Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey Hey! :D

+5
maggiekedves
Jordan
Admin Andrew
zeroflash
yu58
9 posters

Go down

Hey Hey! :D Empty Hey Hey! :D

Post by yu58 Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:48 pm

Hello everyone,
My name is Lance, I'm currently 19 (going on 20). I saw Andrew's videos a year ago, they were really comprehensive and clear so I subscribed to him, then I checked back two weeks ago and I'm glad he decided to start his own little website. Oh and one of my main worries is studying the piano at this age.

Anyway, I took piano lessons when I was 5 and if i recall correctly it lasted for more than a year , then I quit for a reason that I cannot even recall :/ and I never touched a piano after that. Then when I was fifteen, I took guitar lessons but it did not stick to me. The guitar is not for me.

But I decided to continue studying piano again (I started merely two weeks ago) and reviewed reading notes once I got the unused 5 octave keyboard from my cousin. Then last week was the start of my piano lessons, we breezed through the first lesson and immediately got to the start of the second lesson pretty quickly. My teacher said that I am no beginner and I was glad to hear that (I wonder if the early piano lesson and music classes from grade school are also helping me). I usually practice 3 hours a day or more, with breaks in between and usually with a help from Andrew's videos.

So that's it. Thanks for the free lessons on youtube and best of luck to you, Andrew.
Smile

Last edited by yu58 on Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

yu58
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Male Number of posts : 7
Job/hobbies : Games, TV, travelling, some books, math, engineering related stuff... and piano of course
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Hey Hey! :D Empty Re: Hey Hey! :D

Post by zeroflash Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:17 pm

Hey Lance!! On behalf of everyone, welcome to the community! Very Happy It's good that you're playing again and you had a very good refreshing start. ^_^ Keep on playin' and practicin'! Age doesn't matter. Very Happy It doesn't matter what or how you accomplish things, what's important is in your heart. If you love it, you're unstoppable! Very Happy Take care man! Very Happy

zeroflash
Advanced Pianist
Advanced Pianist

Male Number of posts : 54
Job/hobbies : Technical support, Customer Service, Playing the Piano, video games, books, computers/int
Length of time playing piano : around 2 years total. :)
Registration date : 2008-04-15

https://www.youtube.com/zeroflashx2

Back to top Go down

Post by yu58 Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:38 pm

Yup. It's how much you're interested is what matters, I'll keep that in mind.

Sometimes I'm having a hard time putting the keyboard away for breaks. Hehe, addicted? I hope this interest will never go away especially when school is back again next month.

yu58
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Job/hobbies : Games, TV, travelling, some books, math, engineering related stuff... and piano of course

Back to top Go down

Post by zeroflash Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:59 pm

ahahha Very Happy . I know the feeling. Keep yourself motivated. The people here are very nice and helpful. Yeah, back to school again on June. Very Happy Gud luck to both your playing and schooling.^_^

zeroflash
Advanced Pianist
Advanced Pianist

Male Number of posts : 54
Job/hobbies : Technical support, Customer Service, Playing the Piano, video games, books, computers/int
Length of time playing piano : around 2 years total. :)
Registration date : 2008-04-15

https://www.youtube.com/zeroflashx2

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:54 pm

Welcome to the community!! ^_^ I see I'm a little late, but i JUST woke up. Anyway! I don't think age is a problem. Everyone has a different path in how they get to where they want to be. Don't judge yourself because you started at your age Smile it's really ok!

I'm glad i could help you with my lessons ^_^ I look forward to seeing more posts from you in the future
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1277
Job/hobbies : Piano teacher, pianist
Length of time playing piano : Started in 1992; 17 years of playing.
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-02-22

http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:49 pm

Hi Lance, welcome to the community.

Don't worry about your age, you're never too old to learn. Many people even at 70+ years old start to learn how to play, as long as you dedicate time and have a love for it, you'll succeed.
Jordan
Jordan

Male Number of posts : 244
Job/hobbies : Music, piano
Length of time playing piano : I've been playing on and off since I was 8 years old
Registration date : 2008-02-23

http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by maggiekedves Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:51 pm

yu58 wrote:Hello everyone,
My name is Lance, I'm currently 19 (going on 20). I saw Andrew's videos a year ago, they were really comprehensive and clear so I subscribed to him, then I checked back two weeks ago and I'm glad he decided to start his own little website. Oh and one of my main worries is studying the piano at this age.

Hi Lance, welcome. You seriously should not worry about your age... many of us is older than you plus we also have someone in the forum who is 70+ Smile
You are lucky that you had a chance to start the piano that early age ( even though it was only for a little while) I do believe that anything you learn before the age of 9-10 can be significant. It is there in your uncontentious you just needed to clean the dust from it. Smile We are looking forward to see you post something you play ... and here for any kind of questions. Smile Have a great day
maggiekedves
maggiekedves
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Female Number of posts : 603
Job/hobbies : SLCC student - Nursing ////// music is like air
Length of time playing piano : 10 months ( time is running :) )
Guru Points : 2
Registration date : 2008-03-06

https://www.youtube.com/user/maggiekedves

Back to top Go down

Post by yu58 Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:35 pm

Thanks everyone... I'll check back here often as I go along Wink

yu58
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:39 am

Hey Hey Yu Very Happy
Thomandy
Thomandy

Male Number of posts : 2616
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by yu58 Sat May 24, 2008 1:40 am

heheh... They bought a piano. An Upright Yamaha.

Life is Good. Smile

yu58
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelbert0923 Sat May 24, 2008 6:57 pm

yu58 wrote:Hello everyone,

Anyway, I took piano lessons when I was 5 and if i recall correctly it lasted for more than a year , then I quit for a reason that I cannot even recall :/ and I never touched a piano after that. Then when I was fifteen, I took guitar lessons but it did not stick to me. The guitar is not for me.

But I decided to continue studying piano again (I started merely two weeks ago) and reviewed reading notes once I got the unused 5 octave keyboard from my cousin. Then last week was the start of my piano lessons, we breezed through the first lesson and immediately got to the start of the second lesson pretty quickly. My teacher said that I am no beginner and I was glad to hear that (I wonder if the early piano lesson and music classes from grade school are also helping me). I usually practice 3 hours a day or more, with breaks in between and usually with a help from Andrew's videos.

So that's it. Thanks for the free lessons on youtube and best of luck to you, Andrew.
Smile

Welcome Lance!!! We're almost the same but I think you're better than me...uhmm... Very Happy You came from San Pedro, Laguna!! I think it's too far from Dasmariņas,Cavite the place where I live...... Shocked hehehehehe
Adelbert0923
Adelbert0923
Advanced Pianist
Advanced Pianist

Male Number of posts : 96
Job/hobbies : College
Length of time playing piano : Total: 2months only coz I stopped...
Registration date : 2008-04-19

https://www.youtube.com/user/Adelbert0923

Back to top Go down

Post by Casyopea Mon May 26, 2008 7:39 am

Welcome Lance! Worried about starting at 19? Naaah! With your dedication you will get very far cheers
Casyopea
Casyopea
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Female Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-04-06

http://es.youtube.com/user/casyopea1977

Back to top Go down

Post by VictorCS Mon May 26, 2008 10:52 am

"It's never to late to learn a new skill" - Lex Luthor
VictorCS
VictorCS

Male Number of posts : 944
Length of time playing piano : Started playing seriously in 2007, and been doing so since.
Guru Points : 18
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum