Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where Do YOU see yourself in 5 years?

+10
Biko
yu58
Thomandy
zeroflash
VictorCS
JediMaster
Jordan
JuliaC
maggiekedves
Admin Andrew
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Where Do YOU see yourself in 5 years? Empty Where Do YOU see yourself in 5 years?

Post by Admin Andrew Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:03 am

What do you see yourself doing in 5 years?

I see myself hopefully STILL making videos on youtube Very Happy I also see myself married to Angela, and hopefully I will have become a better teacher than I am now!

It's interesting to think into the future hey?
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1277
Job/hobbies : Piano teacher, pianist
Length of time playing piano : Started in 1992; 17 years of playing.
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-02-22

http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

Where Do YOU see yourself in 5 years? Empty Re: Where Do YOU see yourself in 5 years?

Post by maggiekedves Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:59 pm

Oh my we are going to be soooo knowledgeable after 5 years of your videos Andrew Cool

We could even maybe see a lovely wedding photo posted on the forum for us fans/friends.
It would be also fun to see the new generation of your future family play. Imagine how talented they are going to be inheriting their affinity from their musician parents.
I went to far in future huh? Hope it is not offending...

For myself I am hoping to have more kids by then... I would love to teach them my mother tongue and all the things I love and raise them for the love of the music. Around that time I should be already working as a nurse.
So sad but my school work is waiting.. I have to quit dreaming
sunny

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us.
M.
maggiekedves
maggiekedves
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Female Number of posts : 603
Job/hobbies : SLCC student - Nursing ////// music is like air
Length of time playing piano : 10 months ( time is running :) )
Guru Points : 2
Registration date : 2008-03-06

https://www.youtube.com/user/maggiekedves

Back to top Go down

Where Do YOU see yourself in 5 years? Empty Re: Where Do YOU see yourself in 5 years?

Post by JuliaC Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:07 am

Why only maggie has answered? this is a really good question Shocked (btw, is maggie your real name?)
I can't preddict the future but I expect to become a decent keyboardist in 5 years >.< to expose my art in a little gallery would be very exciting.. hum that's all I can imagine right now, it's 2 AM xD I dunno what I'm doing here I'm going to sleep... good nights Smile

JuliaC
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Female Number of posts : 12
Job/hobbies : music, digital and traditional art
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:15 am

In 5 years... I'd probably be in school studying music, or being a band, or a producer, who knows. But I do know one thing, music is definitely something that I live for.
Jordan
Jordan

Male Number of posts : 244
Job/hobbies : Music, piano
Length of time playing piano : I've been playing on and off since I was 8 years old
Registration date : 2008-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiekedves Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:38 am

JuliaC wrote:Why only maggie has answered? this is a really good question Shocked (btw, is maggie your real name?)
I can't preddict the future but I expect to become a decent keyboardist in 5 years >.< to expose my art in a little gallery would be very exciting.. hum that's all I can imagine right now, it's 2 AM xD I dunno what I'm doing here I'm going to sleep... good nights Smile
Hmmm yes that is a good question why I was the only brave so far... Smile but I guess now some other brave fellows joined me Wink
Well English speaking people call me Maggie.In the USA most people would not be able to pronounce my real name...everyone in the American part of my family know me as Maggie.(I bet most of them thinks that is my real name lol! )
I was born as Magdolna though I love you Magdi -my Hungarian nickname - and Maggie is not too far from each other.
Everyone in the US butchers my name so it is better to leave it alone Rolling Eyes

Thanks for incouraging me in drawing... you are right... most of the time you need to be inspired to create something... nowadays I discover new ways for creating things like sewing, that includes a little bit of drawing as I sketch my ideas on a paper and do unique patterns. I taught myself to sew so I can never repeat anything exactly the same for the second time around Exclamation

2 AM ... wooow so it is not only me who forget to go to bed in time scratch
maggiekedves
maggiekedves
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:02 am

maggiekedves wrote:
JuliaC wrote:Why only maggie has answered? this is a really good question Shocked (btw, is maggie your real name?)
Hmmm yes that is a good question why I was the only brave so far... Smile but I guess now some other brave fellows joined me Wink
Well English speaking people call me Maggie.In the USA most people would not be able to pronounce my real name...everyone in the American part of my family know me as Maggie.(I bet most of them thinks that is my real name lol! )
I was born as Magdolna though I love you Magdi -my Hungarian nickname - and Maggie is not too far from each other.
Everyone in the US butchers my name so it is better to leave it alone Rolling Eyes

Thanks for incouraging me in drawing... you are right... most of the time you need to be inspired to create something... nowadays I discover new ways for creating things like sewing, that includes a little bit of drawing as I sketch my ideas on a paper and do unique patterns. I taught myself to sew so I can never repeat anything exactly the same for the second time around Exclamation

2 AM ... wooow so it is not only me who forget to go to bed in time scratch

Maggie is the female Hungarian version of Franz Liszt! cheers Laughing queen
Jordan
Jordan

Length of time playing piano : I've been playing on and off since I was 8 years old

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiekedves Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:35 pm

Jordan wrote:

I wish... Let me tell you a little secret. His name is Ferenc Liszt. I know people are not aware of that because most international publication says Franz.
He is one of the genius musician... and not only because he was Hungarian. What a Face

I am glad to be a Hungarian and I am grateful I was raised in that culture, grow up learning the Kodaly system and have a strong education in every aspects helps me even today.

I wish I would play piano for 16 or more years like Andrew does . If I would I could try to play Liszt or Bartok... that would be such a great thing...
maggiekedves
maggiekedves
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:01 pm

maggiekedves wrote:
Jordan wrote:

I wish... Let me tell you a little secret. His name is Ferenc Liszt. I know people are not aware of that because most international publication says Franz.
He is one of the genius musician... and not only because he was Hungarian. What a Face

I am glad to be a Hungarian and I am grateful I was raised in that culture, grow up learning the Kodaly system and have a strong education in every aspects helps me even today.

I wish I would play piano for 16 or more years like Andrew does . If I would I could try to play Liszt or Bartok... that would be such a great thing...

If you ever played like Liszt, I'd admire you greatly. But then again, there's only one Ferenc, and he has his own virtuosity.
Jordan
Jordan

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiekedves Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:29 am

Jordan wrote:
If you ever played like Liszt, I'd admire you greatly. But then again, there's only one Ferenc, and he has his own virtuosity.

True there Exclamation Just looking at his sheet music makes me dizzy with all the signes for interpretation... I highly respect anyone who can give sound to his virtuosity.
Ha was also a great teacher. He simplified many pieces for his students.

I also love Chopin, that is more on the melodic side, but I will have quite a challenge to get to the level when I can play him...
I saw people playing some of the "easiest pieces" so that is not so unreachable as Liszt.
So now Im just listening other to see which Chopin I could possible start with whenever I m ready for the challange. Cool
maggiekedves
maggiekedves
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:46 pm

maggiekedves wrote:
Jordan wrote:

True there Exclamation Just looking at his sheet music makes me dizzy with all the signes for interpretation... I highly respect anyone who can give sound to his virtuosity.

I also love Chopin, that is more on the melodic side, but I will have quite a challenge to get to the level when I can play him...
I saw people playing some of the "easiest pieces" so that is not so unreachable as Liszt.
So now Im just listening other to see which Chopin I could possible start with whenever I m ready for the challange. Cool
Try one of Chopin's Nocturnes, they're simply beautiful. The easiest Chopin Nocturne is probably at Grade 6-7, you could try it out if you want.
Jordan
Jordan

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiekedves Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:33 am

Jordan wrote:
maggiekedves wrote:
Jordan wrote:

Try one of Chopin's Nocturnes, they're simply beautiful. The easiest Chopin Nocturne is probably at Grade 6-7, you could try it out if you want.
I will look into that... I dont know how the grades are set up but Im sure I did not reach Grade 6-7 study
maggiekedves
maggiekedves
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliaC Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:31 pm

So Magdolna.. I can pronunce it Very Happy
Maybe you already know this site Music Scores here you can find classical music scores by levels from 1(easy) to 9(concert player) and they give you the option to play the score with sibelius or just listen the midi file, so it doesn't matter if you don't have too much skills, you can start learning to play some easy piano songs rabbit

JuliaC
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Female Number of posts : 12
Job/hobbies : music, digital and traditional art

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiekedves Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:15 am

JuliaC wrote:So Magdolna.. I can pronunce it Very Happy
Maybe you already know this site Music Scores here you can find classical music scores by levels from 1(easy) to 9(concert player) and they give you the option to play the score with sibelius or just listen the midi file, so it doesn't matter if you don't have too much skills, you can start learning to play some easy piano songs rabbit
Yes if you looked at the sheet music source post you can see that was the very first source I mentioned...
I have dozens of sheet music I am an obsessed collector... you never know when it is good to have it... but I need to sort them by difficulty... I have so much Im not even done sorting them by type or composer afro it is over 10 Gigabyte and still growing every day... who needs sheetmusicarchive after all?? lol!
maggiekedves
maggiekedves
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:32 pm

maggiekedves wrote:
JuliaC wrote:So Magdolna.. I can pronunce it Very Happy
Yes if you looked at the sheet music source post you can see that was the very first source I mentioned...
I have dozens of sheet music I am an obsessed collector... you never know when it is good to have it... but I need to sort them by difficulty... I have so much Im not even done sorting them by type or composer afro it is over 10 Gigabyte and still growing every day... who needs sheetmusicarchive after all?? lol!

I think you should also buy your sheet music. Unless you have a printer that allows you to print them out, and read them while you're playing. In my honest opinion, I think it's better to buy them. It makes it easier for me since I'm too lazy to print them out, lol. And wow! 10 GB of sheet music, thats awesome.
Jordan
Jordan

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiekedves Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:24 am

Jordan wrote:
I think you should also buy your sheet music. Unless you have a printer that allows you to print them out, and read them while you're playing. In my honest opinion, I think it's better to buy them. It makes it easier for me since I'm too lazy to print them out, lol. And wow! 10 GB of sheet music, thats awesome.
Why do you say(post) everything twice, twice?? Very Happy
The advantage is I can always decide which version I print out, so far I can print cheaper in college so I use this opportunity. It is not so bad in a printer either. For 15 dollars I can print out more than 100 pages so in my humble opinion it is still cheaper than buy one sheetmusic for 5 dollars. If I would need something I cant find on the net I would probably purchase it though.
I did buy some easy piano books and the bookstore spiral bounded it for me. There was something in it I really wanted to have.
So far - resisting to make a bigger clutter - it is definitely useful to have all of those sheet music on the computer... my husband would kill me if I would have bought them affraid
Well I better go and practise Smile
maggiekedves
maggiekedves
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by JediMaster Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:49 pm

I see myself studying in university for an MBA of some sort Razz and somehow involving music with it.

JediMaster
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Male Number of posts : 8
Length of time playing piano : 6 years and counting

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:38 pm

maggiekedves wrote:
Jordan wrote:
Why do you say(post) everything twice, twice?? Very Happy
The advantage is I can always decide which version I print out, so far I can print cheaper in college so I use this opportunity. It is not so bad in a printer either. For 15 dollars I can print out more than 100 pages so in my humble opinion it is still cheaper than buy one sheetmusic for 5 dollars. If I would need something I cant find on the net I would probably purchase it though.
I did buy some easy piano books and the bookstore spiral bounded it for me. There was something in it I really wanted to have.
So far - resisting to make a bigger clutter - it is definitely useful to have all of those sheet music on the computer... my husband would kill me if I would have bought them affraid
Well I better go and practise Smile

Oops! I just noticed that I double posted, thanks for letting me know. That's probably the first time I've double posted, I think pressed the Send button twice by accident which was my mistake. I deleted the first post, no worries! Thanks! Embarassed
Jordan
Jordan

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:15 pm

JediMaster wrote:I see myself studying in university for an MBA of some sort Razz and somehow involving music with it.

Nice dream Smile Do you have a plan for how you're going to reach it? Smile I'm sure you can do it if you work hard enough!
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiekedves Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:56 pm

Jordan wrote:

Oops! I just noticed that I double posted, thanks for letting me know. That's probably the first time I've double posted, I think pressed the Send button twice by accident which was my mistake. I deleted the first post, no worries! Thanks! Embarassed

Well I dont want to make you worried... silent I saw it other times too but the second time it is not that funny to draw your attention to it so I acknowledged it as a computer related mistake. No worries cheers

Look I became a well known pianist isnt that fun? lol!
maggiekedves
maggiekedves
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:00 pm

maggiekedves wrote:
Jordan wrote:

Well I dont want to make you worried... silent I saw it other times too but the second time it is not that funny to draw your attention to it so I acknowledged it as a computer related mistake. No worries cheers

Look I became a well known pianist isnt that fun? lol!

yay! you got another rank Smile you sure leveled up FAST! yes Wink you're a well known pianist!
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiekedves Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:45 pm

Admin Andrew wrote:

yay! you got another rank Smile you sure leveled up FAST! yes Wink you're a well known pianist!
Well going up to a 100 was not that challanging but reaching 500 Exclamation thats something tough Smile even you who answered all posts did not reach 500 yet Rolling Eyes .... but there is no hurry just pure fun in the forum

bom cherry jocolor clown

I better go and practice for my recital... it is coming up so faaaaast
maggiekedves
maggiekedves
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by VictorCS Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:31 am

Right now I see myself in 5 years as "I play very bad, as a beginner, since I havent been able to practise since last thursday.... ^^"

About 10 days to go before I'll be healed 100%
VictorCS
VictorCS

Male Number of posts : 944
Length of time playing piano : Started playing seriously in 2007, and been doing so since.
Guru Points : 18
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:28 am

lol I hope that you'll at least improve slightly over the next 5 years!

I'm sure you will get better!
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zeroflash Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:16 am

Have a good rest. It's just ten days. Smile Enjoy other stuff while you're at it. ^_^ Me, hmm... I kinda want to be with my whole family in New Jersey. I've started to prepare for that. ;D Ad of course, I want to play a lot better. Very Happy

zeroflash
Advanced Pianist
Advanced Pianist

Male Number of posts : 54
Job/hobbies : Technical support, Customer Service, Playing the Piano, video games, books, computers/int
Length of time playing piano : around 2 years total. :)
Registration date : 2008-04-15

https://www.youtube.com/zeroflashx2

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:59 am

5 years:

Job, apartment and - Lots of money! Because I play piano on the side, and makes alot of money doing that.. *cough* Very Happy
Thomandy
Thomandy

Male Number of posts : 2616
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next