Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello Everyone

4 posters

Go down

Hello Everyone Empty Hello Everyone

Post by Sable_smiles Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:50 am

Hey there! My name is Mae and I am a 25 year old student living in Houston, TX. I am half Dutch and half German, but I've been in the U.S for sixteen years.

I don't play piano right now, but I would really, really love to. I've been strongly considering it for the past four or five months and am trying to learn as much about it as possible. I've really enjoyed Andrew's videos, and am hoping to learn more from all of you! I love you
Sable_smiles
Sable_smiles
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Female Number of posts : 24
Job/hobbies : Student who likes drawing, music, animals, cars, computers, philosophy, and being girly
Length of time playing piano : Haven't started yet
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-11-22

Back to top Go down

Hello Everyone Empty Re: Hello Everyone

Post by Amro Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:38 am

WELCOME

Hope you a Fast & Quick Learning Very Happy
Amro
Amro
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 340
Job/hobbies : Graphics, Internet & Piano
Length of time playing piano : 2 Years of Trying but seriously from 4 Mnths.
Guru Points : 3
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:08 am

Hey there! Welcome to the forum ^_^

What are you studying? Have you seen all my videos? Why and why not do you want to play piano? Smile
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1277
Job/hobbies : Piano teacher, pianist
Length of time playing piano : Started in 1992; 17 years of playing.
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-02-22

http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:06 pm

Hi Smile And welcome! Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Male Number of posts : 2616
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sable_smiles Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:02 am

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

Well, let's see, I still don't know what kind of career I want to have, but since it was time I started something I chose to go to school to become a registered nurse. The program is fast so I plan to finish and support myself with nursing while I return to school to pursue whatever it is I really want to do.

I haven't seen all your videos yet, Andrew, but I am working through your library. I want to take a second to thank you for all of your hard work and for just being so giving of yourself! I don't really know what else to say, hehe, but I'm just really impressed with you and happy that you took the time to make your great videos and this forum.

Ironically, I used to neither pay attention to the piano nor classical music. I played cello for seven years, but the way I learned wasn't very dynamic or fun so I quit.

My interest in piano really started before I even knew it. Though I am a really creative person I never knew how to translate my creativity into playing music. My love of classical music is still budding, but my library includes jazz, 80s, 90s, metal, industrial, EBM, classic rock, alternative rock, drum and bass, ambient, experimental, electro, classic country,hip hop, and on and on. I'm almost always listening to music. I've always been looking for an instrument with a repertoire as versatile as my musical taste.

This is one of the things I love about the piano. There is so much out there to choose from. I also love the range of octaves, the largest of all instruments if I am not mistaken. I love that it is essentially a percussion instrument that sings. I love how your left hand in combination with your right hand can make beautifully complex rythms and sounds. Hehe, there really isn't anything I don't love about the piano, except for the fact that I can't carry it with me. Laughing
Sable_smiles
Sable_smiles
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Job/hobbies : Student who likes drawing, music, animals, cars, computers, philosophy, and being girly

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:04 am

What a wonderful reply! You're a very impressive person! It seems you have a genuine love for music! If I've been able to help things along for you at all, I'm completely thrilled!

Also thank you for you very kind words! I know you say I've been giving, but we ALL have something to give, and if we hold it inside ourselves it benefits NO ONE, not even ourselves. So whatever you have inside you! Give it freely to others! Who knows what place the world would be if we could all do this.
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1277
Job/hobbies : Piano teacher, pianist
Length of time playing piano : Started in 1992; 17 years of playing.
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-02-22

http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Sable_smiles Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:50 pm

Admin Andrew wrote:Also thank you for you very kind words! I know you say I've been giving, but we ALL have something to give, and if we hold it inside ourselves it benefits NO ONE, not even ourselves. So whatever you have inside you! Give it freely to others! Who knows what place the world would be if we could all do this.

You're welcome! Very Happy

I think about that quite often; if we could all just be more kind, giving, and less afraid to be ourselves the world might be a much better place. It seems like that's the core reason why humanity as a whole is so unhappy. I'm oversimplifying it though. Plus I also have many personal things to work out before I can even start looking at the big picture of humanity, but maybe that's part of the problem too.

Ok...I'll stop my armchair philosophying at that, hehe.
Sable_smiles
Sable_smiles
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum