Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need filling in on the future please teachers:)

3 posters

Go down

Need filling in on the future please teachers:) Empty Need filling in on the future please teachers:)

Post by Alistair123 Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:12 pm

Im going to be looking for a good expensive teacher sooner then later. Before I do, I want to have some idea's on what they would actually teach me. My freind has a teacher (cheap one, 7.50 per half an hour), and apparently all she does is give my freind a song to learn, and help her learn it.

For me, ive learn't a lot from Andrew, books, this forum and practising. Im guessing i'd meet the teacher and s/he would try to find out what level im at. So I was woundering; say a new student came to you (teachers), what would you do, what steps would you take ect. In other words, what should I expect?

OR, if you were a student that went to a teacher, what approach did your teacher take with you?

Cheers
Alistair123
Alistair123
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 131
Job/hobbies : Movies&Music!! Wildlife
Length of time playing piano : 09-July
Guru Points : 18
Registration date : 2009-11-15

Back to top Go down

Need filling in on the future please teachers:) Empty Re: Need filling in on the future please teachers:)

Post by Matthieu Stepec Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:57 pm

Hey!

The first thing I do when I get to see a new student is to see him playing, watch what his flaws are and try to fix them! What I do next really depends on what I see! For beginners I generally give technical exercises and simple pieces and I try to explain their purpose and how exactly to practice them...
Matthieu Stepec
Matthieu Stepec
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Male Number of posts : 204
Job/hobbies : Fencing, Table Tennis
Length of time playing piano : About 15 years
Guru Points : 25
Registration date : 2009-09-08

https://www.youtube.com/matthieustepec

Back to top Go down

Need filling in on the future please teachers:) Empty Re: Need filling in on the future please teachers:)

Post by Alistair123 Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:10 pm

Cheers for replying.

Do you often see a big change in your students?

When im being watched I can never play like I do when im alone. Im getting alot better but it still wouldnt be my norm.
Alistair123
Alistair123
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 131
Job/hobbies : Movies&Music!! Wildlife
Length of time playing piano : 09-July
Guru Points : 18
Registration date : 2009-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthieu Stepec Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:30 am

Everyone gets nervous while playing in front of someone, especially a teacher, so it's a normal fact that teachers usually are aware of. With time you'll learn to ignore this and concentrate on your goals and on the work you have to do with the teacher, instead of concentrating on how well you'll do and what the teacher would think of you Wink
Matthieu Stepec
Matthieu Stepec
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Male Number of posts : 204
Job/hobbies : Fencing, Table Tennis
Length of time playing piano : About 15 years
Guru Points : 25
Registration date : 2009-09-08

https://www.youtube.com/matthieustepec

Back to top Go down

Post by Reg_B Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:47 pm

ONE of my BIG problems with teachers when I was taking guitar lessons was that I would be looking at the teacher for approval too much.
It might sound silly, but keep yourself focused on what you are doing - not so much on how the teacher is watching and hearing the result.

Reg_B
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Number of posts : 25
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2010-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down