Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hellow everyone

3 posters

Go down

Hellow everyone Empty Hellow everyone

Post by armughan Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:13 am

hi everyone,
my name is armughan (armagaan). i am 17, recent h.s graduate, living in usa, originally from pakistan (hope thats ok). i like to play piano/harmonuim/every other instrument on my synth. yes, i have a syth and it sounds terrible:(.....hope to get digital piano some day. i also fix and modify electronics for fun.. psp now a days.....enough of that

i love pakistani music, but dont play it because there are no guidelines, no sheet music, etc etc.
to learn, one has to have a teacher who would teach like 1000 or some tunes orally..u know, it's same as Indian music (complicated+confusing).
i played f-horn in my high school concert band for 2 years, and took music theory/composition class. heard j.s bach's little fugue in g minor (bwv578) from my fellow horn player and fell in love with it. since then, i have been trying to write fugues, but no match at all:D...i still need to learn more i guess...plus i know i can never write like him. i started to teach myself piano so that i can play this amazing fugue. that went really well with my method Very Happy....i didn;t want to wait so i just stared with the organ transcription of the fugue and kept eliminating the parts where feet were need:lol!: ....and as a result i have 2 out of 4 pages memorized, as well as toccata in dm (bwv565) memorized in about 6 months(bwv881 is next on my list)....now that i wish to be able to play alot of bach's piece, i should really work on fingering technique+sight reading and thats why i am here:)......

my english is not that good so please nevermind the mistakes, and also sorry if bored you silent

i found Mr. Andrew on youtube, watched every single lesson of him. Although i knew that stuff from my theory class, i just liked listening to him and was curious if he would tell anything that i was not told:P. You have done a great job Andrew, keep it going...Smile

armughan
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Male Number of posts : 7
Job/hobbies : writing/playing music, fixing/modifying electronics
Length of time playing piano : 6 months
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Hellow everyone Empty Re: Hellow everyone

Post by VictorCS Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:27 am

Welcome to Andrews forum, I see you've playd horn for 2 years, I've never playd horn,
but it'll probably alot different from a piano in one way, how you play it,
but real similare in another way, how the music is playd...

What you could do is learn how to improvise, but first you'll have to learn scales,
two scales that sounds kinda middle east/indian/egyptian are minor harmonic and spanish gypsy...
VictorCS
VictorCS

Male Number of posts : 944
Length of time playing piano : Started playing seriously in 2007, and been doing so since.
Guru Points : 18
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by armughan Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:57 am

VictorCS wrote:Welcome to Andrews forum, I see you've playd horn for 2 years, I've never playd horn,
but it'll probably alot different from a piano in one way, how you play it,
but real similare in another way, how the music is playd...

What you could do is learn how to improvise, but first you'll have to learn scales,
two scales that sounds kinda middle east/indian/egyptian are minor harmonic and spanish gypsy...

Thank You:), form horn playing i learned how to read which has helped alot on piano
I know all the keys, rarely go to major ones because i find sad/dark music more attractive.
I try to improvise on harmonuim which is a hand pumped reed organ. On piano, i cant concentrate on both hands while improvising...

i love harmonic minors but what is spanish gypsy scratch ...never heard of it.

armughan
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Male Number of posts : 7
Job/hobbies : writing/playing music, fixing/modifying electronics
Length of time playing piano : 6 months
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:24 am

Welcome Smile Enjoy your stay Smile