Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It feels good to be on this forum with music lovers from around the world

4 posters

Go down

music - It feels good to be on this forum with music lovers from around the world Empty It feels good to be on this forum with music lovers from around the world

Post by missinglink Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:47 pm

Thank you Andrew for making this possible.
My name is JP and I am writing to you from Brussels,Belgium.I live on the countryside and travel almost every day 50 mls to Brussels to get to work.I do have a special bond with Sacramento CA
where my brother lives.
In summer when the weather is ok ,me and my girlfriend travel all over Europe on my motorcycle.
When I am not working and not riding,I play music. guitar and keyboard (piano)
I learned to play the piano back in the late 80s but we(my brother and I) were forced to sell the house and the piano when our folks passed away.I continued to play the guitar until 2002.A motorcycle accident disrupted my life and put an end to my musical ambitions.I recovered bounce
almost completely but I got stuck witk a metal plate and a couple of screws in my left wrist and shoulder.After a pianobreak of almost 25 years I bought a keyboard(piano) for my left hand can no longer handle the guitarchords .The fingers of my left hand are now about 50 pct slower than my right hand.I forgot most of what I learned about the piano.But when you ,now,mention all those pianoterms again Andrew,it sure as hell rings a bell.Thank you for that

missinglink

Male Number of posts : 2
Job/hobbies : Motorbikes - music
Length of time playing piano : I started back in the 70s in a 25 years break I forgot most of it
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down

music - It feels good to be on this forum with music lovers from around the world Empty Re: It feels good to be on this forum with music lovers from around the world

Post by Thomandy Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:34 pm

Hi" Frst of all: Welcome to the forum!! Smile

Second: Sorry to hear og your accident Sad Hope that the pianopractifce can help your handmovement. And as a little bandade, maybe: Slow pieces are awesome to Smile So hopefully youll get better and better Smile Good Luck Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Male Number of posts : 2616
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

music - It feels good to be on this forum with music lovers from around the world Empty Re: It feels good to be on this forum with music lovers from around the world

Post by missinglink Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:21 pm

Thank you for this welcome Thomandy.I feel the pain no more that was there in the begiinning I have learned to live with it.I have read most of your posts and replies and I do have to congratulate you with what you yourself have achieved in a relative short period of time.I have watched Andrew s videos for quite some time before I decided to sign up to this forum.I hope to learn a lot from you guys

missinglink

Male Number of posts : 2
Job/hobbies : Motorbikes - music
Length of time playing piano : I started back in the 70s in a 25 years break I forgot most of it
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:10 pm

Hi missinglink,

I am very sorry to hear about your accident and I am glad that you've learned to live with it. Life is too short for depression, and I can strongly understand the pain you felt throughout recuperating. Stay strong!

You're now part of this small, but warm and heartfelt community. Please do not be afraid to ask a million questions on the forum, we'll be glad to help you out in every possible way we can think of! Smile
Jordan
Jordan

Male Number of posts : 244
Job/hobbies : Music, piano
Length of time playing piano : I've been playing on and off since I was 8 years old
Registration date : 2008-02-23

http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:47 pm

Jordan wrote:
You're now part of this small, but warm and heartfelt community. Please do not be afraid to ask a million questions on the forum, we'll be glad to help you out in every possible way we can think of! Smile

Yeah, I second that - Poke around and ask whatever you feel like, and ofcourse feel free to add personal help ect. Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Male Number of posts : 2616
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Andrew Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:08 pm

Hey man! Welcome to the forum! ^_^ I'm glad my videos have been able to help! also I'm sorry to hear about your injuries. I'm also happy to hear that you've recovered! When you feel like you're able you should try posting in the performance section Smile feel free to ask questions!
Admin Andrew
Admin Andrew
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1277
Job/hobbies : Piano teacher, pianist
Length of time playing piano : Started in 1992; 17 years of playing.
Guru Points : 12
Registration date : 2008-02-22

http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down