Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Watch, grab and slow down video from YouTube

4 posters

Go down

Watch, grab and slow down video from YouTube Empty Watch, grab and slow down video from YouTube

Post by jytte Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:00 pm

FREE Any Video Converter

Here's a FREE Video Converter, that I use myself.
What does that have to do with piano-playing, you ask?
Have you ever watched a great piano-video on YouTube, and wished you were able to save it to your computer, to watch offline or just to have it in case they yank it off the net? Have you ever wanted to be able to watch that same video at a slower speed, so you could really see how they play those difficult passages, or what chords they use? Well, with this little FREE program, you CAN do all that.
Copy and paste the URL from the video on YouTube directly into the program, and AVC will download it and convert it to your chosen format - for instance wmv for Windows Media Player, or whichever software/format you prefer to use. Then you can watch it as often as you like, in whatever speed you like, and never loose it. AVC will also let you save as audio only, mp3 or other formats.

Watch, grab and slow down video from YouTube AVC
jytte
jytte
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Female Number of posts : 268
Length of time playing piano : Since July 2009 (Yamaha PSR E313) SHEET COLLECTION ON MY WEBSITE
Guru Points : 11
Registration date : 2009-07-19

http://www.piano.christrup.net

Back to top Go down

Watch, grab and slow down video from YouTube Empty Re: Watch, grab and slow down video from YouTube

Post by Pianoted Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:32 pm

Then there is Keepvid.
Pianoted
Pianoted
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Number of posts : 154
Guru Points : 13
Registration date : 2010-06-08

Back to top Go down

Watch, grab and slow down video from YouTube Empty Re: Watch, grab and slow down video from YouTube

Post by Kelly Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:00 pm

Been using keepvid, it's online so there's no installation problems to go through.
Kelly
Kelly
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Female Number of posts : 134
Job/hobbies : Student
Guru Points : 9
Registration date : 2010-09-05

https://www.facebook.com/tkellerz

Back to top Go down

Post by jytte Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:39 pm

Except keepvid will only download the video for you, into limited formats, you then need software to convert the video into another format, and to work with it. That's why I use AVC, it does it all (including cutting).
jytte
jytte
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Length of time playing piano : Since July 2009 (Yamaha PSR E313) SHEET COLLECTION ON MY WEBSITE

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:11 pm

But one of the formates available matches the media player I use, so I don't need to convert anything. Smile Btw, I use RealPlayer, it accepts most media formates.
Kelly
Kelly
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by VictorCS Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:12 pm

For some reason this player reminds me of late 90's early 2000: RealPlayer affraid

I use VLC and MPC, those play anything, they're lightweight too.
VictorCS
VictorCS

Male Number of posts : 944
Length of time playing piano : Started playing seriously in 2007, and been doing so since.
Guru Points : 18
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Pianoted Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:50 pm

I use VLC to play piano tutorials very slowly so I can see what the teacher is playing. AVC is probably good if you want to choose from many formats, but I prefer MP4, which Keepvid offers.

Once I was doing some conversion and converted to AVI instead of MP4. It looked very different, the picture was another size and proportions than on the original YouTube video. So now I stick with MP4.
Pianoted
Pianoted
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Number of posts : 154
Guru Points : 13
Registration date : 2010-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:57 am

VictorCS wrote:For some reason this player reminds me of late 90's early 2000: RealPlayer affraid

Yea, I know, but it's been the only media player that hasn't failed on me, WMP on the other hand, no matter which version, always screwed up my playlists. So since realplayer ain't givin' me headaches it's good to go.

I also have VLC, It's great to watch movies and add subtitles to them.
Kelly
Kelly
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by jytte Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:01 am

I use wmv format a lot cause I made my own movies in movie-maker, out of habit I guess. I also like that format, because that's one that everyone can watch, at least it used to be that way.
I don't know VLC, maybe I'll have a look at that one.
jytte
jytte
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down