Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emily Bear- 6 year-old prodigy, the next mozart?

+2
VictorCS
harmony
6 posters

Go down

Emily Bear- 6 year-old prodigy, the next mozart? Empty Emily Bear- 6 year-old prodigy, the next mozart?

Post by harmony Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:07 pm

I don't know about you guys, but have you heard of Emily Bear? She is only six years old and she has already performed in many places, including the white house. She even composes her own music and they usually only take her about 5-10 minutes. She has been in the Ellen DeGeneres show 2 times now and has her own CD out. I just fell in love with her music, although it could be a bit better, her compositions are just lovely.

Ellen's song-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSmXrIKSXGk
harmony
harmony
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Female Number of posts : 22
Job/hobbies : playing piano and violin and listening to music
Length of time playing piano : About six months?
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Back to top Go down

Emily Bear- 6 year-old prodigy, the next mozart? Empty Re: Emily Bear- 6 year-old prodigy, the next mozart?

Post by VictorCS Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:30 pm

She was great......

I wonder, maybe kids should play on a smaller scale piano? You know, you never learned to ride a huge bike at first,
you started of with a small one, and went bigger when you grew. It's like that with alot of things.

I just think that smaller keys would allow to improve the playing for small kids.
And also not do any weirdo stretched that can cause "health"-problems for the hands.
VictorCS
VictorCS

Male Number of posts : 944
Length of time playing piano : Started playing seriously in 2007, and been doing so since.
Guru Points : 18
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Emily Bear- 6 year-old prodigy, the next mozart? Empty Re: Emily Bear- 6 year-old prodigy, the next mozart?

Post by CripKilla Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:20 am

There are also many good, like Enzo https://www.youtube.com/user/blueyoyi
CripKilla
CripKilla
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 423
Job/hobbies : Bank Robber
Length of time playing piano : Since Huamn Existence
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:23 am

CripKilla wrote:There are also many good

That is true. But remember that these tallented young kids often have gotten proffessional training since they where, 3 ,4 ,5 and so on, so many of them got 3-4-5-6-7-8 years of experience!! =) And kids are more likly to take it into themeselfe than older ones! =)
Thomandy
Thomandy

Male Number of posts : 2616
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by harmony Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:09 am

VictorCS wrote:She was great......

I wonder, maybe kids should play on a smaller scale piano? You know, you never learned to ride a huge bike at first,
you started of with a small one, and went bigger when you grew. It's like that with alot of things.

I just think that smaller keys would allow to improve the playing for small kids.
And also not do any weirdo stretched that can cause "health"-problems for the hands.

Actually I think it's better this way because then when they do play on a real piano it'd be weird at take some time to adjust u know?
harmony
harmony
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by harmony Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:10 am

CripKilla wrote:There are also many good, like Enzo https://www.youtube.com/user/blueyoyi

yes there are a lot but have u ever heard of a 2 year-old doing scales on the piano? well that was emily bear lol
harmony
harmony
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Girlygirljune Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:16 pm

O mu gosh when i saw that i was amazed I was like shes 6 she knows how to play wayy better than me and im way older than her
Girlygirljune
Girlygirljune
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Female Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:38 pm

Girlygirljune wrote:O mu gosh when i saw that i was amazed I was like shes 6 she knows how to play wayy better than me and im way older than her

Age really does not got anything to do with piano. Its all about tallent and time you constructibly use by the piano.
I think its more impressive that a man in his 60s are as good as here after 3-4 years, than she is, actually...
BUT, I would rather look at small ones couse they are cute and inecent. And the Piano is so big compared to them + of course, Im not saying the 6yr olds are bad and not tallented, couse the Really are! Smile But yeah, kids eat anthing fast if the got the gift! Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:56 pm

Wonderful song ^_^ she's sooo cute!! Lovely little girl! I can't wait to see what she develops into when she's older. Very Happy
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1277
Job/hobbies : Piano teacher, pianist
Length of time playing piano : Started in 1992; 17 years of playing.
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-02-22

http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:21 am

Admin Andrew wrote:Wonderful song ^_^ she's sooo cute!! Lovely little girl! I can't wait to see what she develops into when she's older. Very Happy

Yeah Smile Youtube is awesome for childpianoplayers. I favorited thi 4ryear old that play a medley of different pieces... Its great! Hehe Smile hm... Ill post a link to:

Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down