Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new to the piano: would you help me, please?

Go down

new to the piano: would you help me, please? Empty new to the piano: would you help me, please?

Post by alien Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:25 pm

Hi,

I study the violin and the guitar, and now the piano.

I'm using the Suzuki method for the piano (it's for children, and I'm 39, but it was available). I knew Suzuki, because of their violin methods (I use them, too).

Do you know this method? What do you think of it?

For the moment, I'm practicing the music in the book. There are no scales, etc. Just music. The music's nice, because it starts gradually.

I'm wondering if I should do other things besides working on the music (scales, Hanon, etc.). If so, how should I divide my practicing time? I'm a beginner, really.

I know some music theory and whenever I find something new, I look it over, but I don't have problems there.

Thank you very much for any help, and thank you, Andrew, for your videos! It's really generous of you!!

Editing: Now I'm also studying the Chopin prelude op.28 n.4. It's easy and beautiful. I've also gotten Satie Gnossienne 1, but I'm just starting it now.

Last edited by alien on Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I've editing because I've changed the way I'm studying and I wanted to adapt the post.)

alien

Number of posts : 3
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down