down

Post by Phobik2000 Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:32 pm

Did you sign a contract saying that your money is lost, or did it state any obligations? Do you have a receipt? contracts need to be oblidged, like paying for a service and delivering a service she is failing to do.

Tell her how you feel and ask your money back, politely. If she refuses or acts like a moron tell her you'll get legal action envolved, and search for it, I don't know about UK, but i believe there should be resources for this.
Sometimes the only way to clean ou the garbadge is by doing it ourselves.
Phobik2000
Phobik2000
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 150
Job/hobbies : IT
Registration date : 2008-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by tomomimorgan Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:10 pm

Gosh, what an attitude! I sincerely hope you just caught her on a bad day or something, because I can't honestly believe someone who's supposed to be a teacher could be so mean!! I agree with everyone else, try and find someone else!!
tomomimorgan
tomomimorgan
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Female Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by kwesifriends Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:32 am

Maybe I'm already late maybe forget the teacher and find another one. There are lots of teacher out there waiting for a willing student not like your present teacher. Maybe she just want a money so forget her. Twisted Evil
kwesifriends
kwesifriends
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 139
Job/hobbies : Student, Bookaholic, Piano, Violin
Length of time playing piano : 10 months
Registration date : 2008-06-08

http://kwesifriends.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by yu58 Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:46 am

Ugh, that's really low of her. Worse is she's a teacher, one that is supposed to guide you and all.

Make sure to make her life a living hell after the lessons Twisted Evil

yu58
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Male Number of posts : 7
Job/hobbies : Games, TV, travelling, some books, math, engineering related stuff... and piano of course
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparrow Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:34 am

lemme tell u, the last thing u want to do is stick with a teacher who makes you uncomfortable. i did for five years, and ive never hated anything like i hated the piano for all those years. if i hadnt stumbled upon my current teacher, i would not be playing today. i still hold a huge grudge against my evil teacher, too.

Sparrow
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Female Number of posts : 14
Job/hobbies : music in general, especially piano and singing; art, my favorite is scratch art
Length of time playing piano : Since i was five, so twelve years, but only nine years of lessons
Registration date : 2008-11-13

Back to top Go down

Post by kentaku_sama Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:52 pm

I would of demandingly asked what her problem is and why are you treating your student this way!! Then if she got mad about me asking questions like why are you being rude I'd get even more mad at her. If anything you she should be glad you could play that piece. Dang I'm lucky my piano teacher never gets mad and is so kind and she has a dog. ^_^ She's impressed when I play anything out of level. And if I make a mistake on the lesson she calmly corrects me.
kentaku_sama
kentaku_sama
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 155
Job/hobbies : Manga, Drawing, Music, Japanese Language
Length of time playing piano : 3 or 4 years seriously
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down