Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bonjour tout le monde.

3 posters

Go down

Bonjour tout le monde. Empty Bonjour tout le monde.

Post by Kiwi Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:05 pm

Hi,
Im Simon, 21 yo, from France. Actually, not really from France because Im currently studying abroad in Germany.
Ive only been playing the piano since a few months... so let's just say I play the easy classics like "Für Elise" (but not the middle part ^^), and the first third of Satie's 1st Gymnopédie. And Liszt's Campanella... just kidding (wish I could).
My Piano is a Yamaha p85, which is, I think a good electric Piano, with a good key feeling but lacking of "sound power". I chose an electric Piano, because I think it's far more convenient than an acoustic one when you're studying abroad.
Like most of you (well I suppose), I met Andrew on YouTube and was then seduced by his non-elitist way of teaching music and Piano.
I currently don't learn or want to learn any new pieces, for I try to focus on exercises.
I do daily my fair share of Hanon's torture and also some Well Tempered Klavier. Once my skills will improve, I will also get started on Czerny's School of Velocity and Art of Fingers Dexterity.

Ive got into this Piano thing by listening to a canadian pianist. His name's Gonzales. I don't know if some of you have heard his name. He has done a great Piano album called "Solo Piano" and also do some "Piano Battles" worth watching :

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4weds_part3-piano-battle-gonzales-theme-a_music
(Hint : Gonzales is the funny guy playing the upright Piano)

See you round.

Simon.
Kiwi
Kiwi

Number of posts : 4
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2010-03-28

Back to top Go down

Bonjour tout le monde. Empty Re: Bonjour tout le monde.

Post by Rayman Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:23 pm

Welcome to the forum.

afro
Rayman
Rayman
Advanced Pianist
Advanced Pianist

Number of posts : 59
Guru Points : 3
Registration date : 2009-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by frank Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:43 pm

I have the same keyboard and you are right, the sound could be better. You could connect it to your PC with an USB MIDI adapter, like I do, then you can use a software synthesizer. This is an example I've played with the new K1 piano of the Pianoteq program:

http://www.frank-buss.de/tmp/twilight-start.mp3

There are other good programs as well, but Pianoteq has low latency, which is good for live playing.

frank
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 211
Job/hobbies : computer programmer
Length of time playing piano : some weeks before registration date
Guru Points : 8
Registration date : 2009-05-24

http://www.frank-buss.de

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum