Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

music homework.. just like to know your opinions :)

+2
Phi
moonlight21
6 posters

Go down

music - music homework.. just like to know your opinions :) Empty music homework.. just like to know your opinions :)

Post by moonlight21 Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:29 pm

what is your impression of the classical kind of music? study
moonlight21
moonlight21
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Female Number of posts : 31
Job/hobbies : 4th year high school student/reading books and listening to music
Length of time playing piano : just started.. :)
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Back to top Go down

music - music homework.. just like to know your opinions :) Empty Re: music homework.. just like to know your opinions :)

Post by Phi Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:34 pm

More insightful, intellectual and memorable than any other kind of music we have today.

Phi
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 122
Job/hobbies : Student/Gaming, Piano, Programming
Length of time playing piano : Since Feb. 08
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Back to top Go down

music - music homework.. just like to know your opinions :) Empty Re: music homework.. just like to know your opinions :)

Post by Thomandy Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:47 am

Phi wrote:More insightful, intellectual and memorable than any other kind of music we have today.

That is True Smile
Still I like alot of todays music aswell. All for its own occations! =)
Thomandy
Thomandy

Male Number of posts : 2616
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Phi Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:40 pm

thomandy wrote:
That is True Smile

Yeah.. me too.
But I don't think there'll be people performing today's music three hundred years from now.

Phi
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by kwesifriends Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:56 pm

Me I'm not fan of the present musics but I think the majority loves it a lot.... Sad
kwesifriends
kwesifriends
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 139
Job/hobbies : Student, Bookaholic, Piano, Violin
Length of time playing piano : 10 months
Registration date : 2008-06-08

http://kwesifriends.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:24 pm

Phi wrote:
thomandy wrote:
That is True Smile

Yeah.. me too.
But I don't think there'll be people performing today's music three hundred years from now.

Think you are right about that one!! Smile Thats why Im going to be a great composer and create music that is played 300 years from now! ; hehehe

kwesifriends wrote:Me I'm not fan of the present musics but I think the majority loves it a lot.... Sad

Hehe, dont have to be depressed abut that! Its just great that there is a style going on, or many different styles to be exact, so that there is somthing for everyone to enjoy Very Happy:D
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by VictorCS Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:27 pm

Some of the classical music is great, but, yes, there is a but... I have Bachs complete collection played by The Hanssler Bachakademie, 172 CD's...
Few of his works are know by the majority, and few are worth listening to twice...

Every classic musician have their very know works and less know works, but most of their works arent really that much know, because they wasnt origianl enough...
That's the same with todays artists, but there are many more artists compared to old times, and much more music are made, and alot of different styles...
Some songs are made for everybody to enjoy, some are made for this or that style...

I listen to metal, and Nightwish and Within Temptation are bands that play that style, and it's not an universal style, but artists like Mika and James Blunt are pretty universal,
everybody listens to it and everybody remembers their songs and the radio play's that kind of stuff because everybody can enjoy.... Who cant remember You're Beatiful?

There are songs that are hits one year and are forgotten the next, but there's also hits that stays, and people remember it.
Some of the 19th's works will be playd for along time...
Just look at The Beatles, ABBA, Toto, The Eagles, Michael Jackson, Jean Michel Jarre...

But it will always be their greatest hits that are remembered, because they where the very best....
You can take alot of pictures before you get one great they say, and it's the same with music...

It's all about making 1 good that stucks in your mind bounce

( fly-by-writting ) ^_^

How could I forget Elvis?
VictorCS
VictorCS

Male Number of posts : 944
Length of time playing piano : Started playing seriously in 2007, and been doing so since.
Guru Points : 18
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:01 pm

Great post Vic!! Very true! Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Phi Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:27 pm

thomandy wrote:Great post Vic!! Very true! Smile
I agree.

But I don't think anyone a hundred years from now will look back at a rapper and say: "wow, listen to this guy's rhyme, isn't that ingenuity" -because, while the music may appeal to us now, there is very little music that will stand stand the test of time.

I a huge rap fan, I listen to rock and I follow worldwide charts. Its funny how a "rubbish" song could be a number 1 hit. In those days , it didn't even have an audience by the end of the performance. pale

Well, I guess its a two-sided thing, because there must have been an overwhelming number of composers back then, and we only know of a few today.

Phi
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:04 pm

Yeah.. But do you think they thought for 300years ago that the classical music would be played now these days, 300 years later??!
I dont know, they might have. Im just saying, trend moves in waves, maby classical music is the hottest thing in 100 years from now, and in 400 years rap is back or somthing! I have no idea, and I dont think many others know how it turns out. I like classical music, and would like to compose som classicalinspired pieces. I have one ready that is inspired by Chopin Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Phi Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:32 pm

thomandy wrote:

Think you are right about that one!! Smile Thats why Im going to be a great composer and create music that is played 300 years from now! ; hehehe

...and would like to compose some classicalinspired pieces. I have one ready that is inspired by Chopin

Sure.. why not?? Be sure to make a vid.
Who knows, you could be the adult prodigy we've all been waiting for Very Happy

Phi
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by moonlight21 Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:13 pm

Thanks for sharing your opinions/ideas everyone Exclamation

Our school year has just started and that was actually our first music homework. Very Happy
moonlight21
moonlight21
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Female Number of posts : 31
Job/hobbies : 4th year high school student/reading books and listening to music
Length of time playing piano : just started.. :)
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:29 pm

Phi wrote:
thomandy wrote:

...and would like to compose some classicalinspired pieces. I have one ready that is inspired by Chopin

Sure.. why not?? Be sure to make a vid.
Who knows, you could be the adult prodigy we've all been waiting for Very Happy

Hehehhe Smile I wish! Wink Ill make a vid or two within a week Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelbert0923 Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:43 pm

It release my kept emotions whether it is sad or happy but most of the time are my sad emotions. It also relax my mind and I feel cleanse from my soul. Sometimes classical musics also gives me more idea on my works. Very Happy
Adelbert0923
Adelbert0923
Advanced Pianist
Advanced Pianist

Male Number of posts : 96
Job/hobbies : College
Length of time playing piano : Total: 2months only coz I stopped...
Registration date : 2008-04-19

https://www.youtube.com/user/Adelbert0923

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:37 pm

Adelbert0923 wrote:It release my kept emotions whether it is sad or happy but most of the time are my sad emotions. It also relax my mind and I feel cleanse from my soul. Sometimes classical musics also gives me more idea on my works. Very Happy

Yeah, well put =) But I feel like I got to be a little "sad" to play sad music. Thats why my more emotional pieces havnt been practiced so much latly Razz hehe But, my new comp. is very emotional I think.. hope Razz At least I had the right mood when I sat down and wrote the parts! Razz Smile

You also got compositions going on Adelbert?? Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelbert0923 Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:13 am

thomandy wrote:
Adelbert0923 wrote:It release my kept emotions whether it is sad or happy but most of the time are my sad emotions. It also relax my mind and I feel cleanse from my soul. Sometimes classical musics also gives me more idea on my works. Very Happy

Yeah, well put =) But I feel like I got to be a little "sad" to play sad music. Thats why my more emotional pieces havnt been practiced so much latly Razz hehe But, my new comp. is very emotional I think.. hope Razz At least I had the right mood when I sat down and wrote the parts! Razz Smile

You also got compositions going on Adelbert?? Smile

Yes but I don't know if it is beautiful...besides it's not yet done...
Adelbert0923
Adelbert0923
Advanced Pianist
Advanced Pianist

Male Number of posts : 96
Job/hobbies : College
Length of time playing piano : Total: 2months only coz I stopped...
Registration date : 2008-04-19

https://www.youtube.com/user/Adelbert0923

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down