Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New chromatic music style project!! :D

3 posters

Go down

New chromatic music style project!! :D Empty New chromatic music style project!! :D

Post by kentaku_sama Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:08 am

Hey guys if you've read my previous post about my invented scales chromatic major, chromatic minor, and chromatic blues you'll get it may'be. I'm starting a project called the "Chromatic Music style project"
My and anyone who wants to participate's goal is to invent a new different sounding music by using the Chromatic, chromatic major, chromatic minor, and chromatic blues scale to compose and improvise. The sound will sort of mimic that of microtonal music. One thing to keep in mind is that chromatic music will use disharmony to create harmony or a different feeling. For example (note: <> is a chord)

In the plain C scale a second would be <c d> or <e f> ect... but in chromatic scales a second can be
<c c#> or <a a#> or even <g g# a> ect... thus creating a wierd disharmony effect. My goal also is to make something other than scary music. Something beautiful out of almost constant disharmonizing notes.

Tell me what you think of the project! Cool

If you want to help please reply also here is a chord progression in the key of "C chromatic major"

C, Dsus4, Gm6, Amaj7
kentaku_sama
kentaku_sama
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 155
Job/hobbies : Manga, Drawing, Music, Japanese Language
Length of time playing piano : 3 or 4 years seriously
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

New chromatic music style project!! :D Empty Re: New chromatic music style project!! :D

Post by sourstripe Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:17 am

woah, i love the idea behind this. though it sounds like it wont be easy. people are just so used to hearing good( by good i mean the way it is now) harmoney that it might seem weird at first to hear yours. but im sure it will come out good.

sourstripe
Beginner pianist
Beginner pianist

Male Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-07-28

Back to top Go down

New chromatic music style project!! :D Empty Re: New chromatic music style project!! :D

Post by ROBIN Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:45 pm

Hi kentaku..in my honest opinion i know many people who have been playing piano years and still dont know the whole spectrum of scales tht are available to them which have been tried and tested so unless you know all of these scales back to front yourself than i will say you are qualified to search for other interesting marriage of sounds but otherwise you are just experimenting with noise ,but dont get me wrong experimenting is a gd thing but dont run before you can walk ...personally i would rather put my time into learning more of the scales tht are alredy available ...either way if it keeps your interest sharp than carry on with your project ...this is only my opinion Smile

ROBIN
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 178
Job/hobbies : learning to play
Length of time playing piano : as long as it takes (nearly 4 months)
Guru Points : 13
Registration date : 2009-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by kentaku_sama Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:17 pm

Well I'm currently taking piano lessons and I'm about to learn the key of D, A and E major with chords and stuff and I learning on my own about modes and such but scales like "Over tone" "Pure minor" "Penetonic neutral" and such are very strange scales may'be I should look into these as well. All in all I'm trying to better my knowledge of music and have fun! Very Happy
kentaku_sama
kentaku_sama
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 155
Job/hobbies : Manga, Drawing, Music, Japanese Language
Length of time playing piano : 3 or 4 years seriously
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down