Andrew Furmanczyk Piano Academy :: Learn How To Play Piano
Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Enjoy your time with the music community! Log in now to start posting!

~Andrew Furmanczyk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

finally got the fur elise song right

5 posters

Go down

elise - finally got the fur elise song right Empty finally got the fur elise song right

Post by leonard Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:16 pm

yep i finally learned the first movement of it, not at full tempo yet but im practicing it day and night ill get there eventually im just very happy it seemed impossible to play with two hands but now that i finally gaved it a shot it doesnt seem so impossible and actually im getting better at two hands playing im slowly progressing in that area, i just wanted to tell everyone about it, yes i know it childish but im so happy Very Happy im not sure if im gonna learn the rest of the song that really seems impossible for the moment maybe after i get the 1st movement mastered completely ill get into it or maybe just learn an easy version of canon what do you guys think?

leonard
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Male Number of posts : 26
Job/hobbies : Music and writing, writing.
Length of time playing piano : 3 weeks
Guru Points : 0
Registration date : 2008-08-30

Back to top Go down

elise - finally got the fur elise song right Empty Re: finally got the fur elise song right

Post by pianohama Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:26 am

canon or moonlight sonata would be a good second step for you yes Wink.
pianohama
pianohama
Recognized Teacher
Recognized Teacher

Number of posts : 462
Guru Points : 3
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

elise - finally got the fur elise song right Empty Re: finally got the fur elise song right

Post by Jordan Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:34 am

Chopin Prelude in E minor, Op. 28, No. 4 would be a great and emotional piece for you to play after you're done with Fur Elise. It's not such a hard piece but it's also not easy, you'll be able to play it with practice though. It'll get you used to play solid triads with your left hand and melodies with your right hand. Take a listen to it on youtube first, it's a very powerful piece.
Jordan
Jordan

Male Number of posts : 244
Job/hobbies : Music, piano
Length of time playing piano : I've been playing on and off since I was 8 years old
Registration date : 2008-02-23

http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:49 am

Jordan wrote:Chopin Prelude in E minor, Op. 28, No. 4 would be a great and emotional piece for you to play after you're done with Fur Elise. It's not such a hard piece but it's also not easy, you'll be able to play it with practice though. It'll get you used to play solid triads with your left hand and melodies with your right hand. Take a listen to it on youtube first, it's a very powerful piece.

Yeah. Thats a GREAT piece Smile I started it and learned it, but never got to practice it... Lack of motivation at the time for emotional pieces, so ended up with Turkish March instead... But Im defenetly going back to it someday Smile

Its not veru long either, but lots of variations in the left hand Smile Awesome piece!!! Smile
Thomandy
Thomandy

Male Number of posts : 2616
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by leonard Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:43 pm

i got the prelude sheet it looks kinda challenging so im gonna give it a shot i guess im gonna struggle with the triplets but like fur elise im just gonna give it my all and who knows maybe its easier than it looks plus i love chopin i hear it while i sleep xD almost every night thanks for the recomendations and after this one im planning on learning canon.

wish me luck Smile

leonard
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnA Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:51 pm

I recently managed to get the first part of fur elise practised. I must admit, when I first started I thought it would be impossible. I did have the help of Synthesia software. That really helped as I'm not a perfect sight reader just yet. I was so happy with myself the first time I played it perfect! Even though I was playing it super slow. Even so, gradually the tempo gets increased. Now it really flows. The other parts of it are difficault though. A bit too much for my standard of play at the moment. I'm definately going to try the Chopin suggested above.
JohnA
JohnA
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Male Number of posts : 25
Job/hobbies : Life Coach, skiing, canoeing, water skiing, traveling, great food, movies
Length of time playing piano : since mid August 2008
Registration date : 2008-09-01

http://www.empyreanlife.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by leonard Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:29 pm

yeah Good job i can relate to the feeling of your first two hands song it really gets you that feeling of accomplishment its really great!
congratz man and keep it updated maybe we can help each other witht the chopin prelude ^^

leonard
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomandy Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:10 am

leonard wrote:i got the prelude sheet it looks kinda challenging so im gonna give it a shot i guess im gonna struggle with the triplets but like fur elise im just gonna give it my all and who knows maybe its easier than it looks plus i love chopin i hear it while i sleep xD almost every night thanks for the recomendations and after this one im planning on learning canon.

wish me luck Smile

Well, good luck on this one Smile It isnt that much harder than the Fur Elise Theme!! Smile
And, remember, that this is one of the MOST emotional pieces ever written, so that is where the Real challenge is!!!! Wink
Thomandy
Thomandy

Male Number of posts : 2616
Job/hobbies : Bachelor in Social Childcare
Length of time playing piano : 1 year
Guru Points : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-10

https://www.youtube.com/thomandy

Back to top Go down

Post by leonard Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:51 am

yeah at least ill have a try to practice my expresiveness... this is gonna be SO much fun

leonard
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:41 am

leonard wrote:i got the prelude sheet it looks kinda challenging so im gonna give it a shot i guess im gonna struggle with the triplets but like fur elise im just gonna give it my all and who knows maybe its easier than it looks plus i love chopin i hear it while i sleep xD almost every night thanks for the recomendations and after this one im planning on learning canon.

wish me luck Smile

Try it out. It's not a hard piece to play when you're talking about repertoire and playing it physically, but playing it emotionally with feeling is really difficult on that piece. You have to understand how Chopin felt when he composed it, and try to interpret it very slowly like you were somewhat being improvisational. Go on youtube and watch it being played, or listen to it and see how it's played. Everyone interprets it differently, and that's the important part. This basically sums up to why I said it's an easy piece to play physically, but very hard to play with emotion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ef-4Bv5Ng0w - Amazing interpretation of this piece in my honest opinion. Listen carefully.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNUOIzCeSIY - Lastly, here's a video of pianist Sergio Tiempo playing it for your visual experience.

Another thing for me to suggest to you is having the technique, knowledge, and repertoire to be able and play triads and scales fluently with precision, and practice playing triads in every inversion until you get to the root. This is stuff that you will need to be congruent with before learning new pieces.
Jordan
Jordan

Male Number of posts : 244
Job/hobbies : Music, piano
Length of time playing piano : I've been playing on and off since I was 8 years old
Registration date : 2008-02-23

http://www.howtoplaypiano.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by leonard Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:17 pm

thats great for this one im planning on going to the state music building and see if i can borrow de Grand piano and practice it there not that they are gonna let me but its worth the shot since i cant really play it with the enough expression in my keyboard.... thanks for all the info jordan it really helps

leonard
Intermediate Pianist
Intermediate Pianist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down