Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How much Sleep do you get on average?

+21
kwesifriends
Pianokid220
zeroflash
Thomandy
truetothis
ktruong77
LizaTRENCHCOAT
g0tfish
VictorCS
maggiekedves
Dalirus
Furelisa
KOH
Phobik2000
kel2corkey
BiVOL
1uc
AderEN
Jesse
Jordan
Admin Andrew
25 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

How much Sleep do you get on average? - Page 2 Empty Re: How much Sleep do you get on average?

Post by g0tfish Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:03 am

maggiekedves wrote:you told us you are going on a trip soon so hopefully you can rest your hands there...
Everyone appreciates your hard work...
Ive heard about software which help people with difficulties. There is one for I think the vision impaired it reads the text loudly and you can dictate text and it writes it into the computer... maybe you should consider a solution like that... which doesnt require your hands... we definitely dont want to cause you problems.

i agree! mayb u can get sum1 to help run the site while ur resting or sumthing.. u can talk to the person and discuss what u want done all the while u rest..
i've never heard of those softwares.. thats pretty interesting!
g0tfish
g0tfish
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Female Number of posts : 30
Job/hobbies : Currently unemployed, Car/mechanic, piano, sleeping and eating
Length of time playing piano : owned a keyboard since little with no experience until now
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

How much Sleep do you get on average? - Page 2 Empty Re: How much Sleep do you get on average?

Post by LizaTRENCHCOAT Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:24 am

Admin Andrew wrote:

It's weird, I find when I have a really productive and busy day, I can't fall asleep so well...I find on the relaxing days i can just fall asleep, even if I've done nothing. I actually think that there's to much noise these days, too many big crowded cities, and we're all going crazy by having no personal space. lol How THAT for an off-music-related-topic

Wink

Yeah, I think sometimes when people have had a good day, they don't want to go to sleep, because they're like... happy, and are glad about what it's like when they're awake, and they don't want to go to bed as much, and sometimes when someone's had blah day, they just don't have that much of a passion to stay awake, so they easily go to bed.

I remember a while back, I used to be alone a lot, so sometimes I would get so blah I didn't even want to move, but when I was outside in school and doing things, I would want to stay up late, because I had a will to actually do things.
LizaTRENCHCOAT
LizaTRENCHCOAT
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Female Number of posts : 26
Job/hobbies : pIaNo!
Length of time playing piano : 11 years, minus some time in between.
Registration date : 2008-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:38 am

You make a good point ^_^ when life rocks who wants to sleep!
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1277
Job/hobbies : Piano teacher, pianist
Length of time playing piano : Started in 1992; 17 years of playing.
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-02-22

http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by ktruong77 Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:15 pm

Very little....average of 4 hours a night. I go to bed at 11.00pm and wake up at 2.00am - 3.00am and having trouble going back to sleep...Too much thinking and stress.... I drives me crazy. Kady
ktruong77
ktruong77
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Female Number of posts : 6
Job/hobbies : Reading, Music.
Length of time playing piano : 3 Months
Registration date : 2008-03-20

http://au.youtube.com/ktruong77

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:53 am

ktruong77 wrote:Very little....average of 4 hours a night. I go to bed at 11.00pm and wake up at 2.00am - 3.00am and having trouble going back to sleep...Too much thinking and stress.... I drives me crazy. Kady

Welcome to the forum Kady!
Jordan
Jordan

Male Number of posts : 244
Job/hobbies : Music, piano
Length of time playing piano : I've been playing on and off since I was 8 years old
Registration date : 2008-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by truetothis Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:47 am

Jesse wrote:Verrrrry little... I generally have bad insomnia, so I can never fall asleep... and I tend to get into horrible sleeping patterns.. (staying up until 7am, sleeping until 2pm) but yeahhhhh I try to sleep and I just end up laying there forever... it sucks.

haha, It's ok, Im the same way. I work an afternoon shift right now so I get home at about 1:30 and still can't sleep untill about 3 or 4 am, just try and be productive.

truetothis
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Male Number of posts : 12
Job/hobbies : I Left school to play music, now I'm working in a sheet metal factory (the sweet life of an artist)
Length of time playing piano : In my mind, all the time.
Registration date : 2008-04-19

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phobik2000 Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:21 am

ktruong77 wrote:Very little....average of 4 hours a night. I go to bed at 11.00pm and wake up at 2.00am - 3.00am and having trouble going back to sleep...Too much thinking and stress.... I drives me crazy. Kady

Welcome Kady. And let go of the stress.

Rock doesn't ask for sleep, but sleeping is the key for evolution (hu? Shocked )

Well, waht I wanted to say is that stress is bad for you and that rock thing, I find that if I feel I've done my share, like obligations,(school, work, or any kind of necessary task or something one as commited to) I feel much more relaxed, and ready for a rest until a new day.

But when I procrastinated ( Evil or Very Mad ) and somehow get stuck or fail (myself or others) then the mighty stress comes along and takes away your precious relax and gets in the way of a nice resting.

Wiki mentions something about a light therapy, I should try it out...
Phobik2000
Phobik2000
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 150
Job/hobbies : IT
Registration date : 2008-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by ktruong77 Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:51 am

Hi Phobik2000,
Thank you for your simple, straight-forward approach to my recurring problem. Your ideas are very much appreciated...they're pragmatic and encouraging. Kady
ktruong77
ktruong77
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Female Number of posts : 6
Job/hobbies : Reading, Music.
Length of time playing piano : 3 Months
Registration date : 2008-03-20

http://au.youtube.com/ktruong77

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:43 pm

For the time beeing, I get very unregular hours with sleep.
I can sleep from 12-6 or from 8in the morning - 1500
Or even worse, from 12-2 and then 9-12 the next morning :S:S
Its just totaly messed up at the moment :p
But preferable I would like to sleep from 1 - 8 Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Male Number of posts : 2616
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:56 pm

Today...i slept in until 1pm...*gasp*
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:53 pm

Admin Andrew wrote:Today...i slept in until 1pm...*gasp*

Lucky you Smile I woke at 10am
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiekedves Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:55 am

thomandy wrote:
Admin Andrew wrote:Today...i slept in until 1pm...*gasp*

Lucky you Smile I woke at 10am
I envie both of you...
Im on a selfdestructive mission called final period affraid

I usually go to bed around 3-4 am and I need to wake up the latest 7.30 that gives me 4,5 hours at most. Although this week I went to bed around 4.30-5 am ... nah that is killing me pale

I will go to Arizona tomorrow night for 5 days hope I can get a little more sleep there.
BUT ooooh happy day... April 30th will be the last day of my suffering for a while.
maggiekedves
maggiekedves
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Female Number of posts : 603
Job/hobbies : SLCC student - Nursing ////// music is like air
Length of time playing piano : 10 months ( time is running :) )
Guru Points : 2
Registration date : 2008-03-06

https://www.youtube.com/user/maggiekedves

Back to top Go down

Post by zeroflash Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:12 am

Ohhh... yeah. It must have been very tiring to sleep that way. Yeah, it's kinda hard with a very tight schedule. Oh and don't forget to give yourself as break. Smile Take every chance. ^_^ I'm good at 5-6 hrs a day. Got used to it on the night shift. huhuhu.

zeroflash
Advanced Pianist
Advanced Pianist

Male Number of posts : 54
Job/hobbies : Technical support, Customer Service, Playing the Piano, video games, books, computers/int
Length of time playing piano : around 2 years total. :)
Registration date : 2008-04-15

https://www.youtube.com/zeroflashx2

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:41 am

Or body really need the sleep. But it isnt andy fun in turning in early, and its noe fun to wake early... Well, actualle my best pariod is if I manage to sleep 11-12 and get up 0600 - And play piano and eat breakfast(?) =)
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiekedves Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:41 pm

thomandy wrote:Or body really need the sleep. But it isnt andy fun in turning in early, and its noe fun to wake early... Well, actualle my best pariod is if I manage to sleep 11-12 and get up 0600 - And play piano and eat breakfast(?) =)
That is an excellent way to start your morning... I actually go to bed with the piano Smile I mean I play before go to bed... I can sit on the bed and play and than collapse drunken
I will need to miss playing for 5 days... there is no piano in Arizona yet Sad Oh well, I will be in a bigger trouble during the summer...
maggiekedves
maggiekedves
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiekedves Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:46 pm

zeroflash wrote:Ohhh... yeah. It must have been very tiring to sleep that way. Yeah, it's kinda hard with a very tight schedule. Oh and don't forget to give yourself as break. Smile Take every chance. ^_^ I'm good at 5-6 hrs a day. Got used to it on the night shift. huhuhu.
What kind of night shift did you do? Im planning to be a night nurse soon... I am up till late night anyway.

I am definitely good at 5-6 hours. Usually I woke up by myself after 6 hours, that seems to be enough sleep at a time. I always hated that during the summer... my biological clock was set for sleeping from midnight to 6 am and I couldnt sleep during the summer break I was up right around 6 am.

Im going home to Hungary for the summer, that will be 8 hours difference from where I live now Im curious what my body is going to think about the change.
maggiekedves
maggiekedves
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by zeroflash Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:00 pm

I'm in customer service. Smile we tender to customers at the wee hours of the night. 12:30 AM to 9:30. And you said it!!! It's summer here at it's about 90-95ºF. I unintentionally break my sleeping hours into teenie tiny 30-45 minutes each. Sad

Hmmm yeah. you usually have long shifts (both day/night shifts) if I'm not mistaken. Smile you can easily fix your body clock when you get back since you sleep at a minimal number of hours per day. I know you can adjust. Smile and don't forget to practice playing. Very Happy It's always hard to kick in something into your tight sched. but it's how you feel about doing them that counts. ^_~

zeroflash
Advanced Pianist
Advanced Pianist

Job/hobbies : Technical support, Customer Service, Playing the Piano, video games, books, computers/int

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:46 pm

Last night I went to bed at 4 am since I shot those 4 video's last night....man i'm tired right now... i feel like a zombie Sleep
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:07 pm

Admin Andrew wrote:Last night I went to bed at 4 am since I shot those 4 video's last night....man i'm tired right now... i feel like a zombie Sleep

Then you deserved all the sleep you could get Very Happy
Thomandy
Thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by zeroflash Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:35 am

thomandy wrote:
Admin Andrew wrote:Last night I went to bed at 4 am since I shot those 4 video's last night....man i'm tired right now... i feel like a zombie Sleep

Then you deserved all the sleep you could get Very Happy

Yeah, get some sleep man. Very Happy You definitely could some after 4 vids. That was roughlt an hour if I'm not mistaken. As for me, just woke up! 9 in the morning. Very Happy the day looks fine at this side of the planet ^_^

zeroflash
Advanced Pianist
Advanced Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Phobik2000 Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:10 am

ktruong77 wrote:Hi Phobik2000,
Thank you for your simple, straight-forward approach to my recurring problem. Your ideas are very much appreciated...they're pragmatic and encouraging. Kady

You're welcome. I myself am all messed up, if I don't get regular 7-8h of lseep I'm all zombie, but I always manage to get someting to stop me from going to bed at decent times (anything not past 1 am) and hence if I stay awake all night, then I need to stay in bed until the midle of the day, which despite de hour count, isn't anything near as refreshing as a good night sleep.

Guess I'm too busy trying to figure the meaning of life... study
Phobik2000
Phobik2000
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 150
Job/hobbies : IT
Registration date : 2008-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:54 am

Lol...wow i just stumbled on this and check this out, it looks pretty intense, I think i'd be a bit nervous about trying it, what do you guys think?

http://www.colorpointinstitute.com/brainwavetherapy.htm
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zeroflash Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:49 pm

whoa.. has this been tested and approved? Very Happy I'm not sure... It might alter something else. Just to make sure it really helps.

zeroflash
Advanced Pianist
Advanced Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiekedves Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:15 pm

Admin Andrew wrote:Lol...wow i just stumbled on this and check this out, it looks pretty intense, I think i'd be a bit nervous about trying it, what do you guys think?

http://www.colorpointinstitute.com/brainwavetherapy.htm

That must be a pretty smart gadget for 1400 dollar Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
What does that mean that it is only intended to use at home? If it is that great hospitals should use it... but I guess it is not that great lol!
maggiekedves
maggiekedves
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by VictorCS Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:18 pm

This is much better, and cheaper:
http://i-doser.com/
VictorCS
VictorCS

Male Number of posts : 944
Length of time playing piano : Started playing seriously in 2007, and been doing so since.
Guru Points : 18
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next