Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UPDATE: Schubert's Impromptu Op. 90 No. 3 D. 899!. xkuruma's performances :)

+11
:.Smiley.:
MysteriousGgirl
Klavier
surehit123
Sepheron
Amro
Casyopea
CripKilla
Admin Andrew
Thomandy
xkuruma
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

UPDATE: Schubert's Impromptu Op. 90 No. 3 D. 899!.  xkuruma's performances :) - Page 2 Empty Re: UPDATE: Schubert's Impromptu Op. 90 No. 3 D. 899!. xkuruma's performances :)

Post by surehit123 Wed May 20, 2009 11:54 am

The pet store two blocks away, ill park my cart there. could u bring 2 big bags for the cash?
surehit123
surehit123
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 239
Job/hobbies : Student
Length of time playing piano : 7 months
Guru Points : 3
Registration date : 2009-03-29

https://www.youtube.com/user/surehit123

Back to top Go down

UPDATE: Schubert's Impromptu Op. 90 No. 3 D. 899!.  xkuruma's performances :) - Page 2 Empty Re: UPDATE: Schubert's Impromptu Op. 90 No. 3 D. 899!. xkuruma's performances :)

Post by Klavier Wed May 20, 2009 12:02 pm

Mucho posts surehit o_o Musta pressed button lots... too many fast passages or trilling on your keyboard maybe? lol! I'm finding it difficult locating Andrew I think I might enlist the help of my monarch in a royal visit to canada in order to charge him with some made up crime, lock him up in the tower of London and get him to teach me piano. I think he'll like that! Piano tunes echoing over London from that historical melancholy place, he'd be inspired and so would I listening!
Klavier
Klavier
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 200
Job/hobbies : ASDA Colleague | Piano, games and movies.
Length of time playing piano : 2 Weeks! ^_^
Guru Points : 9
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by MysteriousGgirl Wed May 20, 2009 4:53 pm

surehit123 wrote:The pet store two blocks away, ill park my cart there. could u bring 2 big bags for the cash?

OK done and I'll bring 4 bags just incase Twisted Evil
MysteriousGgirl
MysteriousGgirl
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Female Number of posts : 125
Job/hobbies : Designing, Drawing and playing Piano
Length of time playing piano : Biggner needs alot of help :D
Guru Points : 1
Registration date : 2009-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post by MysteriousGgirl Wed May 20, 2009 4:56 pm

Klavier wrote:Mucho posts surehit o_o Musta pressed button lots... too many fast passages or trilling on your keyboard maybe? lol! I'm finding it difficult locating Andrew I think I might enlist the help of my monarch in a royal visit to canada in order to charge him with some made up crime, lock him up in the tower of London and get him to teach me piano. I think he'll like that! Piano tunes echoing over London from that historical melancholy place, he'd be inspired and so would I listening!

Dont be selfish we need him to teach us ,too. Twisted Evil
So, I can help u with ur plan if u dont mind.. Cool
MysteriousGgirl
MysteriousGgirl
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Female Number of posts : 125
Job/hobbies : Designing, Drawing and playing Piano
Length of time playing piano : Biggner needs alot of help :D
Guru Points : 1
Registration date : 2009-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post by surehit123 Thu May 21, 2009 1:52 am

Im am so sorry the computer was lagging Rolling Eyes
surehit123
surehit123
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 239
Job/hobbies : Student
Length of time playing piano : 7 months
Guru Points : 3
Registration date : 2009-03-29

https://www.youtube.com/user/surehit123

Back to top Go down

Post by :.Smiley.: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:48 pm

Is Clair De Lune a hard song to learn/play? I LOVE that song:D lol.
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Male Number of posts : 23
Job/hobbies : reading, drawing, swimming, piano, computer :P
Length of time playing piano : Late August 2009
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2009-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:42 am

Smile You've got a pretty good feel for tempo and dynamics. great job man!!!
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1277
Job/hobbies : Piano teacher, pianist
Length of time playing piano : Started in 1992; 17 years of playing.
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-02-22

http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by xkuruma Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:39 am

UPDATE: Twilight New Moon Soundtrack - The Meadow Smile
xkuruma
xkuruma
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Male Number of posts : 21
Length of time playing piano : 2 and a half years
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by xkuruma Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:47 am

Hey guys!.
It's been a long time since I've updated my performances thread here on the forum!.
So I wanted to let you guys now I uploaded this new video playing Schubert's Impromptu op. 90 no 3.
I loved this piece since the first time I heard it in a tv series and I had to learn it right away! Smile

I hope you guys like it ! Razz

Schubert's Impromptu Op. 90 No. 3 D. 899
xkuruma
xkuruma
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthieu Stepec Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:09 pm

You did a good job on learning this piece, really. For someone who played only for a few years, you play really well...

But now, please, please, please, do Schubert a favor and buy an acoustic piano Smile
Matthieu Stepec
Matthieu Stepec
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Male Number of posts : 204
Job/hobbies : Fencing, Table Tennis
Length of time playing piano : About 15 years
Guru Points : 25
Registration date : 2009-09-08

https://www.youtube.com/matthieustepec

Back to top Go down

Post by VictorCS Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:15 am

Never heard that piece before, but i guess Shubert knew what he was doing because that piece was beautiful. Without having any reference, I gotta say, you played it great.
VictorCS
VictorCS

Male Number of posts : 944
Length of time playing piano : Started playing seriously in 2007, and been doing so since.
Guru Points : 18
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by frank Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:34 pm

Sounds good, nice expression. But maybe the timing of the fast notes should be a bit more uniformly.

Of course, it is not fair to compare it with a professional piano player, just for reference:

frank
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 211
Job/hobbies : computer programmer
Length of time playing piano : some weeks before registration date
Guru Points : 8
Registration date : 2009-05-24

http://www.frank-buss.de

Back to top Go down

Post by xkuruma Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:21 pm

Hey guys thanks for all the replies Smile
@Matthieu yeah I wish I had the money to buy a grand haha that'd be awesome!, but for now I gotta settle for a digital since I'm still just a student

..and
frank wrote:Sounds good, nice expression. But maybe the timing of the fast notes should be a bit more uniformly.
yes, since I made that video I actually have been playing with the arpeggios on the right hand to give them a nicer expression, like in this video:

xkuruma
xkuruma
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthieu Stepec Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:03 am

Man, the video you posted played by Nate Koch is bad... It's played on an electric piano and the playing itself is not really good (not good at all). Zimerman's version (the one posted above) is much, much better! Also try Richter's:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gMtrfVlMVY
Matthieu Stepec
Matthieu Stepec
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:29 pm

Personally I feel Zimmerman is my favorite Schubert interpreter! Not that I have heard to many, but still I have yet to discover someone that playes Schuberts pieces better than he does!
Thomandy
Thomandy

Male Number of posts : 2616
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthieu Stepec Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:50 pm

I love Zimerman, but Richter Pwns him Very Happy
Matthieu Stepec
Matthieu Stepec
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:54 am

Matthieu Stepec wrote:I love Zimerman, but Richter Pwns him Very Happy

I feel Richter got the urge to go faster than he somethimes should.. But yes, his furioso playing is at times the most explosive thing one come across Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthieu Stepec Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:55 pm

Oh, your one of these peole who think Richter is a brute... No, no, no! Richter owns Zimerman in Schubert, not in Prokofiev!

Smile
Matthieu Stepec
Matthieu Stepec
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by pianochris Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:00 am

I'm a Brendel man myself. To watch him live is awe inspiring. Pity he's retired from public concerts.

pianochris
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2010-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthieu Stepec Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:41 pm

I never really liked Brendel actually. He obiously has amazing musical ideas, but I find his tone very poor, and to watch him make all these strange faces annoys me (especially because of the fact that it only comes from an extreme tension around his neck, which he was never able to get rid of...) I definitely find Richter more inspiring in Schubert.

I saw Beethoven's 3rd concerto by the late Brendel on TV a few months back. I played the piece myself, and it was interesting to see how different our approaches were. Of course I am a young man, and he was old already; his version was probably more poetic but lacked energy in my opinion. Nevertheless there were very interesting ideas and phrasings. It is just that overall, he doesn't convince me more than other pianists. Richter in the same piece gave me the same impression: some amazing moments but overall maybe not my favorite. I liked Zimerman more in this piece.
Matthieu Stepec
Matthieu Stepec
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by pianochris Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:35 am

Interesting thought Matthieu. I think Brendel's dynamic control including tone is really good. Agree about the strange faces - alongwith the constant back arching and looks to the ceiling.

pianochris
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2010-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:51 am

Matthieu Stepec wrote:Oh, your one of these peole who think Richter is a brute... No, no, no! Richter owns Zimerman in Schubert, not in Prokofiev!

Smile

Hehe, "one of these people", nice to get into that booth ;p .. But, yes I did listen to your ex. here, and yes, I did perhaps get a new impression. Not that I really change my opinion. I did never say anything about him not being able to play like in your ex. - Still I feel some of his performances or recordings of pieces are to fast, and at the cost of the musicality... And again, Ill point out this does not mean I have summoned up him as a pianist, just cause of this one statement! There are of course so many aspects to every single one of us, that to put anyone, in a booth, would be ignorant! Wink hehe - So yes, he is of course excellent!! Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2