Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

singing with piano (reading music)

3 posters

Go down

singing with piano  (reading music) Empty singing with piano (reading music)

Post by Hollyvv Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:40 pm

i dont want this to sound rude in any way but... i thought it best to ask
you are all piano people you all probally have great passion for it and you all play piano some new to it and so more experience so what i am going to ask may sound strange (not that i dont but i have passion for other things and this would be helpful to help me carry on)
i need help i dont play piano and when i come across this its saved me from alot of hassle when i get round to learning how to play of course me being as busy as i am
i dont want to become amazing but i sing and i have sheet music that i need to learn how to play to learn songs for auditions
i can follow music but i was just wondering if anyone could give me any ideas how to read music quickly because i have to learn the notes i cant just read the music and translate it from the dots to what the notes are and then down to my fingers

any hints would be helpful

sorry about the terminology thats not too hot either
Hollyvv
Hollyvv

Number of posts : 1
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Back to top Go down

singing with piano  (reading music) Empty Re: singing with piano (reading music)

Post by pianohama Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:57 pm

My best advice, if you just are singing, is that you should just pick out the chords for comping. The piano comp isn't really important in singing auditions, only your voice. The piano is there so you have notes to relate to.

So check out websites like www.ultimate-guitarr.com where you can get a song with only the text and chords! Good luck ^^!
pianohama
pianohama
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Number of posts : 462
Guru Points : 3
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

singing with piano  (reading music) Empty Re: singing with piano (reading music)

Post by Christian Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:58 am

Learn key signatures, scales and sheet music notes.

It might sound like alot of work, but it will give you an egde.

You will be able to look at the sheets, and then quickly know what key to press on the piano - and voila it produces the tone you are supposed to sing.

Very Happy

EDIT:

And WHERE to learn that? Watch Andrews videos. Hes a humorous guy that you will learn from with ease. Smile

Last edited by Christian on Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added some stuffz.)

Christian
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 121
Job/hobbies : The Irish Drinking Song!
Length of time playing piano : A serious pianist since midsummer 2008!
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down