Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello <(*.*)>

5 posters

Go down

Hello <(*.*)> Empty Hello <(*.*)>

Post by Profitos Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:27 pm

Hi!.
First of all, sorry for my English Razz. Second, thanks a lot Andrew for the help you bring 'whit out charge' to people by youtube and this web, it's really helpful.

I'm Guido from Argentin, 17 years old and bla bla bla Razz. The thing is I start playing "piano"(keyboard) whit your lessons like 1 week ago(first instrument). I pass throught all the lessons whit my keyboard (it's like 10 years old... Razz) but i think i really need a piano (and a teacher too, i'm searching for it). But i don't know what piano should i buy (and "can", money..) :S... silent pale ¿what's the name of your piano Andrew? Yamaha xxxx ( i think i read it somewhere but can't fine it)
Maybe my fathers can lend me 2000 u$s, whit that what should i buy?
Ok thanks Razz i will stop bothering whit stupid questions.

Oh i hate my mom, she did 5 years of piano lessons playing it on her's teacher house (she practice 'whit out charge' on her teachers house) and when she bought a nice piano.... sold it and give up learning :@

I have to go, thanks again and let's practice!

Profitos

Number of posts : 1
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Hello <(*.*)> Empty Re: Hello <(*.*)>

Post by Admin Andrew Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:52 am

Profitos wrote:Hi!.
First of all, sorry for my English Razz. Second, thanks a lot Andrew for the help you bring 'whit out charge' to people by youtube and this web, it's really helpful.

I'm Guido from Argentin, 17 years old and bla bla bla Razz. The thing is I start playing "piano"(keyboard) whit your lessons like 1 week ago(first instrument). I pass throught all the lessons whit my keyboard (it's like 10 years old... Razz) but i think i really need a piano (and a teacher too, i'm searching for it). But i don't know what piano should i buy (and "can", money..) :S... silent pale ¿what's the name of your piano Andrew? Yamaha xxxx ( i think i read it somewhere but can't fine it)
Maybe my fathers can lend me 2000 u$s, whit that what should i buy?
Ok thanks Razz i will stop bothering whit stupid questions.

Oh i hate my mom, she did 5 years of piano lessons playing it on her's teacher house (she practice 'whit out charge' on her teachers house) and when she bought a nice piano.... sold it and give up learning :@

I have to go, thanks again and let's practice!

Hey there! welcome to the forum! Smile nice to read your background! i hope you enjoy the community here!
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1277
Job/hobbies : Piano teacher, pianist
Length of time playing piano : Started in 1992; 17 years of playing.
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-02-22

http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliaC Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:19 am

Hi Guido Very Happy
First of all, I'm really glad you decided to learn piano and look for a teacher and a new instrument, but I think you're going way too fast thinking to buy a piano. It doesn't matter if is a vertical or a grand piano, both of them are expensive. Perhaps you should buy a keyboard first and I'm gonna give you some reasons:

1. They are transportable. And that can be very helpful if you find a music academy or some school where you can take classes and carrying your instrument there, and also if you have friends who are learning too you can take your keyboard with you and practice with them.

2. They have a metronome. And he is gonna be one of your best friends when you learn to read music.

3. The song bank. Selected classic or popular piano songs your keyboard plays and you can learn to play them too 'cause with your keyboard comes a book song where you can read the scores.

3. The LCD screen. Here you can watch in a little pentagram the notes you're playing wich is very helpul if you're a begginer. You can watch how it plays the score of a song of the bank and if your LCD screen haves a little keyboard it shows you not only the notes in the pentagram but also the keys.

4. Useful functions. When you select a song you can play it, pause it, slow the tempo (velocity for saying in a clear way) and look step by tep how is it played. Well that was about the song bank, other useful functions are the volume (if you can't sleep at night and decide to practice a little it can be very helpful so you don't wake up your parents), the pressure sensibility of the keys (that gives you the sensation of being playing a real piano) and the possibility to choose a tone or a voice wich means you can play your keyboard and making it sound like an other instrument like an electric piano or a church organ for example.

4. The aditional material. When you open you keyboard's box you will find your book song and a little book with basic lessons or even a dvd that teachs you the functions your keyboard has or gives you that basic lessons

5. They are cheaps. I think this is important, with 350 USD you can buy a good keyboard with a lot of functions that can make your learning easier. And by buying an instrument with a very reasonable price, you can spend more money in classes or in books.

And when you feel you have enought knowledge of music and piano skills, you can buy a piano and look cool playing Wink

Well that's what I'm doing xD if you can afford a piano and that's what you want then go for it I love you

JuliaC
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Female Number of posts : 12
Job/hobbies : music, digital and traditional art
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiekedves Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:04 am

JuliaC wrote:

5. They are cheaps. I think this is important, with 350 USD you can buy a good keyboard with a lot of functions that can make your learning easier. And by buying an instrument with a very reasonable price, you can spend more money in classes or in books.

You just listed all of the reasons why Im collecting for a keyboard... sounds terrible but I cant even afford 350 USD. I searched over the net and I got lucky and I found a Yamaha I really like (Yamaha PSR 313) what I can buy for 159USD brand new cheers they even ship it free in USA so I cant wait to get enough money to buy it and play with all the features you just mentioned...
Anyone who is interested I can give more details on the deal...
One thing I love about Yamaha is the Grand Piano Sound System... it does sound like a piano
(besides all the other possible instruments) plus it is a touch sensitive machine too bounce

I was so convincing, my mother-in-law already bought one for herself so I had a chance play more with it... I really cant wait to put my hands on one
sunny
maggiekedves
maggiekedves
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Female Number of posts : 603
Job/hobbies : SLCC student - Nursing ////// music is like air
Length of time playing piano : 10 months ( time is running :) )
Guru Points : 2
Registration date : 2008-03-06

https://www.youtube.com/user/maggiekedves

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliaC Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:34 am

yay keyboards albino
159 USD >.< aaww I had to pay 350 for mine xD
I hope you get your keyboard soon and have a lot of fun with it

JuliaC
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Female Number of posts : 12
Job/hobbies : music, digital and traditional art
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:06 am

Keyboards are great but nothing comes close to a real acoustic piano. When you have enough money to purchase one, don't change your mind and get an expensive keyboard instead.
Jordan
Jordan

Male Number of posts : 244
Job/hobbies : Music, piano
Length of time playing piano : I've been playing on and off since I was 8 years old
Registration date : 2008-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiekedves Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:41 am

Jordan wrote:Keyboards are great but nothing comes close to a real acoustic piano. When you have enough money to purchase one, don't change your mind and get an expensive keyboard instead.
I have a 100 years old upright piano I just wont be able to move it with me to a different state.. I am just about to move that is the reason for my desire to have a keyboard...
Whenever we will move back I will be happy to sit back to my kind old piano what Im using right now.
maggiekedves
maggiekedves
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:50 am

maggiekedves wrote:
Jordan wrote:Keyboards are great but nothing comes close to a real acoustic piano. When you have enough money to purchase one, don't change your mind and get an expensive keyboard instead.
I have a 100 years old upright piano I just wont be able to move it with me to a different state.. I am just about to move that is the reason for my desire to have a keyboard...
Whenever we will move back I will be happy to sit back to my kind old piano what Im using right now.

Wow, a 100 year old upright piano? That's pretty awesome! I really think you should take good care of it as much as possible. Tune it, clean it, have the keys weighted, etc. I would always play if I had an old piano, because it brings you back in time when you even lay a single finger on it.
Jordan
Jordan

Length of time playing piano : I've been playing on and off since I was 8 years old

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiekedves Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:50 pm

Jordan wrote:
Wow, a 100 year old upright piano? That's pretty awesome! I really think you should take good care of it as much as possible. Tune it, clean it, have the keys weighted, etc. I would always play if I had an old piano, because it brings you back in time when you even lay a single finger on it.
It is a family treasure. My mother-in-law got it when she was 9 and it was already a loved and used piano before. My husband bought if from her because they wanted to give it away, he made it restored so it can be used again. It would need a little more work I think on the keys though. We always tune it (Actually it needs tuning again because last time the hired person did not do a good job at all.)
I am not an expert do you think an everyday person can learn how to tune it? Do u know what kind of tools it need?

Im hoping to hold on to it so the new generation can use it in our family.
flower
maggiekedves
maggiekedves
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:52 pm

maggiekedves wrote:
Jordan wrote:
It is a family treasure. My mother-in-law got it when she was 9 and it was already a loved and used piano before. My husband bought if from her because they wanted to give it away, he made it restored so it can be used again. It would need a little more work I think on the keys though. We always tune it (Actually it needs tuning again because last time the hired person did not do a good job at all.)
I am not an expert do you think an everyday person can learn how to tune it? Do u know what kind of tools it need?

Im hoping to hold on to it so the new generation can use it in our family.
flower

Honestly, I'd leave the tuning for piano technicians who know what they're doing. It's a really hard process to have it tuned properly.
Jordan
Jordan

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiekedves Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:05 am

Jordan wrote:

Honestly, I'd leave the tuning for piano technicians who know what they're doing. It's a really hard process to have it tuned properly.
I was affraid about that too... but its all good Very Happy
maggiekedves
maggiekedves
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum