Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New song??

4 posters

Go down

New song?? Empty New song??

Post by NightMizer Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:57 am

Hey people!! first post...
pretty good looking site Wink
so I'm looking here for help to find a new song to learn
any recommendations??

so i learned the toccata in Toccata and Fugue
and that wasn't too bad except I only have the organ version so I had to change a couple parts
tried Fantaisie Impromptu by Chopin and that didn't go so well
and now I'm going to learn Debussy's Dr Gradus Ad Parnassum
but I'm looking for something in the Toccata and Fugue level without the counter melody
I usually like the darker style found in various Bach pieces but with the beauty and flow of Chopin and Debussy

sorry...kind of a lot to ask for...i guess I'm sort of picky
well thanx in advance to anyone who responds Very Happy

NightMizer
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Male Number of posts : 8
Length of time playing piano : 6 months
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

New song?? Empty Re: New song??

Post by Jordan Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:06 am

The easy version of the 1st movement from Mozart Serenade No. 13 in G Major "Eine Kleine Nachtmusik" would be a great piece for you to start learning. I have no idea of what your abilities are when you play piano, especially if you've only been playing for 5 months, but you could definitely try it out.
Jordan
Jordan

Male Number of posts : 244
Job/hobbies : Music, piano
Length of time playing piano : I've been playing on and off since I was 8 years old
Registration date : 2008-02-23

http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by NightMizer Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:27 am

maybe a bit more in the intermediate range
i already had to learn that exact piece a couple months ago for my teacher
i've been playing longer if you count Andrews lessons which i guess i started in about July 07
sorry for not specifying the difficulty

NightMizer
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by VictorCS Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:13 am

Canon in D..... Maybe not, you want the dark style Sad
VictorCS
VictorCS

Male Number of posts : 944
Length of time playing piano : Started playing seriously in 2007, and been doing so since.
Guru Points : 18
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:14 pm

NightMizer wrote:maybe a bit more in the intermediate range
i've been playing longer if you count Andrews lessons which i guess i started in about July 07

No problem buddy. Although, Eine Kleine Nachtmusik doesn't have a "dark" type of mood. If you've already learned that piece you can try learning the 1st mvt. of Chopin Piano Sonata No. 2 in B-flat minor, Op. 35 "Funeral March". It shouldn't be hard, and it's a powerful piece in my opinion - gives me the chills. Another piece would be Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata, but I'm pretty sure that you've probably learned that already. Thats all I could think of at the moment. All the other pieces that are popping up in my mind would probably be a bit too difficult for you.

Are you taking lessons at a conservatory or are you being self taught?
Jordan
Jordan

Length of time playing piano : I've been playing on and off since I was 8 years old

Back to top Go down

Post by NightMizer Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:24 pm

Jordan wrote:

No problem buddy. Although, Eine Kleine Nachtmusik doesn't have a "dark" type of mood. If you've already learned that piece you can try learning the 1st mvt. of Chopin Piano Sonata No. 2 in B-flat minor, Op. 35 "Funeral March". It shouldn't be hard, and it's a powerful piece in my opinion - gives me the chills. Another piece would be Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata, but I'm pretty sure that you've probably learned that already. Thats all I could think of at the moment. All the other pieces that are popping up in my mind would probably be a bit too difficult for you.

I'm taking private lessons after spending the summer trying to teach myself which is where I first learned about this place...well Andrew's lessons.
Which I suprised my teacher with. He thought I had taken lessons before...so that was pretty cool.

Chopin Piano Sonata No. 2 in B-flat minor
is more in the style I'm looking for and it's on the challenging side for me, which I like, so that's good.

I have the sheet music for Moonlight Sonata. I tried to learn it when I first started but I didn't really know how to use sharps and flats back then so it didn't sound very good... lol!

NightMizer
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:00 am

NightMizer wrote:
Jordan wrote:

I'm taking private lessons after spending the summer trying to teach myself which is where I first learned about this place...well Andrew's lessons.
Which I suprised my teacher with. He thought I had taken lessons before...so that was pretty cool.

is more in the style I'm looking for and it's on the challenging side for me, which I like, so that's good.

I have the sheet music for Moonlight Sonata. I tried to learn it when I first started but I didn't really know how to use sharps and flats back then so it didn't sound very good... lol!

It's cool that you suprised your teacher by watching Andrew's lessons. And yeah, I honestly don't like the Moonlight Sonata. In my opinion, it's a little too depressing to play or listen to. Anyway, if the Chopin Piano Sonata No. 2 in B-flat minor is what you're looking for then learn it as soon as possible. I'm glad I helped you out because it's honestly a great piece and it's very moody; whilst not being too hard for you to play.

When you get a little better try learning Rachmaninoff Prelude in C-sharp minor, which is another "dark", and dissonant type of piece to play. Rachmaninoff is easily one of my favourite composers.

Last edited by Jordan on Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Jordan
Jordan

Back to top Go down

Post by NightMizer Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:53 pm

Jordan wrote:
NightMizer wrote:
Jordan wrote:

It's cool that you suprised your teacher by watching Andrew's lessons. And yeah, I honestly don't like the Moonlight Sonata. In my opinion, it's a little too depression to play or listen to. Anyway, if the Chopin Piano Sonata No. 2 in B-flat minor is what you're looking for then learn it as soon as possible. I'm glad I helped you out because it's honestly a great piece and it's very moody; whilst not being too hard for you to play.

When you get a little better try learning Rachmaninoff Prelude in C-sharp minor, which is another "dark", and dissonant type of piece to play. Rachmaninoff is easily one of my favourite composers.

True, honestly Moonlight Sonata isn't one of my personal favorites. Not that I don't like it. Just that it's not something that I could see myself playing over and over again. But yeah I think I might just try to start learning Prelude in C# minor instead. What's the worst that could happen, I could not learn it (or get tendinitis like Rachmaninoff). But it's been my goal since I started to learn something by Rachmaninoff and someday his 1st movement of Piano concerto no. 2...someday.

Oh and btw does anyone have a copy of Rachmaninoff Prelude in C# minor??
Every time I've been going on http://sheetmusicarchive.net/ it tells me I've exceeded the daily limit...and it's been saying that for a few days Sad

NightMizer
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiekedves Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:06 am

NightMizer wrote:

Oh and btw does anyone have a copy of Rachmaninoff Prelude in C# minor??
Every time I've been going on http://sheetmusicarchive.net/ it tells me I've exceeded the daily limit...and it's been saying that for a few days Sad

I have exactly the same problem. I visited the site once got to see 2 stuff and from that time on it continously says I exceeded the daily limit.
So I stopped even trying.

I have the C# in minor ( Prelude C minor Op3 Nr2) and I also have Piano Concerto No. 3 in D Minor, Prelude Op 23 nr 4, Prelude Op23 No5 from Rachmaninoff.
I dont know how long the C# minor should be or if it is the right version you are looking for... mail me at maggiekedves @ gmail.com and I send any of these back for you.
maggiekedves
maggiekedves
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Female Number of posts : 603
Job/hobbies : SLCC student - Nursing ////// music is like air
Length of time playing piano : 10 months ( time is running :) )
Guru Points : 2
Registration date : 2008-03-06

https://www.youtube.com/user/maggiekedves

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:38 pm

Make sure you turn off your computer so that the sheet music archive server can reset the queue on your IP address, which is a 24 hour limit after you've downloaded more than three files.
Jordan
Jordan

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiekedves Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:57 am

Jordan wrote:Make sure you turn off your computer so that the sheet music archive server can reset the queue on your IP address, which is a 24 hour limit after you've downloaded more than three files.
How the heck the server knows whether I turn off my computer on not??
Otherwise I did turn it on couple of times from that time on and I still cant access.
But thanks for the idea. Smile
maggiekedves
maggiekedves
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Female Number of posts : 603
Job/hobbies : SLCC student - Nursing ////// music is like air
Length of time playing piano : 10 months ( time is running :) )
Guru Points : 2
Registration date : 2008-03-06

https://www.youtube.com/user/maggiekedves

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:57 am

maggiekedves wrote:
Jordan wrote:Make sure you turn off your computer so that the sheet music archive server can reset the queue on your IP address, which is a 24 hour limit after you've downloaded more than three files.
How the heck the server knows whether I turn off my computer on not??
Otherwise I did turn it on couple of times from that time on and I still cant access.
But thanks for the idea. Smile

Some websites have limits whereas users will be limited to do something (e.g. downloading, uploading, and so on). Sheet music archive's server has a download limit that allows users to only download three .pdf files a day, and if you surpass that limit, you have to wait 24 hours in order to download again. If you keep your computer on for less than 24 hours or more than 24 hours, regardless if you already downloaded three .pdf sheet music files, you still won't have access to downloading more files from the site because the server cannot reset your limit back to 0 in order for you to download their sheet music again.

If it still doesn't work after 24 hours or after two days, another thing you can try to do is clear your cache and cookies. This works most of the time because all of the data from a particular website you log into or browse stores into your cache and cookies.
Jordan
Jordan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down