Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I can't reach this far!

2 posters

Go down

I can't reach this far! Empty I can't reach this far!

Post by Reverie Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:53 am

Hi there! I'm new here and somewhat of a beginner (and I thank Andrew dearly for the lessons on youtube, you have no idea how thankful I am to finally begin and learn to play on the piano. Seriously. I've been messing around on the piano since I was born, and now I can actually read and play some basic music on my own) and while I was reading my favorite song, I stumbled upon a problem. Here's a bit of the sheet music I'm trying to learn: I can't reach this far! Th.84e9dd2709

See the Bass clef? I read it as E-B-G. I put my fingers to the keys. I looked at the sheet music again. I looked back down to my fingers. I can't reach them all at the same time! I know I've got pretty long fingers, but man, that's a stretch even for me! Even though there's a pause in the Treble clef at the time, I know that later in the song I need both hands to play both the melody and harmony. Is there a trick to doing this? Am I reading it wrong?

I can't watch anymore lessons on youtube which makes me sad. We have satellite internet at our house, which means that the more bandwidth we use, the more likely a chance the internet company will limit our usage and eventually penalty us for using too much. Long story short, I can't download or stream any videos. Help a confused girl out?

Thanks in advance and nice to meet you all!

Reverie

Female Number of posts : 2
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2009-04-30

Back to top Go down

I can't reach this far! Empty Re: I can't reach this far!

Post by Admin Andrew Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:21 am

Smile hey there!

See that squiggly little line going up the big chords? that means you need to roll the chord to play all the notes Smile Check out my lesson on rolled chords Smile ( i can't remember which one it is, but I know i've covered it) Smile

Take care!
Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1277
Job/hobbies : Piano teacher, pianist
Length of time playing piano : Started in 1992; 17 years of playing.
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-02-22

http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Reverie Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:48 am

Oh, that makes sense! Here I thought that squiggly was just a fancy pause sign, silly me XD. Unfortunately I can't check out anymore lessons for a while until the internet stops hating me, but I'll keep practicing until I can! Thanks!

Reverie

Female Number of posts : 2
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2009-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down