Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello from Fort Drum, NY!

2 posters

Go down

Hello from Fort Drum, NY! Empty Hello from Fort Drum, NY!

Post by ACampbell Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:29 pm

Hi from snowy Upstate NY! I'm Ashley, and we were stationed here at Fort Drum, NY with the Army last February. I'm 23 with 3 children (4 if you want to count my husband...which you could sometimes)
I had some basic lessons in the piano as a child, but ditched it for playing in band (Clarinet). Big mistake! I wish I had known that at the time, but what 11 year old wants to practice for hours on the piano?

Anyway, I saw on Craigslist a piano, for free. I HAD to have it. I'm not sure why, but within 4 hours I had rented a moving trailer for my truck and was driving down to get it. I called a few friends to help me move it (it took 4 of us to get it on a trailer...3 soldiers and myself!) I didn't realize how much these things weigh. So I got it home and in the house then started doing a bit of research because it looked old. It's a C. Kurtzmann & Co and according to the serial number was probably made around 1920 or a bit earlier...kind of hard to tell though.

So, while I can play basics and I can read music (well, trebel clef, I'm working on the bass clef) I thought now is the time for me to improve my skills!
ACampbell
ACampbell

Female Number of posts : 1
Job/hobbies : SAHM/Vet tech.
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-12-16

Back to top Go down

Hello from Fort Drum, NY! Empty Re: Hello from Fort Drum, NY!

Post by Thomandy Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:22 am

Hi Smile Please feel free to ask what you want and Browse the Forum for info Smile There are lots of info and theory here Smile And lots of other things as well. Feel free also to use the Performanceforum, where you can post your performances Smile

Welcome Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Male Number of posts : 2616
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down