Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hello im from los angeles

4 posters

Go down

hello im from los angeles  Empty hello im from los angeles

Post by Caius Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:05 am

hello my name is Lawrence n i've been playin piano 4 about 5 months now right now im currently stuck on trying 2 play with both my hands if anybody has any hints,tips,n trick plz post much appreciation ty

Caius
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Number of posts : 14
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2010-06-18

Back to top Go down

hello im from los angeles  Empty Re: hello im from los angeles

Post by Pianoted Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:13 pm

Hello Caius and welcome to the forum.

I have been playing for a shorter period than you, so I'm no expert at how to play with both hands. Can't do that expect with simple chords left hand, one note melodies right hand.

I read somewhere that you are supposed to practise scales and chords with each hand seperately until you can do them reasonably well. Then you play scales with both hands, which is more difficult because the fingering is different for each hand. That way you learn to synchronize your hands.
Pianoted
Pianoted
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Number of posts : 154
Guru Points : 13
Registration date : 2010-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by 1748 Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:04 pm

iam from zero too for learning piano...my tips is
practise fingering (scales)after your finger comfort with piano
BUYER book to practise fingering and sight reading....and dont give up and boring now iam in beyer no.66 so iam still learning too
come and practise

Advanced Pianist
Advanced Pianist

Male Number of posts : 57
Job/hobbies : Daniel ASIA INDONESIA
Length of time playing piano : augst 2009
Registration date : 2009-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by VictorCS Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:25 pm

One would think playing the piano was easy, you press a key, and it makes a clean noise. But as you say, you want to play with both hands. And that's what makes piano harder than most think it is, because it's both a harmonic and melodic instrument.

To really get the power out of it two hands are nessecary ^_^

So how do you do it? Scales, chords and patterns ( arpeggios ) are a good start, and simple 2 beats in the left and and 1 in the right hand etc. You can play simple chords over a melody, and when you advance you can arpeggiate ( if that's a word ) the chords to make it sound more interesting. But the real important thing is practice slow. If you read a sheet practice the right hand first, then the left, and then add them together slowly. Consentrate on 2 bars ( 1 if it's complicated, 3-4 if it's easy ).

When you get better at it you could learn the melody first, then just add the harmony ( left hand ). That's what's i'm doing now. But I still practice slow and increase the speed until it reaches the speed it should be at. And to make it more solid you should do it together with a metronome. You think practicing slow will make it harder to get speed, but the speed comes like magic when you start to hit the right keys at the right time.

Playing with both hands is hard, and the only thing that helps is practice. You cant give up after a few weeks, playing the piano require years, even old musicians learn something new, because there is always something to learn.
VictorCS
VictorCS

Male Number of posts : 944
Length of time playing piano : Started playing seriously in 2007, and been doing so since.
Guru Points : 18
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Caius Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:00 pm

i just want 2 say ty u guys have been a big help bcuz now i know wat 2 really practice so ty again n anybody else who comments on this matter bcuz i think playing with both is one of the biggest challenges when learning 2 play piano

Caius
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: