Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wiegenlied / Brahms Lullaby

3 posters

Go down

Wiegenlied / Brahms Lullaby Empty Wiegenlied / Brahms Lullaby

Post by jytte Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:58 am

I am currently learning Brahms Lullaby (or Wiegenlied).
I am learning THIS VERSION, even if I've seen other, probably a little easier(they were rated level 3), versions out there, because I think this one sounds nicer.
I have been playing level 1 songs, and a few level 2 (but who knows what that means really), and It might well be that this song is beyond my present ability. But it didn't look so hard, and it sounds so pretty, I thought I'd give it a try.
But I've discovered that this one is pretty darn hard to learn. I've been working at it for days, and still having lots of trouble. The 8th stretches are hard on my right hand, and the jump between the G chord and G inverted is a challenge too.
In other words, I'm in a little over my head I guess, but now I've gotten stubborn. I'm gonna get that thing, if it kills me!

Anyone else have experience with that song?
jytte
jytte
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Female Number of posts : 268
Length of time playing piano : Since July 2009 (Yamaha PSR E313) SHEET COLLECTION ON MY WEBSITE
Guru Points : 11
Registration date : 2009-07-19

http://www.piano.christrup.net

Back to top Go down

Wiegenlied / Brahms Lullaby Empty Re: Wiegenlied / Brahms Lullaby

Post by VictorCS Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:13 am

The sheet didnt look that hard ( not hard at all ), sheet usually dont do before you start practicing tho ( and you havetn played very long either ). I'm anyway sure that if you take some time, play it slowly, you'll get it done within the week. Ofcourse it'll depend on how much you practice and how much you like it.

But this lullaby is short, it's have a very easy lefthand, and the righthand is pretty much straight forward.

Since you havent played more than a month i imagine this one is pretty hard, especially to get those hands together. This is where slow practice is great. Practice slowly and it'll merge itself together and you'll find yourself playing it fast enought.
VictorCS
VictorCS

Male Number of posts : 944
Length of time playing piano : Started playing seriously in 2007, and been doing so since.
Guru Points : 18
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by jytte Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:37 am

That's what I'm trying to do. Thanks for the encouragement.
jytte
jytte
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Length of time playing piano : Since July 2009 (Yamaha PSR E313) SHEET COLLECTION ON MY WEBSITE

Back to top Go down

Post by Klavier Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:56 pm

I just took a gander at the sheet and it looks like its a great piece to learn chords from and get your hands used to them. Its a pretty tune as well even though it isn't to my taste. From what I can gather Jytte it seems like one of them initial barriers which seem really hard but once you're past that one barrier the rest is easy. study

Getting used to 3/4 Time and chords is a valuable lesson and this song is worth sticking to if it teaches you them, good luck and keep giving it a go, you'll get there!
Klavier
Klavier
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 200
Job/hobbies : ASDA Colleague | Piano, games and movies.
Length of time playing piano : 2 Weeks! ^_^
Guru Points : 9
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by jytte Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:51 am

I have no problem with the rythm, and I've played songs with more complex melody and chords. It's beyond me why this little piece is so darn hard to get. But I'll keep hacking away at it (sloooowly) until it sticks. Being stubborn helps in this venture Smile
jytte
jytte
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down