Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A bit of fingering and hand exercises for scales help

3 posters

Go down

scales - A bit of fingering and  hand exercises for scales help Empty A bit of fingering and hand exercises for scales help

Post by kentaku_sama Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:07 am

Scales are pretty easy once you memorize the notes, and Ive made a devotion to learning each one one at a time Smile However like most people my 4th and 5th finger on the left hand are extremely weak. The fingering for scales are: 12312345 but it feels very strange and is difficult for me to do this, any piano exercises that could help me with this weakness. after all, a great teaching is to find your weakness and work it till it's improved. Though may'be scales are the best finger dexterity exercises. LOL

Another thing I'm wondering is that andrew said it the fingering for the scales were: 12312345 once you get to 5 your back on the tonic. But that's only for one octave, do you play 123123123...
12345 until you get back to the tonic? because when you go over an octave it get's confusing. scratch

For a chromatic scale, on the left hand do you:use 535352353... or 131312313...

Any help is appreciated! study
kentaku_sama
kentaku_sama
Well-known Pianist
Well-known Pianist

Male Number of posts : 155
Job/hobbies : Manga, Drawing, Music, Japanese Language
Length of time playing piano : 3 or 4 years seriously
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

scales - A bit of fingering and  hand exercises for scales help Empty Re: A bit of fingering and hand exercises for scales help

Post by Thomandy Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:14 am

Hi =) Well, just do scales and it will get easier and easier to do them, even though your 4 and 5 isnt to strong atm. Go slow in the beginning, very slow and using a metronome is for sure a good idea Smile You can also do hanon, if you know what they are? They are developed to strengthen your fingers, and Andrew got a lesson on it if you havnt seen it Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Male Number of posts : 2616
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

scales - A bit of fingering and  hand exercises for scales help Empty Re: A bit of fingering and hand exercises for scales help

Post by The Royal Nobody Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:08 am

Hello,

When you go over one octave playing scales you usually play with the right hand 123123412312345. With the left hand you play 543213214321321. The bold numbers is the tonic. But this doesn't mean any scale is played this way, only the ones where it's the easy to do so. For a full oversight of fingering during scales you can look in this topic: https://afpa.hooxs.com/piano-scales-f3/scales-arpeggios-in-pdf-t459.htm It has all the scales in pdf format for easy usage! While doing a chromatic scale with the left hand I use 53535235etc but I'm not sure that's the best way. It works for me though. Hope I helped.
Smile
The Royal Nobody
The Royal Nobody
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Male Number of posts : 28
Job/hobbies : Playing piano, drums, guitar. Philosophy, soccer, chess, squash and of course hanging out with frien
Length of time playing piano : about half a year
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down