Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello from Wisconsin (USA)

2 posters

Go down

Hello from Wisconsin (USA) Empty Hello from Wisconsin (USA)

Post by ZoologyGirl Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:45 pm

Hey guys.

First off, if you are wondering if I like cheese since I live in Wisconsin ("America's Dairyland")...rest assured the answer is yes, I adore cheese.

My name is Heather. I never know where to go with these introduction threads.

I've been playing piano for a long time, and for not very long at all. How is this? Because I am 2 different people of course. Not really. I got a keyboard for my birthday when I was really young, this had to be about 20 years or so ago (give or take a few years). But I never really got serious with it. It was just a cheap keyboard, nothing super fancy. I could play some very very simple songs and read very very simple sheet music for the very very simple songs. And for the years after, that's about all my piano experience. I played clarinet in 6th grade and picked up a little more music skills...but now I am in my 20's and most of it has escaped my mind. A few years ago I then started picking up the guitar, I mostly just dabbled with it, learned some chords, and never practiced enough so I'm still not even really good with that. I also have a didgeridoo, but that's not quite a piano now is it Laughing

Within the past few months I've become, for whatever reason, obsessed with pianos. I just love the sound of pianos, I peruse youtube looking at various vidoes of people playing piano, and I decided I wanted to get serious with piano. I always wished that my mother would have put me in piano lessons...but now realized why let that hold me back, it is never too late to learn. So I started researching, looking up info, etc... On one of my youtube ventures I stumbled upon Andrew's first piano tutorial video and I was ecstatic. I mean, that hair was fantastic! Laughing And the video was great too. I've been going through his videos, having "a ha!" moments, and remembering some of those music theory things I learned way back when. Right now I only have that 20 some year old not very excellent keyboard to practice on that I dug out from my mother's house...but I am saving up to get something more appropriate to learn on. For now I have been focusing on note values, scales, recognizing notes on the staff, scales, chords, intervalic reading exercises, scales etc... I have been very excited to start this journey.

Other randomness about me.
Have I mentioned I like cheese?
I graduated from the University of Wisconsin with a degree in Zoology and something called "Biological Aspects of Conservation". I love animals and I love nature. Currently my main hobby is focused on reptiles, snakes in particular. I have a few snakes and a couple geckos and hope to start breeding by next year. My main focus is on cornsnakes and various cornsnake morphs. However, I also have a pair of black milksnakes as well as a beautiful green tree python. As far as the geckos go, I currently only have 2 gargoyle geckos. I also have other animals including 2 cats, a dog (chinese crested), a bird (green cheeked conure), an old and cranky hedgehog, and my little betta fish. I plan on getting dart frogs soon, but my funds are a wee bit stretched out at this point.

I also love to travel, though my money situation generally does not allow me this luxury too much. I would like to see the world and all it has to offer. Unfortunately I have never been outside the United States.

Anyway, enough babbling. Hello, and see you around.

Last edited by ZoologyGirl on Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:21 am; edited 2 times in total
ZoologyGirl
ZoologyGirl
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Female Number of posts : 34
Job/hobbies : Reptile caretaker. Nature lover.
Length of time playing piano : June 2010
Guru Points : 3
Registration date : 2010-06-09

Back to top Go down

Hello from Wisconsin (USA) Empty Re: Hello from Wisconsin (USA)

Post by Pianoted Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:02 pm

Hello ZoologyGirl and everybody else here. Actually my sister was an exchange student in Wisconsin for a year, many years ago and loved being there.

I'm Theodor from Iceland, living in Sweden right now. I got very enthusiastic about learning to play the piano about two months ago and invested in a small 61 keys Yamaha keyboard. I quickly stumbled on Andrew's videos on YouTube and started studying them, along with other fine material on that remarkable website.

I have no former experience of pianos or keyboards whatsoever (except from listening, have always loved good music) even though my age, 44 years, might indicate otherwise.

Now I'm looking for a better keyboard or digital piano without breaking the bank and have been delving into reviews on Amazon, YouTube and of course on this forum. And I intend to keep on studying Andrew's videos, which are of great help.

Now I'm going to stop, before my readers fall asleep! Best regards to everyone, this is a very nice and friendly forum.
Pianoted
Pianoted
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Number of posts : 154
Guru Points : 13
Registration date : 2010-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by ZoologyGirl Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:59 pm

That is neat. Do you remember where she was in Wisconsin? Must have been a very fun and interesting experience for her.

Last edited by ZoologyGirl on Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:22 am; edited 1 time in total
ZoologyGirl
ZoologyGirl
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Female Number of posts : 34
Job/hobbies : Reptile caretaker. Nature lover.
Length of time playing piano : June 2010
Guru Points : 3
Registration date : 2010-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Pianoted Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:00 pm

She was in Edmunton and loved it there, was a great experience for her as far as I know. My mom and dad went to visit her for a few days during that year (1982-83, a long time ago!)
Pianoted
Pianoted
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Number of posts : 154
Guru Points : 13
Registration date : 2010-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum