Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are Peddles Extremely Important?(New member)

3 posters

Go down

Are Peddles Extremely Important?(New member) Empty Are Peddles Extremely Important?(New member)

Post by Marlyn Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:25 am

Hello My name is Marlyn......I have a very IMPORTANT question...Are foot peddles extremely important? Will it affect my sound if I dont use them? Im in a wheelchair and its physically impossible to you use them.

Last edited by Marlyn on Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Marlyn
Marlyn
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Female Number of posts : 12
Job/hobbies : Chatting,Reading,Writing,Playing Piano
Length of time playing piano : Since 9/22/08
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-09-12

https://www.facebook.com/Marlyn1982

Back to top Go down

Are Peddles Extremely Important?(New member) Empty Re: Are Peddles Extremely Important?(New member)

Post by Thomandy Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:51 am

Marlyn wrote:Hello My name is Marlyn......I have a very IMPORTANT question...Are foot peddles extremely important? Will it affect my sound if I dont use them? Im in a wheelchair and its physically impossible to you theem.

Hi Smile Welcome Smile

Well, Im sorry to say that they are very important in most music. It affects the music a whole deal! If you play a chopin nocturne withouth pedal, the piece is ruined! But baroqe music is perfect, so hopefully you like that?? Bach?
They didnt have footpedal back then and the music is written to manage without one Smile I guess the faster the notes are stringed(played after eachother) the less you might need the pedal!! Smile So Bach is the way to go, thats my tip. And there are other pieces aswell of course, but then my knowledege is to limited to give advice Smile

Edit: The turkish march can also be played without pedal and you can ofcourse play other pieces that needs the pedal, but the feel of pedal-written music will be gone. But that shouldnt stop you. They can still sound good I guess Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Male Number of posts : 2616
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Are Peddles Extremely Important?(New member) Empty Re: Are Peddles Extremely Important?(New member)

Post by pianohama Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:22 pm

Marlyn wrote:Hello My name is Marlyn......I have a very IMPORTANT question...Are foot peddles extremely important? Will it affect my sound if I dont use them? Im in a wheelchair and its physically impossible to you theem.

I think there are specially made digital pianos for physically impaired people. But I have no sources for this, you'll have to search..

I wish you the best of luck.
pianohama
pianohama
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Number of posts : 462
Guru Points : 3
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Marlyn Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:31 pm

pianohama wrote:

I think there are specially made digital pianos for physically impaired people. But I have no sources for this, you'll have to search..

I wish you the best of luck.
Thnx for the info
Marlyn
Marlyn
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Marlyn Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:32 pm

Thomandy wrote:

Hi Smile Welcome Smile

Well, Im sorry to say that they are very important in most music. It affects the music a whole deal! If you play a chopin nocturne withouth pedal, the piece is ruined! But baroqe music is perfect, so hopefully you like that?? Bach?
They didnt have footpedal back then and the music is written to manage without one Smile I guess the faster the notes are stringed(played after eachother) the less you might need the pedal!! Smile So Bach is the way to go, thats my tip. And there are other pieces aswell of course, but then my knowledege is to limited to give advice Smile

Edit: The turkish march can also be played without pedal and you can ofcourse play other pieces that needs the pedal, but the feel of pedal-written music will be gone. But that shouldnt stop you. They can still sound good I guess Smile

thnx Neutral
Marlyn
Marlyn
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down