Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi from Montana

3 posters

Go down

Hi from Montana Empty Hi from Montana

Post by Sparrow Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:02 am

Hi, I'm sparrow, and I live in a small town of western Montana. I've played the piano since I was five and have been taking lessons since I was eight. I hated playing the piano with a fiery passion until I was fifteen, because my teacher and I didn't get along. At one point, he told me I would never get anywhere with music. Obviously, the guy couldn't recognize a talented individual when he saw one. I switched teachers and started playing different music, and now, music is my life. I spent at least two hours practicing every day. I also discovered that I love to sing, maybe as much as I love to play the piano. My absolute greatest fear is being the center of attention, but I'm learning to live with it, and am hoping to someday be a choir director and piano teacher. I figured that as long as I was reinventing myself and attempting impossible feats, one more challenge wouldn't make much of a difference, so I'm taking an art class, and I actually really love it. I love finding ways to express myself other than words, because I've never been very good at speaking. I also love animals. I grew up with them. We have horses, sheep, rabbits, a parakeet, a dog, a cat, and fish. Each year I take care of the orphaned and bum lambs. I love it, even though it means I get almost no sleep for a few weeks. I want to be a music teacher because it was music teachers, especially my piano teacher and choir director, who showed me how I could use music to take control of my life and use it for something, instead of floating along, lost, like I was before.

Sparrow
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Female Number of posts : 14
Job/hobbies : music in general, especially piano and singing; art, my favorite is scratch art
Length of time playing piano : Since i was five, so twelve years, but only nine years of lessons
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-11-13

Back to top Go down

Hi from Montana Empty Re: Hi from Montana

Post by Thomandy Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:58 am

Hi there Smile Ahw, 12 years on a piano hey?! Thats great, I guess you are pretty good then??? Then You have to post some performances in the performance-topic Wink It would be really cool to watch Smile

Welcome to the forum, be sure to use it a lot and also share your knowledge Smile

Thomas
Thomandy
Thomandy

Male Number of posts : 2616
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparrow Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:00 am

I'd love to post a video, but I get really nervous performing, especially recording, so I've never been able to make a video before.
-Sparrow

Sparrow
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Female Number of posts : 14
Job/hobbies : music in general, especially piano and singing; art, my favorite is scratch art
Length of time playing piano : Since i was five, so twelve years, but only nine years of lessons
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-11-13

Back to top Go down

Post by VictorCS Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:35 am

Just keep recording it till it gets right, and suddenly you have it down. Usually it's not the nerves, but the muscle memory that fails.
Lets say you are nervous, and that affects how you think, and this will affect how you drive down a gravel road.
You need to focus only on the driving, you cant think about what can get wrong.

I really hate that I usually mess up at the last part of a recording, just because I get nervous because I dont wanna screw up in the end.
But this will go away, and especially if the piece you play is 100%. It's better to drive on asphalt than gravel.

( and we all are waitin for my videos on youtube ^_^ )
VictorCS
VictorCS

Male Number of posts : 944
Length of time playing piano : Started playing seriously in 2007, and been doing so since.
Guru Points : 18
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down