Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What songs are you currently learning?

+82
Matthieu Stepec
jis
Kjetil
jaquadro
Ermijo
pathetic_pianist
Circle_of_Fists
sourstripe
aendym
Klavier
ROBIN
Lanxil
theWarden
klixonnylle
frank
juniorandrew xD
JoshQ
goodell
MLundegaard
surehit123
PianoFreak251
Kentz
no2man
Llexix
Voxy Roxy
SinkingHigher
Ursula Spots
lunazul
munkuminx
Alex|Rag
Mama64
ramaral
ed_fairs
ivn
Pianokid220
d.chimeraan
dkcrooby
Aigle
arzi
Angelique
pianoless
Amro
Wolfgang8565
leonard
Biko
Rykaerdoe
karax268
Mraan
khalyd
Fryderyk
KlutzSY
JordanMacDonald
armughan
Kahlan
AirHendrix
tfull
kwesifriends
Depo007
Angela
Marnex
Sepheron
CripKilla
Adelbert0923
pianohama
Thomandy
Casyopea
LizaTRENCHCOAT
The Royal Nobody
g0tfish
asumarione
maatija
maggiekedves
VictorCS
1uc
wamaral
Jesse
joegeran
draw_de
Phobik2000
FtOrReEeSsT
Jordan
Admin Andrew
86 posters

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

chopin - What songs are you currently learning? - Page 4 Empty Re: What songs are you currently learning?

Post by LizaTRENCHCOAT Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:47 am

Always look on the bright side of your life- from monty python.
LizaTRENCHCOAT
LizaTRENCHCOAT
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Female Number of posts : 26
Job/hobbies : pIaNo!
Length of time playing piano : 11 years, minus some time in between.
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-03-08

Back to top Go down

chopin - What songs are you currently learning? - Page 4 Empty Re: What songs are you currently learning?

Post by Sepheron Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:12 am

here's what i'm trying to learn... there's not sheet so i have to earplay it... but it's fun and i really like the music ^^;

link: desert on the moon

I'm able to play the first minute ~ or so and i'm writing a sheet while i'm earplaying, so i don't forget the notes! Wish me luck, i'm gonna need it! XD It's just sad that some parts dosen't sound so nice without the band behind tho :p

Sepheron
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Male Number of posts : 42
Job/hobbies : Master in Electronic Engineer - getting a Doctor degree / Play piano
Length of time playing piano : I don't really know. I've been on and off constantly, but quite a few years for sure!
Registration date : 2008-05-01

http://www.esnips.com/user/sepheron

Back to top Go down

Post by Marnex Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:15 am

I want to learn first Arabesque, some of chopin(his are too hard for my level right now), and Turkish March by Mozart.
Marnex
Marnex
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 210
Job/hobbies : Video games,computer, and piano
Length of time playing piano : Since 2008
Guru Points : 3
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:43 am

Marnex wrote:I want to learn first Arabesque, some of chopin(his are too hard for my level right now), and Turkish March by Mozart.

What level are you?? Turkish March are grade 7/9 I think.. =)
Thomandy
Thomandy

Male Number of posts : 2616
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by CripKilla Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:30 pm

how do you know what grade you are? ^^
CripKilla
CripKilla
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 423
Job/hobbies : Bank Robber
Length of time playing piano : Since Huamn Existence
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Marnex Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:45 pm

thomandy wrote:
Marnex wrote:I want to learn first Arabesque, some of chopin(his are too hard for my level right now), and Turkish March by Mozart.

Well I don't know I just said I wanted to learn Turkish march not that I knew how to play. Although I know the very beginning hurray.
Marnex
Marnex
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:42 am

Marnex wrote:
thomandy wrote:

Well I don't know I just said I wanted to learn Turkish march not that I knew how to play. Although I know the very beginning hurray.

Ah Smile I guess I misunderstoud =) Yeah. Its a cool piace. There are many sheets to it. As I said, I dont know what grade you are on?? Razz What song is your "masterpiece" ? Smile Or do you go to a conservatory or a teacher? Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:00 pm

draw_de wrote:I'm currently learning Canon by George Winston. I'm close to finishing it. Smile

Fantasie-Impromptu is something i want to learn next but i know its way out of my league. I've attempted the first few lines but can't get the tempo correct. Everytime i try to speed it up, i can't tell whether I'm doing the 3:4s correctly.

Ah the fantasie impromtpu! Chopin, right?? The cross rhythms can be a bit tricky when it's played slower but once it's played faster the 3 against four kinda works itself out on its own. lol! Try not to focus on the cross rhythm too much! When I was learning that piece I just made sure that the first note of each beat lined up. After that, all the other notes seems to fall where they were suppose to. Apparently that worked because Dr Eagle ears... I mean DR WOOD (lol) never Corrected my cross rhythms! He just made fun of how my second finger stuck up in the air while I played! (but we did correct THAT eventually!!)

Angela
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Female Number of posts : 103
Job/hobbies : piano teacher, playing piano, working out, reading
Length of time playing piano : 18 years
Registration date : 2008-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Marnex Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:17 pm

thomandy wrote:
Marnex wrote:
thomandy wrote:

Ah Smile I guess I misunderstoud =) Yeah. Its a cool piace. There are many sheets to it. As I said, I dont know what grade you are on?? Razz What song is your "masterpiece" ? Smile Or do you go to a conservatory or a teacher? Smile
No I just teach myself besides the extra help I get from Andrew's vids and this forum and youtube. My masterpeice I guess is fur elise if you want to call it that. Also I don't even know my grade since I teach myself. Although my sis know how to play but she's busy.
Marnex
Marnex
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:20 pm

Yay! I love sharing what pieces I'm learning!!!!!! Let's see, I'm playin' Haydn variations in f minor, Brahms Klavierstucke op.118. THEN I'm doin some debussy preludes but I can't remember the names since they are in french and I'm too lazy to look them up right now!!! haha! THEN I'm playin selections from the 10 piano pieces from the Romeo and Juliet suite by Prokofiev. They are very COOL! Oh and I'm doing the first movement of brahms d minor concerto which is totally stunning! I'm still playing the Schumann fantasie and the "oiseaux tristes, Une Barque sur l'ocean and Alborada del gracioso" by Ravel. These pieces are beautiful so I'd recommend givin' them a listen:)

Angela
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:21 pm

Marnex wrote:
thomandy wrote:
Marnex wrote:
thomandy wrote:

No I just teach myself besides the extra help I get from Andrew's vids and this forum and youtube. My masterpeice I guess is fur elise if you want to call it that. Also I don't even know my grade since I teach myself. Although my sis know how to play but she's busy.

Okay Very Happy So you play the whole Fur Elise or the Theme? The whole piece is a grade 5/9(7/11) and the theme is 2/9(3/11) I dont either know what grade Im on. But after tips from Andrew I can play Fur Elise the Whole piace almost perfect every time! Im like you, I also learn alot from watching youtubevids! Smile And now the Forum! =)
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:22 pm

Angela wrote:Yay! I love sharing what pieces I'm learning!!!!!! Let's see, I'm playin' Haydn variations in f minor, Brahms Klavierstucke op.118. THEN I'm doin some debussy preludes but I can't remember the names since they are in french and I'm too lazy to look them up right now!!! haha! THEN I'm playin selections from the 10 piano pieces from the Romeo and Juliet suite by Prokofiev. They are very COOL! Oh and I'm doing the first movement of brahms d minor concerto which is totally stunning! I'm still playing the Schumann fantasie and the "oiseaux tristes, Une Barque sur l'ocean and Alborada del gracioso" by Ravel. These pieces are beautiful so I'd recommend givin' them a listen:)

Well, thats alot Wink I think you really should get a topice, in the performancetopic!!!!!!! Wink hehe Smile
We want to hear and see you play! Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:43 pm

haha! It sure looks like a lot thomandy! But it's all stuff I just COULDN'T resist! Especially the concerto! My teacher was like "ya KNOOOOW, I would REALLY like to work on brahms d minor concerto with SOMEONE. You can play it if you WANT to! BUUUT only if you want to" I'm like :YEEEEEEES Shocked GIMME!" Oh and the Alborada is an interesting piece but it's ridiculously.... ridiculous! The best way to get through that piece to have a funny thought before hand. Then it loosens me up and I don't think about those scary repeated note sections. Oh and pianists CAN get callouses! Just practise the reapeated notes in Alborada about a bajillion and fifty times and ya get them! ahahahahaha!

Angela
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Depo007 Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:49 pm

I'm a huge advocate for video game music myself, and have always wanted to play some of my favorites on the piano. I can play a simple version of the theme from Zelda along with the castle theme from Super Mario World. I can play a few others as well. Those are played from memory though. I'm presently attempting to learn the Super Mario Brothers theme, transcribed by the Video Game Pianist (my role model Very Happy), although I need to practice quite a bit to get it right.
Depo007
Depo007
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Male Number of posts : 37
Job/hobbies : Software Developer
Length of time playing piano : Started taking lessons 22 June 2010
Registration date : 2008-06-04

http://www.vgmusic.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Marnex Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:35 pm

thomandy wrote:
Marnex wrote:
thomandy wrote:
Marnex wrote:
thomandy wrote:

Okay Very Happy So you play the whole Fur Elise or the Theme? The whole piece is a grade 5/9(7/11) and the theme is 2/9(3/11) I dont either know what grade Im on. But after tips from Andrew I can play Fur Elise the Whole piace almost perfect every time! Im like you, I also learn alot from watching youtubevids! Smile And now the Forum! =)
I just know part A I don't know the whole fur Elise version like I said no one has a tutorial videos of the whole fur Elise.
Marnex
Marnex
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:49 pm

Marnex wrote:
thomandy wrote:
Marnex wrote:
thomandy wrote:
Marnex wrote:
thomandy wrote:

I just know part A I don't know the whole fur Elise version like I said no one has a tutorial videos of the whole fur Elise.
Okay. I forgot! =) Well, you can look at mine, its a perspective from above! You are able to see every key I hit if you go forth and back! Or download it and put it in moviemaker, and make it go slower or somthing! =) And there is a tutorial for almost the whole thing on youtube!

Here:

1;

2;

3;

4; send an email asking for part 4 to :easypianolessons@yahoo.com

Might not be any more than what you got, havnt seen them! :p

Why dont you learn notes???
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Marnex Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:07 am

thomandy wrote:
Marnex wrote:
thomandy wrote:
Marnex wrote:
thomandy wrote:
Marnex wrote:
thomandy wrote:

Okay. I forgot! =) Well, you can look at mine, its a perspective from above! You are able to see every key I hit if you go forth and back! Or download it and put it in moviemaker, and make it go slower or somthing! =) And there is a tutorial for almost the whole thing on youtube!

Here:

1;

2;

3;

4; send an email asking for part 4 to :easypianolessons@yahoo.com

Might not be any more than what you got, havnt seen them! :p

Why dont you learn notes???
Thanks but I already know the song up to the point where you have to play all those e's and stuff but after that I'm lost Razz . Besides to see all the videos from that guy I have to pay.
Marnex
Marnex
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:51 am

Its free to request part 4 i think! But you can try my vid, I think is shows pretty well what Im playing!=)
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by kwesifriends Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:37 pm

Right now I'm practicing Tarantella by Beaumont and Fur elise by Beethoven. I can't still finish those song Sad . I wish everyone have a great time with there pieces.
kwesifriends
kwesifriends
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 139
Job/hobbies : Student, Bookaholic, Piano, Violin
Length of time playing piano : 10 months
Registration date : 2008-06-08

http://kwesifriends.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:48 am

Well, thats alot Wink I think you really should get a topice, in the performancetopic!!!!!!! Wink hehe Smile
We want to hear and see you play! Smile[/quote]

YES Thomandy I'll put a topic in the performance topics some time! I'll play Alborada for you!!!!

Angela
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:20 pm

Angela wrote:
Thomandy wrote:Well, thats alot Wink I think you really should get a topice, in the performancetopic!!!!!!! Wink hehe Smile

YES Thomandy I'll put a topic in the performance topics some time! I'll play Alborada for you!!!!

Yay Wink Thats Great! Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:37 am

Thomandy wrote:
Angela wrote:
Thomandy wrote:Well, thats alot Wink I think you really should get a topice, in the performancetopic!!!!!!! Wink hehe Smile

Well it's finally come! Andrew is going to post a video of me playing some of my Schumann Fantasie. He said I'm going to play it July 5. I think he wants to make sure we actually MAKE this video so he declined all my requests for an extension! hahaha! Laughing We'll see how THIS goes! Wish me luck!!!!!! bounce

Angela
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:06 am

Angela wrote:
Thomandy wrote:
Angela wrote:

Well it's finally come! Andrew is going to post a video of me playing some of my Schumann Fantasie. He said I'm going to play it July 5. I think he wants to make sure we actually MAKE this video so he declined all my requests for an extension! hahaha! Laughing We'll see how THIS goes! Wish me luck!!!!!! bounce

Hehehe, thats A Man Wink Andrew got things under controll then, great! Smile Ill hold of that date then, July 5.
Good luck !! Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by tfull Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:14 am

i am new to this forum, i have been playing for 10 years or so, but i still dont think i am too good at the piano. i am putting the final final tweaks onto Those Who Fight - Uematsu (love that piece, nobuo is my favorite i think)

also i am working on Rondo Alla Turca - Mozart

I really want to learn Hungarian Rhapsody 2, but my piano teacher and i still think i am years away from that.

someday...

tfull

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post by AirHendrix Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:32 am

I finished your lessons up to the A Minor Scale so the songs I learned on the C Major scale is what I know now.

Any other C Major Scale songs I should learn? Just wonderin Very Happy.

AirHendrix
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next